@innsaneink said in [Saab](/post/1407509) said:
Playing good in a good team.... He's improved... I doubt he'd improve here

He didn't have to improve
He just needed to "Run Forrest Run"
Pace and height
Something out team desperately needs

@gnr4life said in [Saab](/post/1407538) said:
@red-rugby said in [Saab](/post/1407531) said:
I thought he went to Manly because of the Keith Titmuss tragedy? Weren't he and Keith very close and felt he was honouring his friend by playing at the Sea Eagles?

I thought it was because he lived in Newtown and the Northern Beaches were a lot closer than the Gong. Tbf Turbo makes him look like a million bucks. Saab was a Datsun while Turbo was injured in the early part of the season. He’d be a dud at the Tigers.

Saaby wasn't happy at Dragons, couldn't crack fg and always overlooked. Plus it was due to his travelling between gong & west sydney was a trek. He has good people around him, playing with superstars not boys.

The kids going alright let’s be honest his form was rubbish before tommy t came back interesting to see how they go this week without tommy t and dce

As a potential recruit, Saab had both qualities that WT were severely lacking and pretty well still are. Height and pace, and he has an abundance of them.

@formerguest said in [Saab](/post/1407883) said:
As a potential recruit, Saab had both qualities that WT were severely lacking and pretty well still are. Height and pace, and he has an abundance of them.

Except one downfall: he's too tall to receive Brooks' passes. :wink:

Fair enough but let’s be honest - my grandmother could play outside of Tommy Turbo and look quick and be great. For someone who left the Dragons early, I’d like to know more about that. I know he’s young and has some talent but let’s see how he goes when times are tough first.

Haven’t seen a lot in defence either - he could do very well here!

@thaiger said in [Saab](/post/1410115) said:

Fair enough but let’s be honest - my grandmother could play outside of Tommy Turbo and look quick and be great. For someone who left the Dragons early, I’d like to know more about that. I know he’s young and has some talent but let’s see how he goes when times are tough first.

He has 16 tries in 2021

@tigertownsfs said in [Saab](/post/1410119) said:
@thaiger said in [Saab](/post/1410115) said:

He has 16 tries in 2021

Oh please - have you seen most of them? Heaps of wingers score tries when they have great players on the inside. Tommy Turbo and Cherry-Evans are always going to set their wingers up.

I’m not convinced yet.

@happy_tiger said in [Saab](/post/1407857) said:
Are they offering TPA's to our players

Yeah, Kleenex and Sunny Queen Eggs......

Been very good this year. He and Addo-Carr are the two most dangerous guys in open space, so incredibly fast. Done some really good things for manly, was always going to be a gun once he adjusted to first grade

Too many people as always wrote him off after a few games as a rookie

@jc99 said in [Saab](/post/1410144) said:
Been very good this year. He and Addo-Carr are the two most dangerous guys in open space, so incredibly fast. Done some really good things for manly, was always going to be a gun once he adjusted to first grade

Rookie or otherwise, raw speed cannot be learned - it's there or it's not.

@tiger_one said in [Saab](/post/1410152) said:

But ...But...But ...Nofa once ran at 36.2kmh .....remember

Even had the Steve Austin music playing when he ran .....ba na na na na na ba na na na na na na na .......

Yes I agree he can only take his opportunities presented. I just don’t think he would make that much difference at the WTs. Someone like Dillon is just as quick albeit smaller but would look good at Manly also. Fitzgibbon would also go well even though I admit he does not appear as secure under the high ball.

At least Manly are giving their youth a go. We seem to bury them here.

I can’t wait to see how many tries the wingers score outside of Matty Burton next year at the Dogs if they get a couple of forwards. Good kid, tough as nails from Dubbo. He won’t be whining about travel etc to get out of a contract. Cotric and JAC should have a field day.

You can't give him any room at all. He is playing very well at the moment, I wish we got him.

@happy_tiger said in [Saab](/post/1410159) said:

But ...But...But ...Nofa once ran at 36.2kmh .....remember

hahaha ..... why am I laughing at that?
I've seem every game the Tigers have played with Noffa on the wing and no one could ever call him a speed merchant.

@jc99 said in [Saab](/post/1410161) said:

You can't give him any room at all. He is playing very well at the moment, I wish we got him.

True champion @JC99 - and looking back, he was ours to catch.

@telltails said in [Saab](/post/1410344) said:
@geo said in [Saab](/post/1410180) said:
Lets see how Saab goes tonight minus a Turbo..

Not very well....

Yet he's still wayy better than our wingers. Never got any room tonight, manly have been pretty poor

Latest posts

Staff online

Back