Share Trading ASX - Stock Tips and Discussion

Oh yeah, that was insane. I have no idea how she hoodwinked so many high profile individuals and companies. Might have to check that show out, sounds good!

This cough detection system from memory is more of a consumer facing product, so doesn’t have a lot to hide behind. I think it’s been independently verified too, but I’ll do some further reading on it. I meant to look into further after hearing about it.
Recently I coughed near my phone.
Phone. “What can I do for you?”
Me. “I didn’t say anything.”
Phone. “Okay.”
😂

Forum members best EFT's you would recommend and company. Vanguard seems to rule this space.

Anybody got an opinion on Government bonds? thanks
I think ETFs were good during period following crash in 07 when governments were printing moneyand all assets were inflating.

Probably gunna have to be more stock specific now.

Also means greater risk.

Last edited:
Forum members best EFT's you would recommend and company. Vanguard seems to rule this space.

Anybody got an opinion on Government bonds? thanks

You come up with a portfolio and then you stick to your plan.

Are you comfortable with some falls in your portfolio ? Are you risk averse ? You got to figure this out for yourself.

I like the idea of just having 2 ETF's - one all world index and one domestic bonds. You just have the bonds equal to how risk averse you are or maybe better put how much you can handle your stocks going down.

Personally I don't do that but I like Aussie Shares giving me some tax benefits.

I'm 100% shares in Super with I think (I can't be bothered to check) something like 75/25 international to Aussie.

Outside of Super I'm about 37% International Shares, 28% Australian Shares and the rest in cash and bonds but to be fair I have a bigger cash percentage. I'm retired so I have a bigger cash percentage but depending on how long until you retire I'd have less in cash and bonds.

I use VGS for international shares, VAS for Australian Shares and VAF for Australian Bonds. They are all Vanguard and you can look them up. I also have some CBA shares because I used to work there but I'd never buy individual shares.

If you want government bonds you can go with VGB. Personally I think government bonds may be a little safer but who cares. I think you need bonds or cash but not to make money. These are just the part of your portfolio to stop you stressing too much.

Last edited:
You come up with a portfolio and then you stick to your plan.

Are you comfortable with some falls in your portfolio ? Are you risk averse ? You got to figure this out for yourself.

I like the idea of just having 2 ETF's - one all world index and one domestic bonds. You just have the bonds equal to how risk averse you are or maybe better put how much you can handle your stocks going down.

Personally I don't do that but I like Aussie Shares giving me some tax benefits.

I'm 100% shares in Super with I think (I can't be bothered to check) something like 75/25 international to Aussie.

Outside of Super I'm about 37% International Shares, 28% Australian Shares and the rest in cash and bonds but to be fair I have a bigger cash percentage. I'm retired to I have a bigger cash percentage but depending on how long until you retire I'd have less in cash and bonds.

I use VGS for international shares, VAS for Australian Shares and VAF for Australian Bonds. They are all Vanguard and you can look them up. I also have some CBA shares because I used to work there but I'd never buy individual shares.

If you want government bonds you can go with VGB. Personally I think government bonds may be a little safer but who cares. I think you need bonds or cash but not to make money. These are just the part of your portfolio to stop you stressing too much.
A lot of useful information there. Thankyou.

I’m cash heavy atm. Decided to bank some profit, including BHP.
Yeah, I mostly cashed out December 1.

I'm expecting major falls back to the recent lows or lower over the ensuing few months, even though there might be a year end rally so funds can square off their books.

There will need to be a catalyst for the falls however. Probably inflation heating up again creating fears of even higher rates which can really only come from rising oil prices again.

So in a heavily manipulated energy market the Russian and OPEC reaction to the embargo and oil price cap is critical.

Energy is 40% of European inflation and 17% U.S...

Yeah, I mostly cashed out December 1.

I'm expecting major falls back to the recent lows or lower over the ensuing few months, even though there might be a year end rally so funds can square off their books.

There will need to be a catalyst for the falls however. Probably inflation heating up again creating fears of even higher rates which can really only come from rising oil prices again.

So in a heavily manipulated energy market the Russian and OPEC reaction to the embargo and oil price cap is critical.

Energy is 40% of European inflation and 17% U.S...
Increased taxes on business and wages growth? How’s the government going with the franking credit bill?
It may not be one straw on the camels back? Could be a number of issues causing negative impact?
In a global comparison Aussie inflation is very low.

Increased taxes on business and wages growth? How’s the government going with the franking credit bill?
Haven't heard anything more since Shorten first mentioned it....scary....was talking about back dating it to 2017...unheard of.
Read in AFR that was it meant to be mainly for franking credits paid after capital raise....But much uncertainty.

Can only imagine retirees paying back some of their cashed out super.

Ridiculous.
It may not be one straw on the camels back? Could be a number of issues causing negative impact?
In a global comparison Aussie inflation is very low.
Agree,
Was mostly thinking of a catalyst for global falls as has already occurred in part during the last week.

Australian inflation has different inputs and obviously we are less susceptible to energy costs rising.

But as U.S. bonds rise other western markets tank as their money is repatriated back to the U.S.

I have a few ETFs (HACK, ACDC, RBTZ) but generally prefer to own individual stocks - otherwise you will never do better than average. Plus I hate paying the fees associated with ETFs.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back