OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

You are right mate and Conti had his contract pulled too. Nasser's granddad was an All Black too so the pedigree so he isnt a fly by nighter in being a talent. Wests Tigers have already made approaches to get him back.
I believe it is now in Shannon Gallant’s charter to get our talented juniors back that left for whatever resson. Hopefully Mikey is high priority.

You are right mate and Conti had his contract pulled too. Nasser's granddad was an All Black too so the pedigree so he isnt a fly by nighter in being a talent. Wests Tigers have already made approaches to get him back.
Too much shit talk on this thread Balmain Boy go have another Meat Pie

Any insight if he would be keen to come back?
Both Conti and Nasser live in Concord and have played for Concord Burwood Wolves since they were 4 years old, their junior footy side has won 12 or 13 comps in a row in the Div1 combined comp that covers 7 or 8 districts. Their side went up to Queensland and beat over 100 teams in the Gordon Tallis Championship when they were 10 or 11. My poor young bloke played for Holy Cross Rhino's we know exactly how good these kids are, he played them every year, we how much they love their junior district when teams from Parra and Dogs would try and poach them from their junior club every year. Lachie Galvin went through something very similar he was a Camden junior won a heap of comps as a kid and had to leave because they thought he was too skinny and Wests prioritised kids that had reached their physical development a lot earlier, he went to Parra only to be brought back. Bronson Harrison is very close to Nasser he coaches him for school footy at Hills Sports hopefully him and Shannon can weave their magic.

Both Conti and Nasser live in Concord and have played for Concord Burwood Wolves since they were 4 years old, their junior footy side has won 12 or 13 comps in a row in the Div1 combined comp that covers 7 or 8 districts. Their side went up to Queensland and beat over 100 teams in the Gordon Tallis Championship when they were 10 or 11. My poor young bloke played for Holy Cross Rhino's we know exactly how good these kids are, he played them every year, we how much they love their junior district when teams from Parra and Dogs would try and poach them from their junior club every year. Lachie Galvin went through something very similar he was a Camden junior won a heap of comps as a kid and had to leave because they thought he was too skinny and Wests prioritised kids that had reached their physical development a lot earlier, he went to Parra only to be brought back. Bronson Harrison is very close to Nasser he coaches him for school footy at Hills Sports hopefully him and Shannon can weave their magic.
My theory is if Fulton wasn't at the club last year, Nasser would still be here. It smells of the Fulton/Tartak buddy relationship ensuring Luke Laulilii was prioritised as the leading 17yo fullback at the club last year. Not saying Luke isn't a great retention because I'm a big fan of his ability. Anyway might be completely wrong but I can understand if Nasser's manager got the shits.

My theory is if Fulton wasn't at the club last year, Nasser would still be here. It smells of the Fulton/Tartak buddy relationship ensuring Luke Laulilii was prioritised as the leading 17yo fullback at the club last year. Not saying Luke isn't a great retention because I'm a big fan of his ability. Anyway might be completely wrong but I can understand if Nasser's manager got the shits.
So much for Nasser.
Why did Conti leave when everyone thought he was our best up-and-coming half?

Wow if you live in an area growing up you should not leave?
One of my bestmates nephew's was born and bred in wellington NZ. Played for the junior Hurricanes and Junior Abs.
He had a contract with NZ Rugby but fell in love and moved to Canada. At the 2011 RWC he played for Canada against NZ here in Wellington.
Life happens.
Lets be honest both had their contracts pulled. If they wanted to stay they would have signed before the contract was pulled.

UNE SG Ball Cup - Round 9 vs. Eels

Friday, March 29 - 12:30 p.m. AEDT
Eric Tweedale Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Heath Mason
2. Jack Nicholas
3. Callum McMenemy
4. Luke Laulilii
5. Daniel Waqa
6. Sonny Edwards-Moeke
7. Heith Pritchard (c)
8. Jordan Miller
9. Tallyn Da Silva
10. Michael Coady
11. Mitchell Taotua
12. Archie Duncombe
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Dylan Smith
15. Ewan Xuereb
16. Denzel Schaafhausen-Mino
17. Kohan Lewis

18. Lucas Rossi
19. Roy Quiroz-Mapusua
Coach: Joey Saukuru

UNE SG Ball Cup - Round 9 vs. Knights

Saturday, March 30 - 2:30 p.m. AEDT
Leichhardt Oval, Sydney

BALMAIN TIGERS

1. Cameron Kanaan
2. Hosea Kedzlie
3. Nelson Solo
4. Xavier Tauaifaiga
5. Marley Skeen
6. Marc Tannous
7. Chad Daniels
8. Keenan Lawandos
9. Jared Haywood (c)
10. Jekope Sovau
11. Christian Taula
12. Massimo Maestrale
13. Archie Riley

14. Charles Manapori-Reu
15. Latrell Toby-Smith
16. Jack Hanratty
17. Douglas Tuala

18. Nehemiah Wuatai-Davis
Coach: Chris Yates

UNE SG Ball Cup - Round 9 vs. Eels

Friday, March 29 - 12:30 p.m. AEDT
Eric Tweedale Stadium, Sydney

WESTERN SUBURBS MAGPIES

1. Heath Mason
2. Jack Nicholas
3. Callum McMenemy
4. Luke Laulilii
5. Daniel Waqa
6. Sonny Edwards-Moeke
7. Heith Pritchard (c)
8. Jordan Miller
9. Tallyn Da Silva
10. Michael Coady
11. Mitchell Taotua
12. Archie Duncombe
13. Kit Laulilii

14. Dylan Smith
15. Ewan Xuereb
16. Denzel Schaafhausen-Mino
17. Kohan Lewis

18. Lucas Rossi
19. Roy Quiroz-Mapusua
Coach: Joey Saukuru
Wonder what's happened to Nav Willett. If injured, hopefully back soon to get some reps in Flegg.

Wow if you live in an area growing up you should not leave?
One of my bestmates nephew's was born and bred in wellington NZ. Played for the junior Hurricanes and Junior Abs.
He had a contract with NZ Rugby but fell in love and moved to Canada. At the 2011 RWC he played for Canada against NZ here in Wellington.
Life happens.
Lets be honest both had their contracts pulled. If they wanted to stay they would have signed before the contract was pulled.
Huge difference leaving because you want to leave or your forced to leave, with Nasser he had 14 clubs after him and wanted to stay at the Tigers only to have his offer withdrawn when Fulton started his role at Wests Tigers. The kid is half kiwi too mate Colin Meads is his mothers uncle.

100% right mate. I am pretty sure Nasser hasn't got a manager his dad owns Pain Away and has been on the Balmain Junior League board for a few years and sponsored both Balmain and Wests junior comps for a long time and still does.

I reckon it’s coz we signed Latu Fainu.
Braith was pretty livid when that was confirmed.
There is a reasonable age gap between the two to suggest this may not have been the case.

I thought it was Fulton. He rated the kids coming through Blacktown/Manly more highly.

Gate entry to Lidcome $5 for old farts. Small turnout. No profit.
If you wanted to see West Magpies as a build up to NRL game $25 entry.
What makes the most sense $ wise for Wests Tigers?
Why does Wests Tigers come into it?
Wests Magpies own and run the KOE team.
They just receive players from Wests Tigers.
I’d say most would be happy to pay $5 to watch the nostalgia continue

How was it “taken out of their hands”
Were they frog marched to the border 🤣🤣🤣

Im sure they would have been selected in the Balmain SG Ball team had they not seen better opportunity elsewhere

Short of disciplinary issues (of which neither of these lads had) - no juniors at that age are sent on there way
They weren’t given consideration of priority for escalation into a first grade development opportunity not necessarily by putting them on Dev contracts but by considering into the Wests Tigers future and they were apparently overlooked. So left.

They weren’t given consideration of priority for escalation into a first grade development opportunity not necessarily by putting them on Dev contracts but by considering into the Wests Tigers future and they were apparently overlooked. So left.
Nasser has been left out of the Roosters Jersey Flegg squad for the majority of the season, so it’s been a bad move for him and he is certainly no closer to playing NRL at the Roosters than he would have been with us.
He’d be a much better chance of rapidly progressing through the grades if he returned to Wests Tigers.
Conti although a regular starter for the strong Bulldogs SG Ball side, his path to NRL is blocked by many including his highly regarded team mate and halfback Mitchell Woods as well as Flegg halfback Joseph O’Neill etc. Like Nasser he would be a much better chance of rapidly moving through the grades if he returned to Wests Tigers.

Last edited:
Nasser has been left out of the Roosters Jersey Flegg squad for the majority of the season, so it’s been a bad move for him and he is certainly no closer to playing NRL at the Roosters than he would have been with us.
He’d be a much better chance if rapidly progressing through the grades if he returned to Wests Tigers.
Coni although a regular starter for the strong Bulldogs SG Ball side, his path to NRL is blocked by many including his highly regarded team mate and halfback Mitchell Woods as well as Flegg halfback Joseph O’Neill etc. Like Nasser he would be a much better chance of rapidly moving through the grades if he returned to Wests Tigers.
Mikey Nasser only turned 17 this year he has been out with a fractured knee cap and the Roosters haven't rushed him but they think that much of the kid he has been named at fullback this week just before the semi finals for SG Ball. I watched him against Panthers 3 weeks back and he caused chaos setting up two tries, he is taller and quicker than he was last year. The Roosters I think are undefeated in SG Ball so it says something if he has been named in their starting line up 2 years young and they want him ready for the semis. I hope they get him back to us, the family are Tigers through and through.

Mikey Nasser only turned 17 this year he has been out with a fractured knee cap and the Roosters haven't rushed him but they think that much of the kid he has been named at fullback this week just before the semi finals for SG Ball. I watched him against Panthers 3 weeks back and he caused chaos setting up two tries, he is taller and quicker than he was last year. The Roosters I think are undefeated in SG Ball so it says something if he has been named in their starting line up 2 years young and they want him ready for the semis. I hope they get him back to us, the family are Tigers through and through.

I’ve never seen him play but I want him back 👍

Members online

Back