Salary Cap

Its not about hating us, he can see the improvement in Noffas game down there. The best thing for him is to stay in that system.
Might be the best thing for Noffa but what about WT Stryker. He is our best winger imo when he's got his head screwed on properly. If we are to make the 8 next year I think we need him.

Its not about hating us, he can see the improvement in Noffas game down there. The best thing for him is to stay in that system.
But then I see Freddy saying he should come back, is that just a contrarian position for the shows ratings, or does he believe that ?
Me, I’m not sure what the right decision is, but he is a pro baller contracted to WT for , I think 2 more seasons.
But does that mean anything anymore ?

Andrew Johns is a drug taking knob , still on the weed , played all his footy while on drugs , don’t care what he says about anything or player

I think the system should stand for what it says and that is LOAN. If Noffa does not want to play with us then let him play in reserves until he gets his act together. To do anything else to the contrary is to open up a whole new can of worms.

Andrew Johns is a drug taking knob , still on the weed , played all his footy while on drugs , don’t care what he says about anything or player

He smokes weed. The drama. What do you think does more damage to society - alcohol or weed ?

He is a knob but the hypocrisy of drug laws astounds me.

I think the system should stand for what it says and that is LOAN. If Noffa does not want to play with us then let him play in reserves until he gets his act together. To do anything else to the contrary is to open up a whole new can of worms.
A can of woop ass.
That's the problem, a lot of money just sitting on the bench.

The NRL has become as inequitable as the major football leagues in Europe without any real threat of players defecting to other leagues/codes that would constrain the administration from taking meaningful action to level the playing field.

I would be happy to scrap the salary cap and introduce two tiers. Teams like the roosters and storm could maintain their present squads without resorting to creative accountancy and continue to produce the calibre of games we saw last night, while promotion and relegation would create more interest for minnows like the tigers.

The only way to effectively police the cap is for the players to disclose to the NRL each year, a statement of assets and liabilities plus a an ATO notice of assessment. Even then a couple might get through.

The only way to effectively police the cap is for the players to disclose to the NRL each year, a statement of assets and liabilities plus a an ATO notice of assessment. Even then a couple might get through.
This was suggested some time ago and got squashed by the RLPA.
I've got another idea, if the RLPA think we are restricting their trade why doesn't the NRL allow:
Unrestricted use of performance enhancing drugs,
Abolish the salary cap,
Allow men and women to play in the same comp and share dressing rooms,
Transfer between clubs on a weekly round basis, and play naked.
Sound fair and reasonable.

Thanks for this Cobar
This is what i call brilliant journalism,
Malcolm Knox has earned my respect,

It is written with honesty and free of bias and politics and goes straight to the heart of the biggest problem in the NRL, which those crooks at the NRL have not only been avoiding shameleasly but are also deceiving the fans by trying to make us believe that they are treating every NRL club with equality.

And Malcolm Knox is worlds apart from the other so-called journalist clowns named Hooper, Kent, Rothfield.
The difference between him and those other clowns you mention is that he is more of the old school journo - he does his research and lays out the facts and allows you to make a judgement. The guy writes stories on statues in Tasmania, Cam Smith the golfer, over the top unit prices in Bondi - a world apart from those NRL lackeys that just churn out unadulterated BS on rugby league for click bait while they kowtow to their masters.

The difference between him and those other clowns you mention is that he is more of the old school journo - he does his research and lays out the facts and allows you to make a judgement. The guy writes stories on statues in Tasmania, Cam Smith the golfer, over the top unit prices in Bondi - a world apart from those NRL lackeys that just churn out unadulterated BS on rugby league for click bait while they kowtow to their masters.
You've obviously followed his articles.... I'll do the same 👍

But then I see Freddy saying he should come back, is that just a contrarian position for the shows ratings, or does he believe that ?
Me, I’m not sure what the right decision is, but he is a pro baller contracted to WT for , I think 2 more seasons.
But does that mean anything anymore ?
It’s funny Fittler takes this position when he famously walked out on Penrith for similar reasons.

I don't believe Roosters are under the cap .I believe they rort the system . All the players they have and they sign Lodge ? The Brandon Smith deal sounds fishy he's signs there for less?

I don't believe Roosters are under the cap .I believe they rort the system . All the players they have and they sign Lodge ? The Brandon Smith deal sounds fishy he's signs there for less?
Of course they are not . probably never have been. I disagree with the points system not being linked to a contract price. But their worth should be established by what ANY club is willing to pay for them , not what the club say they signed them for. EG we offer Tedesco 1.2 m but he signs with the Rorters for 800k.( supposedly). For him to sign with the Rorters , it will still cost them 1.2 m off their cap because thats what the market( The Tigers offer of 1.2 m) determined was his worth. This way there is no retraint of trade, there is no way the cap can be rorted cause the process would be totally transparent.

Back