Share Trading ASX - Stock Tips and Discussion

I bought into Qantas at $2.40. It's really just play money but I'm up about 10 grand in the last 6 weeks. Super is also coming back after a big drop.

Been haveing quit a lot of luck on a penny stock called 4ds if any 1 is interested

@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1268596) said:
Been haveing quit a lot of luck on a penny stock called 4ds if any 1 is interested

yeah I've been watching 4DS for a long time but haven't bought. Check out ELS for another tech stock that I think will go places.

If you're into goldies check out NVA.

Also bumper harvest this year, biggest in decades, so GNC is going well.

@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1152184) said:
Hey every 1 made some good gains on Webjet over the past few weeks hopefully it keeps going up as things start to open up

I don't have the balls to touch anything flight related.

One to watch in the next few days - it is in a trading halt at the moment - is BGA (Bega Cheese). It is acquiring Lion Dairy + Drinks (this includes well-known brands like Dairy Farmers, Farmers Union, Big M, Pura, Dare Iced Coffee).

You might recall there was previously a Chinese attempt to take it over, but it was knocked back by the Foreign Investment Review Board.

Great to see these iconic brands back under Australian ownership. Good work Bega, especially since you've already brought Vegemite back under Australian ownership too!

@TillLindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1268614) said:
@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1152184) said:
Hey every 1 made some good gains on Webjet over the past few weeks hopefully it keeps going up as things start to open up

Airlines are a terrible business to invest in.

On the other hand, airports are good at the right price.

@TillLindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1269876) said:
One to watch in the next few days - it is in a trading halt at the moment - is BGA (Bega Cheese). It is acquiring Lion Dairy + Drinks (this includes well-known brands like Dairy Farmers, Farmers Union, Big M, Pura, Dare Iced Coffee).

You might recall there was previously a Chinese attempt to take it over, but it was knocked back by the Foreign Investment Review Board.

Great to see these iconic brands back under Australian ownership. Good work Bega, especially since you've already brought Vegemite back under Australian ownership too!

the following are on my list: RMD, COH, CSL, and ANN .

@Papacito said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1269892) said:
@TillLindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1268614) said:

On the other hand, airports are good at the right price.

Warren Buffet says that he has set up his own help line.

Any time that he is tempted to invest in an airline he can call it up and they'll talk him out of that decision.

@InBenjiWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1269996) said:
@TillLindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1269876) said:

the following are on my list: RMD, COH, CSL, and ANN .

It's hard to go past CSL! I thought I was overpaying at $98, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

@Papacito said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1269892) said:

They definitely have their ups and downs ...boom tish :blush:

I bought Qantas at $2.40 ($5.37 today). I think in the next 12-18 months they'll end up back near their pre-covid price of $6.60. I'm surprised how quickly they've come back - I bought assuming a long term recovery.

@voice_of_reason said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1270061) said:

They definitely have their ups and downs ...boom tish :blush:

I bought Qantas at $2.40 ($5.37 today). I think in the next 12-18 months they'll end up back near their pre-covid price of $6.60. I'm surprised how quickly they've come back - I bought assuming a long term recovery.

You can certainly make money (or lose money) trading them, but in the long run, airlines never really make money.

I’m very new to the world of ASX.

Can I please ask what people’s thoughts are on ETF’s as a longterm investment. Something like Vanguard’s VAS and VGS?

Looking at around a 12-15yr timeframe.

@InMadgeWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1270156) said:

Can I please ask what people’s thoughts are on ETF’s as a longterm investment. Something like Vanguard’s VAS and VGS?

You can google different managed funds (i.e. www.canstar.com.au ), and choose the level of risk and exposure to a different 'instruments', one of the better (for me :blush: ) was Perpetual Magellan (I do not work for them and I am not a licensed financial advisor!).

@InMadgeWeTrust said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1270156) said:

ETFs can be a good way to get exposure to a whole sector without worrying about 'picking a winner', and it's a good way of overseas exposure with less complicated tax implications. The downside is the fees.

I hold 3 ETFs:
HACK (cyber security ETF)
RBTZ (artificial intelligence and robotics)
ACDC (battery tech, includes Tesla, Panasonic, lithium miners etc)

bump an old topic but though this was interesting enough o warrant it.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/gamestop-shares-plunge-as-robinhood-freezes-transactions-wallstreet-bets-reddit/news-story/c5fd9a382c2a50db0fe37ee0704f3d66

a redid page manipulated the stocks on game stop and made life tough for quite a few short selling hedge funds.

@the_third said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1297653) said:

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/gamestop-shares-plunge-as-robinhood-freezes-transactions-wallstreet-bets-reddit/news-story/c5fd9a382c2a50db0fe37ee0704f3d66

a redid page manipulated the stocks on game stop and made life tough for quite a few short selling hedge funds.

Yep, and when they started making money at the expense of hedge fund shorters, the big end of town colluded to shut it down.

@the_third said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1297653) said:

This was brilliant 👌.

Wall street has been screwing the little guy forever, the problem is they just get bailed out by their rich mates and the fed, gotta keep printing that funny money.

They have mentioned that silver is next so if you have a silver etf hold onto it

Latest posts

Back