Share Trading ASX - Stock Tips and Discussion

@supercoach said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1127882) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1127868) said:
@supercoach said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1127858) said:
@voice_of_reason said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1127818) said:
I know it will bounce back at some stage but it's getting very frustrating right now - probably dropped $200k in the past week from my super fund.
Looking at buying but it's anybody's guess where the bottom is. With most countries throwing around billions in stimulus packages surely it can't keep going down.
Trump locking out Europe has thrown a spanner in the works...

Mate I am a self funded retiree and my Super is down 70 grand in a month. So I changed my super from shares to cash today. Figure I will not make any money but will stoop the spiral and will revert back to shares if and when the tables turn

We changed our super to cash 2 weeks ago. Still lost a bit, but wasn't too much.

I got talked out of it by a mate two weeks ago..probably cost me 40 grand.

Has he written you a check yet SC ....me and @Demps can go the heavies on him if you like

I had a discussion with a mate today who's still with AMP (I'm with a different Super fund). With the markets down @ 30% I'm down about 10% whilst he's down 28%.
I've never been a fan of AMP but right now I'm quite pleased I'm not with them.

@voice_of_reason said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1128543) said:
I had a discussion with a mate today who's still with AMP (I'm with a different Super fund). With the markets down @ 30% I'm down about 10% whilst he's down 28%.
I've never been a fan of AMP but right now I'm quite pleased I'm not with them.

They should have taken the word mutual out of their name long before they demutualised.

It has taken just 22 days for Wall Street to drop a third of its value. This is the fastest drop in history. Faster than a CT kick return.

@Hangonaminute said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135702) said:
Buy Bitcoin

Forget Bitcoin..

![buttcoins-buttcoins-everywhere.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1585010925336-buttcoins-buttcoins-everywhere.jpg)

@Hangonaminute said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135702) said:
Buy Bitcoin

I heard it had drop by over 50%. No source. Can anyone confirm?

@mike said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135723) said:
Buy Bitcoin

I heard it had drop by over 50%. No source. Can anyone confirm?

I heard the same thing from a mate who has some. He’s hanging in waiting for a run.

Does anyone use a program to buy and sell? If so, which one and what’s your opinion please?

@twentyforty said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135750) said:
Does anyone use a program to buy and sell? If so, which one and what’s your opinion please?

(you are most likely aware of this so disregard if I am stating the obvious)
it depends on your philosophy of trading, e.g. technical or fundamental analysis, for both options there are programs that can help:
- for the fundamental - e.g. stock doctor, and skaffold,
- technical - e.g. Metastock (offline), or online apps

Many Technical traders use a different set of indicators, usually selected on the test results of the historical data.
All technical analysis apps have a wide choice of the indicators, and some of them offer the black box trading solutions.
Hope this helps :expressionless:

@twentyforty said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135750) said:

The independent reserve is what I was using when I had some.very easy to use check out their website
Sold them all last year

My brother in law is what you could call a ‘bitcoin tycoon’ lol

They were at 10k last Friday,up to 11k today
Impossible to predict what those things do imo
But if you have the time to watch it closely you can make money pretty quickly
Obviously you need to money to outlay 😂

@InBenjiWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135783) said:

it depends on your philosophy of trading, e.g. technical or fundamental analysis, for both options there are programs that can help:

Many Technical traders use a different set of indicators, usually selected on the test results of the historical data.
All technical analysis apps have a wide choice of the indicators, and some of them offer the black box trading solutions.

Thanks for that @InBenjiWeTrust . I don’t know how long this self isolation will last, so I’m looking for a hobby with some upside. I’ll have a look at those.

@Sausagesorcerer said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135784) said:

The independent reserve is what I was using when I had some.very easy to use check out their website
Sold them all last year

My brother in law is what you could call a ‘bitcoin tycoon’ lol

They were at 10k last Friday,up to 11k today
Impossible to predict what those things do imo
But if you have the time to watch it closely you can make money pretty quickly
Obviously you need to money to outlay ?

@Sausagesorcerer you made a very good call to sell up last year. I think people holding bitcoin talk it up like the brokers talk up shares they’re holding. My bitcoin mates due for a call, it’s his shout ? . Thanks , I’ll check out the ir.

@twentyforty said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1136086) said:
@InBenjiWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1135783) said:

Thanks for that @InBenjiWeTrust . I don’t know how long this self isolation will last, so I’m looking for a hobby with some upside. I’ll have a look at those.

If you are new trader, I suggest you to look at ASX site, they have 'dry run' trading option, so you don't invest the real money.
This will increase your confidence, so you will better understand what you do, however, don't be fooled, the real trading when your own money is invested, is vastly different as psychology is involved, and risk tolerance is different for different people.
In general, this time is the best for investing, as the market is hugely undervalued, but the trick is to know when to go in, and that is 64000000 question:grinning:

@InBenjiWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1136104) said:
@twentyforty said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1136086) said:

If you are new trader, I suggest you to look at ASX site, they have 'dry run' trading option, so you don't invest the real money.
This will increase your confidence, so you will better understand what you do, however, don't be fooled, the real trading when your own money is invested, is vastly different as psychology is involved, and risk tolerance is different for different people.
In general, this time is the best for investing, as the market is hugely undervalued, but the trick is to know when to go in, and that is 64000000 question:grinning:

We have a long way to go before it reaches the bottom. Sit tight.

@InBenjiWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1136104) said:

That’s a good piece of advice, thank you. I’ve had a keen interest over many years but never traded.

I did a fair bit of buying several weeks ago to counter losses on shares I already owned and bought into some things I thought were well undervalued (Qantas @ $2.40ish).

It's still very rocky and unpredictable and I expect to be up and down a lot, but buying cheap has gotten me back in the black for now and I'm holding about double what I had previously.

Long term I think we'll do OK - these are for my kids so time isn't an issue.

Do you think commbank will go down further? I saw it get to around $57 the other day.
I‘m holding out because I know they had deferred a lot of mortgage repayments and forked out to employ more staff to handle the influx of people deferring mortgages. I know this will negatively affect their first and second quarterly profit report but it has been pretty stable around the $61 mark As of recent.

@Uncle-mike said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1142617) said:
Do you think commbank will go down further? I saw it get to around $57 the other day.
I‘m holding out because I know they had deferred a lot of mortgage repayments and forked out to employ more staff to handle the influx of people deferring mortgages. I know this will negatively affect their first and second quarterly profit report but it has been pretty stable around the $61 mark As of recent.

I think cba value is determined by also the strength and perceived value of the other 3 pillars. eg Wbc has a class action to deal with which may encourage investors to rebalance . I think cba’s value is around $48 but the strength of our banking sector says otherwise, there’s some confidence creeping into the market the past few days, possibly underpinned by institutional buy options stopping it from going too far under $60. imo

Hey every 1 made some good gains on Webjet over the past few weeks hopefully it keeps going up as things start to open up

Latest posts

Back