Shawn Blore #235

facepalmer

Wests Tigers Sign Shawn Blore
2021-TRADERS-RISING-STAR-RS46-BLORE.jpg
Wests Tigers are pleased to announce the signing of Shawn Blore, effective immediately, after the forward was granted a release by the Penrith Panthers.

The two-year deal will see the talented youngster join Wests Tigers ahead of the revised 2020 NRL season through until the end of 2021.

A junior representative standout, Blore joins the club with strong credentials after captaining the Panthers' SG Ball side to a National Championship title in 2018 before achieving success with the NSW U/18’s and Junior Kangaroos later that year.

The 19-year-old Brothers Penrith junior said he was delighted to join Wests Tigers.

"I'm very excited to join Wests Tigers and get straight in to training with my new teammates," Blore said.

"I'm really impressed by Michael Maguire and the club overall, and I'm looking forward to pulling on the Wests Tigers colours in the coming years."

Wests Tigers Head Coach Michael Maguire said he was looking forward to Blore joining the club and seeing his career develop further in the coming years.

“I’m very pleased to secure a player with Shawn’s ability and talent at this point of the year and look forward to watching him develop further,” Maguire said.

"I've spent a lot of time with Shawn lately and can see strong leadership qualities in him which I look forward to seeing develop on and off the field in the years to come."

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe welcomed Blore to the club.

“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to welcome Shawn to the club and say how pleased we are to have him join us moving forward,” Pascoe said.

“Shawn is one of the real up-and-coming talents in the NRL and his commitment to joining us for the immediate future is a further testament to the strong club we’re building here.”

Blore will join his Wests Tigers teammates for training effective immediately.

Player Profile: Sean Blore
Date of Birth — 1st August, 2000

Junior Club — Penrith Brothers

Attachments

• 109a0707.jpg
    109a0707.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 113
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/01/01/19-stars-for-2019--shawn-blore/

Tue 1 Jan 2019, 06:01 AM

As far as rising stars go, Shawn Blore nears the top of the list.

The Penrith Brothers junior has an impressive junior representative resume, with his most recent achievement being selection in the Junior Kangaroos team two years young. As a developing forward that is quite an achievement.

NSW Under-18s coach Mark O’Meley described Blore as a natural leader earlier this year, and said that he has NRL written all over him. He pulled off a tackle in the Under-18s Origin game on his own line that stopped a certain try, it was the definition of an ‘Origin play’.

For the Panthers, there is not much more that Blore could have achieved in 2018.

He captained the SG Ball team to a premiership and then backed it up a week later to lead the side to the National Championship in Queensland. He then graduated to the Jersey Flegg team where he played nine games, and even made three appearances in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW.

Despite being one of the better players for his age in the country, Blore said that he is an open book when it comes to learning, progression and development when speaking to NSWRL.com.au earlier in the year.

“I probably just try to better myself as a person, off the field more than on it,” Blore said.

“In team meetings, at training, in groups, I always try to keep the talk up, just trying to improve my leadership qualities.

“That’s always something that the coach is looking for.”

Blore is progressing into an NRL player and given his small taste of senior football last year, he may turn out in the Intrust Super Premiership for most of next year. The last two NSW Under-18s captains (Cameron Murray and Payne Haas) went on to debut for their team the next year, so an NRL appearance may not be too far away for Shawn Blore.

From what I’ve heard he seems to be a very highly rated prospect. I can’t tell if he’s signed to our top 30 or not but I’m assuming he is. Only downside is he’s coming off an ACL injury but he’s meant to be a very good young second rower.

Adam Hartigan being at the club has been really good, can’t remember a time we’ve signed this many young junior rep players. Reminds me a lot of what roosters do and it works pretty good for them.

Was ruled out last year in May due to an ACL but was one of the Panthers developmental players.

To be honest this looks like a coup. He's a star junior. More poaching of good young talent from the Tigers. Seems to be Maguire's modus operandi. Build for the future. Here's hoping some of this crop come through.

This kid looks the goods. Mobile, agile and Robust player. Just re-watched the Australian school-boys game and this kid runs it up hard and has very good leg drive. I thought it was David Fifita. Fingers crossed he comes good.

Blorey, Blorey to Wests Tigers.....
Wests Tigers marches on!

Welcome aboard young fella, hope you are a Tigers legend in years to come😀

His brother Dean is a couple years older and is a handy half apparently and also with Penrith. Both of them have significant junior rep pedigree.

"In 2018 Brad Fittler picked a 23 man squad of Emerging NSW Origin players. 22of the squad were NRL regulars including Payne Haas and Luke Brooks. The one player with no NRL experience was Shawn Blore"

https://twitter.com/CastTiger/status/1258620855350751232

What a signing! Love some of our youngsters coming through 🔥

From the sounds of it we’ve picked up the two best young forwards in NSW and possibly the country. Stefano and Blore are gonna be our future hopefully. We’ve got a really good amount of young guys ready for the future

@TheDaBoss said in [Wests Tigers Sign Shawn Blore](/post/1147983) said:
Has anyone got a highlights package?

Edit i found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kxSANJ7RxM

he is playing 11

@TheDaBoss said in [Wests Tigers Sign Shawn Blore](/post/1147984) said:
@TheDaBoss said in [Wests Tigers Sign Shawn Blore](/post/1147983) said:
Has anyone got a highlights package?

Edit i found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kxSANJ7RxM

he is playing 11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVsmUoiHL4E&t=2812s
you can get a better shot of him playing in the middle here, comes on at 36:42, runs hard and direct.

Interested to know why Panthers released him, which means he was contracted, we didn't outbid Panthers.

Good name. Sounds like the noise I made when I started changing nappies when the kids started on solids.

Hopefully he makes the same mess of the opposition!

Welcome to WT, Shawn! Best of luck young fella.

Back