OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

Only 4 of the s g ball team have progressed to flegg or koe are the rest finished for the season.I think there to old for school games wondering where do they go from here.?

Reactions: BZN
Only 4 of the s g ball team have progressed to flegg or koe are the rest finished for the season.I think there to old for school games wondering where do they go from here.?
Based on previous seasons, the ones that do not get promoted to Jersey Flegg or higher go back and play local club football for the rest of the season.
Wests Tigers also use the Ryde-Eastwood Hawks Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield teams to play some of the players who are in and out of the Jersey Flegg or NSW Cup teams.

Last edited:
It's the problem with the current age groups. SG ball always used to be u18s, hence a schoolboy aged comp. During covid they increased it to u19s which leads some players being considered too young/undeveloped for flegg but no other comps at a decent level for them to grow in...
Sure the best players go up, especially the ones in NRL/development contracts but the rest play at a low level.
This might also be why we had such a weak NSW cup side, knowing that a lot of promotions will come through.

Last edited:
Based on previous seasons, the ones that do not get promoted to Jersey Flegg or higher do back and play local club football for the rest of the season.
Wests Tigers also use the Ryde-Eastwood Hawks Ron Massey Cup and Sydney Shield teams to play some of the players who are in and out of the Jersey Flegg or NSW Cup teams.
Thanks vicious you seem like such a nice bloke where did you get that name from.😁

Latest posts

Members online

Back