Rule Changes You'd Like Implemented

I would like to see the stripping rule go, as players are wise to the fact and the good ones can make it look like it is stripped and let go of it.

Let the official call held, otherwise hold the ball tight like we had to do in the past.

The other rule change would be attacking teams do not get penalised for catching short kick offs or drop outs as it is an advantage for the attacking side for an otherwise ordinary kick. Penalty if they choose not to touch it and it does not travel the ten.

Why is the bunker ruling on field goals such a big issue, I don't recall there being too much controversy in this area.

I would have thought that ruling on a forward pass leading up to a try would have been a much more needed and greater priority.

Last year their was a fair bit of noise re player x being offside and of course the blocker gate forming which they tweaked the rule mid season.

Have no problem with it give teams only really kick a field goal to decide a game

On forward passed the challenge is the intentional v unintentional rule currently as it is, makes it challenging for technology/refs to award as such. It’s not black or white and very open to interpretation. They would need to change the rule to the pass can not go forward regardless of floating etc in order for them to make the call & most importantly be consistent.

Imagine two teams just slogged it out for 80, then another 8 or 9 minutes before someone slots a field goal....but wait...wait

Ref has to signal to the bunker, bunker will watch three four five replays from different angles, all for a match deciding moment

Much like the initial excitement of scoring tries has been lost and we gotta wait for Klein in the bunker thus killing all the excitement...same will occur here

Few interesting ones from me:

- disclose players salary to cap year on year like the NBA and other sports do & have a minimum expectation for a player to earn. With expansion this will be important to share the good players cross teams.

- evolve the enablement of the quick tap & quick kick, this has died from the game but would allow for open play more freely. Being meter perfect is a joke these days players always kick off the mark and the tap always is off the mark anyway. Just have it within vicinity and go.

- players walking off the tackled spot for 1-2mtrs then play the ball. If a player walks off the mark defending player can’t be offside.

- introduce power play opportunities when a scrum is formed a team can use the power play to then limit amount of defensive players on a side of the field if scrum is set mid field (like they do in cricket) once ball clears scrum players can rush to other side.

- interchange each player must play a min amount of minutes per game if on the interchange unless injured/hia/bin

- intentional push down on the head of a player on the ground = 5min in the bin, it happens every game now - I really hate that crap

A bug bear of mine for a long time is if someone kicks a ball into a player and it goes out, who the ball goes to depends on if the ball was played at.

Why isn’t this the case when I guy goes to tackle someone and his hand touches the ball accidentally when making a tackle which is automatically ruled as a knock on.

Dont agree with the above? Then we should also ban charge downs!

Tito - you’ve done it again!

Players when stripped for numbers train and practise knocking the ball while.making a tackle.... 95%of it is very very obvious

And just because a charge down is similar to a knock.on it's always obvious what the intent is... Charge downs are great add excitement to the game

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back