Season 2024 - Round 2 Team

Gheez mate is that our Cup side or our Flegg side :ROFLMAO: I don't think it would work out well having all of these guys play Cup. I think Galvin, Sukkar, Feledy, Miller, Faagutu should all probably be playing Flegg still.
Yep wrote in the post it was a cup side just from Top 30 and Dev players and that its likely young players will start in Ball or Flegg.

Good reading.

I have the same worries about Tumeth.

The NRL released a top 30 breakdown for all clubs over the next 4 years the other day. At the bottom of the article they covered how the options work:

Club Option - The Club can activate the extra year/s before a certain date
Player Option - The Player can activate the extra year/s before a certain date
Mutual Option -The Club and player both must agree to activate the extra year/s before a certain date

The dates normally have to be activated by around the end of June on the year of the contract being up.
I’d pay him out.

Alaimalo will be a gun.

Also a fringe super rugby player...who took a couple of years off. Really if he plays first grade there are a lot of better players over here in nz who should be looked at.
Dude he wasn’t fringe. He was a genuine starter. He played around 85 super rugby games.

NRL:

1. Bula
2. Staines
3. Olam
4. Toa
5. Naden

6. Sullivan
7. Sezer

8. Stef
9. Api
10. Klemmer

11. Ice
12. Bateman
13. Seyfarth

14. Simpkin
15. Matamua
16. Pole
17. Twal

Cup:

1. Tupou
2. Lobb
3. Faataape
4. Feledy
5. Alaimalo

6. Galvin
7. L. Fainu

8. S. Fainu
9. TDS
10. S. Fainu
11. Tumeth
12. Kepoa
13. Kit

14. Sukkar
15. Faagutu
16. Miller
17. Saukuru

Some of the younger players will likely start the year in Ball or Flegg. But here is my NRL side and Cup side made up of top 30 + dev players
IMO close to the mark, depending on training and what Benji sees and prefers.
That Cup side looks very impressive for a change!

I was watching the "Bloke in a bar" podcast and the fat guy was raving about the strength of our roster.
The worm has turned in how people now choose to perceive the club.

Sullivan definitely gets the jump, but I feel as if Latu will be ready later down the line (half the season in Cup is ideal, then blooded in the Origin period) and Galvin I'm not too sure on his timeline either. that said, providing you give all of them a decent and fair crack then I see no issue. who knows, Sullivan may keep the other two out for the entire season and start next to Luai come 2025.

Cup halves are a toughie. It does look as if it'll be Fainu and Galvin given what we currently have, but Iverson Matai is one option, as is Harradyn Wilson (former QLD U19s half). no one is exactly experienced like Wakeham was, but it may fast track their development.

I don't think it's a terrible idea to retain Sezer, but someone has to go with Luai coming in next year and given he's on a 1 year deal he's the likeliest to leave. it feels like Richo is going to prioritise Galvin and Fainu moving forward, so that probably leaves Sullivan in a bit of trouble. it is possible that we take up Sezer's option and Sullivan is released, but I don't think that's the likely option.

interesting times nonetheless and providing we get it right, we should be able to have a competitive year while working out who partners Luai at the scrumbase.
I think Sezer is( at least for now) seen as a Band Aid fix for 24. He’s been thrown a NRL lifeline but doubtful he’ll stay, especially now Luai on board.
But stranger things have happened to footballers given “ one last chance”. Wouldn’t it be ironic if he pulled out a really big season, now that would cause some head scratching !

Benji and Richos first success “ change the perception “ !
It had to start somewhere - now it has to translate into success on the paddock.

We don't have the best team on paper; however, now there is a bit of leadership I trust it rubs off. Once that turns from talk into belief then, and only then, will we be on the rise!

It had to start somewhere - now it has to translate into success on the paddock.

We don't have the best team on paper; however, now there is a bit of leadership I trust it rubs off. Once that turns from talk into belief then, and only then, will we be on the rise!
I think we will see a big shift in competitiveness this year. Benji instilling standards. Players appear to be buying in. If they don't, its the highway....

Toa inside Staines. Hopefully we can shed 8/9kgs from miller cause he’s massive.

Kits a unit already not pole like yet but not far from it. Millers got a lot of puppy fat not much muscle yet. But with all the knockers around Nofa was the only one to come over and meet my kid then bula came over, gee what a top guy, introduced himself to me asked my kids name and was very appreciative of my comments on his work last season.

Kits a unit already not pole like yet but not far from it. Millers got a lot of puppy fat not much muscle yet. But with all the knockers around Nofa was the only one to come over and meet my kid then bula came over, gee what a top guy, introduced himself to me asked my kids name and was very appreciative of my comments on his work last season.
I have high hopes for Kit. Reckon he will be a Wests Tiger for a decade.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back