Share Trading ASX - Stock Tips and Discussion

@tilllindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1297655) said:
@the_third said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1297653) said:
bump an old topic but though this was interesting enough o warrant it.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/investing/gamestop-shares-plunge-as-robinhood-freezes-transactions-wallstreet-bets-reddit/news-story/c5fd9a382c2a50db0fe37ee0704f3d66

a redid page manipulated the stocks on game stop and made life tough for quite a few short selling hedge funds.

Yep, and when they started making money at the expense of hedge fund shorters, the big end of town colluded to shut it down.

Its digraceful and dangerous. I, seriously surprised the world isnt up in arms about this.

Not like News Ltd to actually get the story 100% backwards....is it?

https://www.news.com.au/finance/markets/world-markets/reddit-users-win-and-lose-as-they-take-on-wall-st-giants-with-gamestop-move/news-story/ce8fe63f6b06837da0eac97b63c8797a

@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1297969) said:
They have mentioned that silver is next so if you have a silver etf hold onto it
[/QUOTE]

@finnzo mate said:
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/reddit-preparing-unleash-worlds-biggest-short-squeeze-silver

@papacito said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1269892) said:
@TillLindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1268614) said:
@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1152184) said:
Hey every 1 made some good gains on Webjet over the past few weeks hopefully it keeps going up as things start to open up

I don't have the balls to touch anything flight related.

Airlines are a terrible business to invest in.

On the other hand, airports are good at the right price.

I think the thing I'd be watching with airports is if and when the Federal Govt decides to start helping them with funding ....

@finnzo

Looks like the run on silver might be the real deal

https://twitter.com/QTRResearch/status/1355898843485724673

@tilllindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1298898) said:
Silver Mines Limited (SVL on the ASX) finished up almost 50% today.

Bloody he’ll
I brought the wrong stock haha I brought etpmag

@tilllindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1428320) said:
FMG should have a massive dividend coming up.

I swear i've seen your name on another forum I visit discussing shares...

@weststigers said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1111180) said:
Thought it would be good to share some knowledge amongst ourselves for those of us that get involved with or are interested in trading shares.

I just sold:

ALL - Aristocrat
BAP - Bapcor
CDA - Codan
CSL - CSL Limited

for quite a nice profit (80% gain) after holding them for about 12 months, although I had kept CDA from before that which was a large part of that gain (bought at $1.18, sold at $7.74).

Currently I'm looking at the next crop of shares to buy and have settled on ZNO - Zoono Group which I bought on Friday.

Looking for more opportunities at the moment and I like the following:

APX - Appen
XRO - Xero
APT - Afterpay
NEA - Nearmap
PBH - Pointsbet

Any interest around the forum for this topic?
Extremely so for me, I’d love the chance to make some $ and enjoy some convos with some fellow Weats Tigers tragics like myself! 🤑🤠

@tigerneddyk said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1429567) said:
@weststigers said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1111180) said:
Thought it would be good to share some knowledge amongst ourselves for those of us that get involved with or are interested in trading shares.

I just sold:

ALL - Aristocrat
BAP - Bapcor
CDA - Codan
CSL - CSL Limited

for quite a nice profit (80% gain) after holding them for about 12 months, although I had kept CDA from before that which was a large part of that gain (bought at $1.18, sold at $7.74).

Currently I'm looking at the next crop of shares to buy and have settled on ZNO - Zoono Group which I bought on Friday.

APX - Appen
XRO - Xero
APT - Afterpay
NEA - Nearmap
PBH - Pointsbet

Extremely so for me, I’d love the chance to make some $ and enjoy some convos with some fellow Weats Tigers tragics like myself! ??

For me it's all about the miners at the moment mate, FMG has a ridiculously high dividend yield at the moment (priced a bit cheaper than the big 2), their quarterly came out this morning and they are basically printing money. Also I'm into smaller miners in the battery metals space - E25 (manganese), SRL (nickel/cobalt/scandium with a bit of platinum thrown in), ASM (rare earths). They're my tips at the moment, just a personal view, not serious financial advice.

What do you guys use for trading? Apps? eToro? Superhero? Brokers?

@tiger5150 said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1524720) said:

If your buying American stocks I highly recommend stake really simple to use and there is no limit on how much you can invest

@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1524723) said:
@tiger5150 said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1524720) said:

If your buying American stocks I highly recommend stake really simple to use and there is no limit on how much you can invest

Was starting in Aussie, might branch into US. I used to trade years 10 years ago but need to do it through the bank in those days.

@tiger5150 said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1524724) said:
@finnzo said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1524723) said:

Was starting in Aussie, might branch into US. I used to trade years 10 years ago but need to do it through the bank in those days.

Ohk well I still use comsec because I’m with commonwealth bank and that’s is pretty good I would recommend it

Commsec for me, no complaints there.

@tilllindemann said in [Share Trading ASX \- Stock Tips and Discussion](/post/1524915) said:

Commsec for me, no complaints there.

Thanks guys, I flirted with the new trading apps, sunk a chunk of money into eToro only to find out I cant trade Aussie stocks there. Withdrew it all (hasnt transferred yet so not sure how much Ill lose in forex) and decided to go with Nabtrade.

I just sold:

ALL - Aristocrat
BAP - Bapcor
CDA - Codan
CSL - CSL Limited

APX - Appen
XRO - Xero
APT - Afterpay
NEA - Nearmap
PBH - Pointsbet

Did you end up buying Afterpay? You would have made a killing!

Gold is through the roof, just cracked US $2,000 oz
Yes and it should be closer to $2500. But for decades it's a very relatively illiquid market that the state's like to keep a lid on showcasing their dollar. Despite this I'm looking forward to possibly 3000 soon. But timing uncertain.

I really like all commodities especially oil, coal metals including grains.

The cold war coming up which I alluded too in the other thread is a net positive for Australia. Look for 88c for our dollar soon too.

Been busy with this lately. Seem like a 70s scenario finance wise.

Back