OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

BB is a committed supporter and excellent contributor to the forum. He got it wrong this time but I empathise with his disappointment over losing two good juniors. I read a comment from a supporter that the Tigers have a better junior half in its ranks than Conti. I hope this is true.
Not sure who that may be. Possibly 16yo half Christian Azzi.

BB is a committed supporter and excellent contributor to the forum. He got it wrong this time but I empathise with his disappointment over losing two good juniors. I read a comment from a supporter that the Tigers have a better junior half in its ranks than Conti. I hope this is true.
If you read between the lines it appears both Conti and Nasser expected to be given Development Contracts by 2025, similar to what quite a few of the Wests boys have been given.
Obviously there are only so many Development Contracts that can be given and it looks like Wests Tigers have a big opinion of Alex Isdale who is a year younger than Conti.
In saying that both Conti and Nasser would be welcome additions to our current Jersey Flegg side had they stayed.

If you read between the lines it appears both Conti and Nasser expected to be given Development Contracts by 2025, similar to what quite a few of the Wests boys have been given.
Obviously there are only so many Development Contracts that can be given and it looks like Wests Tigers have a big opinion of Alex Isdale who is a year younger than Conti.
In saying that both Conti and Nasser would be welcome additions to our current Jersey Flegg side had they stayed.
I have watch Alex Isdale in a couple of games recently and I rate him highly as well. Seems have all the halfback tricks, kicks, defence and eyes up type of game IMO.

Good post. Isadale from what I have watched is a fine young player. We put faith in our development and recruitment staff that they make the correct calls with young players. We trust their judgement in these siutations. Our circumstance is different to most other clubs in that we have two teams worth of players competing for positions plus those recruited from elsewhere. Having the Roosters, Canterbury, the Storm and others eyeing of our talent makes it more difficult. It's a tough situation for WTs.

That’ll do me !!!
You're blaming weak Balmain squads on Wests Ashfield.
Mate, without Wests Ashfield, they wouldn’t exist at all.

Young players leave all the time (not just Balmain players I might add). Given the halfback coaching the young #7s are receiving at the Dogs, I reckon Conti made a very wise choice.

Re’ Nassar, the Roosters are always snapping up quality juniors. They nabbed Lachie Dooner from Camden a year or two back and their Matt’s Cup five eight this weekend against Wests is Jez Papa from Campbelltown (who’s also playing up a year) ...

I would guess the strength of the Balmain Jnr rep teams is more a reflection of the Balmain junior league

Conspiracy Fail 🤣🤣🤣
We need to get Lachie Dooner back ASAP.
Big, tall, strong & fast with good enough playmaking ability to play in the halves, he could be something special.

Conti left because of his crap of a human being manager Bwaith’ over rated’ Canstanya

Mate, Leichhardt is closer to Wests Ashfield than Lidcombe is.
You might have a point if we were playing lower grades at Pratten Park (or Ashfield Park) 🤔
Ok, geographically it's closer yes. The point was Leichhardt is traditionally Balmain's homeground and Lidcombe is traditionally Wests homeground... WA have put their own needs ahead of that of the paying fans and members. Ok Wests v Newtown is a traditional rivalry so playing at their traditional ground makes more sense for that as a standalone fixture. They'd still get a bigger turnout if this game was before the NRL one, just that Wests won't get the extra gate takings...

But still WT could be playing Flegg as the pre-match rather than the worst team WT have ever produced in any grade in our history.

That’ll do me !!!

Young players leave all the time (not just Balmain players I might add). Given the halfback coaching the young #7s are receiving at the Dogs, I reckon Conti made a very wise choice.

Re’ Nassar, the Roosters are always snapping up quality juniors. They nabbed Lachie Dooner from Camden a year or two back and their Matt’s Cup five eight this weekend against Wests is Jez Papa from Campbelltown (who’s also playing up a year) ...

I would guess the strength of the Balmain Jnr rep teams is more a reflection of the Balmain junior league

Conspiracy Fail 🤣🤣🤣
Obviously WA pay the bills for Balmain, no one's denying that. And my comment was largely in jest, thought WA-HBG-WT have certainly done nothing but neglect Balmain's sides this year. How can it be that suddenly in both grades Balmain have gone from being competitive but not star-filled, to dead last without a win and without any quality. Letting players who want to stay leave, pushing them out the door even in the case of Nassar. It's one thing to release players if we feel we have better prospects coming through but the cupboard is obviously completely empty at the moment, and yet still players weren't secured when they weren't chasing NRL or dev deals yet.
I can't remember the last time Balmain finished the season winless in either grade, to suddenly finish last and winless in both grades in the same year speaks to ridiculous incompetence. If local comp is weaker at the moment we recruit players from other comps like every other side does! Yet we didn't recruit from outside, 2 queensland boys aside. But you can't build a team around 2 qlders.

The nepotism with Lebanese players has also got to be wiped out, with the responsible parties removed from the club permanently.

Ok, geographically it's closer yes. The point was Leichhardt is traditionally Balmain's homeground and Lidcombe is traditionally Wests homeground... WA have put their own needs ahead of that of the paying fans and members. Ok Wests v Newtown is a traditional rivalry so playing at their traditional ground makes more sense for that as a standalone fixture. They'd still get a bigger turnout if this game was before the NRL one, just that Wests won't get the extra gate takings...

But still WT could be playing Flegg as the pre-match rather than the worst team WT have ever produced in any grade in our history.
Gate entry to Lidcome $5 for old farts. Small turnout. No profit.
If you wanted to see West Magpies as a build up to NRL game $25 entry.
What makes the most sense $ wise for Wests Tigers?

Gate entry to Lidcome $5 for old farts. Small turnout. No profit.
If you wanted to see West Magpies as a build up to NRL game $25 entry.
What makes the most sense $ wise for Wests Tigers?
PS. What is the catchment area of the old Wests Magpies and who in the side comes from that area?
I get the impression there is none? And the current team is from the Campbelltown catchment or imported.
Therefore it is crap to regurgitate the old West Magpies play at their home ground when none of them have ever been associated with it.
It is now the WESTS TIGERS so play at their home grounds, whatever colour jersey they are wearing.

I think they wanted to stay but the decision was taken out of their hands.

That’ll do me !!!

Conspiracy Fail 🤣🤣🤣
Balmain Boy has no idea bro...biggest gronk you should see him bounce around at Leichhardt Oval hahahaha it's hilarious. Should focus on himself rather than his comments

I think they wanted to stay but the decision was taken out of their hands.
How was it “taken out of their hands”
Were they frog marched to the border 🤣🤣🤣

Im sure they would have been selected in the Balmain SG Ball team had they not seen better opportunity elsewhere

Short of disciplinary issues (of which neither of these lads had) - no juniors at that age are sent on there way

How was it “taken out of their hands”
Were they frog marched to the border 🤣🤣🤣

Im sure they would have been selected in the Balmain SG Ball team had they not seen better opportunity elsewhere

Short of disciplinary issues (of which neither of these lads had) - no juniors at that age are sent on there way
It hasn’t turned out to be better opportunity for Nasser, he’s hardly played.

Latest posts

Members online

Back