OFFICIAL Sheens gone

Or - The blokes that knifed him never got the team going forward....

I wasn't supportive of Sheens appointment - I'm even less supportive of Benjis'

This has been Benji's team since last year - Despite who they're rolling out for the Press Conference.

What we're seeing on field, Is Benjis' work..
All those complaining about our red zone attack - Benji IS the Red Zone coach!!

Benji never actually learned to play the game - fingers crossed he can coach it..

Strap in, This is just the beginning of it all....
Benjis been picking the team for months

His original appointment as Head of Football was a good call. Thats a role he would have done well in.
His removal from that role and subsequent appointment as Head Coach was knee jerk in its desperation.
His removal as Head Coach to elevate Benji prematurely will be a f@%king disaster, bigger than any stuff up this club has ever made. Benji will turn this side into an OzTag team. We'll score some good tries but get done by 50 a lot next year.

Popcorn time!

Strap in, This is just the beginning of it all....

Strap in ? lol..

Because it’s all been so drama free so far …

At least it can’t get any worse then back to back wooden spoons and seven wins in 50 games… I think this is rock bottom because it is close to impossible to win even less games ..

Boy of Boy this club just keep on giving sh*t to the media and its supporters....I can't see this club ever reaching the good times of 2005-2010

Strap in ? lol..

At least it can’t get any worse then back to back wooden spoons and seven wins in 50 games… I think this is rock bottom because it is close to impossible to win even less games ..

Exactly. This has to be rock bottom. Onwards and upwards from here.

Strap in ? lol..

Dont you believe it.
Rock bottom will be a mass defection of players on top of another spoon.
Theres still some wiggle room for enhanced shitness.

Great, more ammo for the media to sling shit at us for the next 7 months!

Results aside, Sheens was there to mentor Benji and ease him into the role, now we're just throwing him to the wolves. I have generally stayed away from bashing the club's leadership, but this is now too much.

Get these clowns out of the club ASAP.

Sheens has had a stronger squad on paper then last year but the team has gone backwards results wise…

His preseason training program, roster management and weekly selections have all played a big part in this.

Its a results orientated business… he promised a lot before the season kicked off and hasn’t delivered…

Next!
True, at some point though when do we stop executing coaches careers and drop the muppets making the decisions. By omission, if Sheens is knifed 10 months into a 5 year plan then firstly whoever signed off on him to coach the first 2 years made a mistake and secondly the five year plan has already failed. If we just keep getting rid of coaches who will come to the joint once Benjis shown the door. The whole board and ceo need to go. We can sack Sheens but nothing's going to change while they're still there.

Dont you believe it.
Rock bottom will be a mass defection of players on top of another spoon.
Theres still some wiggle room for enhanced shitness.

What ..they gunna win two games next year?

They may not improve …but you cant get lower then the spoon.,

Still plenty of players getting paid more here then another team would offer them

Step 1 - Remove Sheen's as coach so Benji takes over
Step 2 - Sign experienced assistant to support Benji
Step 3 - Fire Benji after the team doesn't improve within a year
Step 4 - Promote experienced assistant to Head Coach and proclaim another 5 year plan
Step 5 - Repeat

Fascinating. I suppose some on here will be happy.

You can't fault Pascoe, Lee and the board for not acting. You might call them reactive but geez we are hopeless.

Benji > Ciraldo.
This club just can't stay on course...They bring in Sheens to be Head of Football - great move, only to move him to be Head Coach, less than 6 months later, only because no one wanted to be our Coach; then they white ant Sheens by brining in Fulton without his knowledge; the team under performs this year as a result of the internal unsettlement...of course Sheens has had enough and wants out...

Seriously, this club is a mess and needs a complete overhaul from the Board down to the Coaches. I'm so glad I'm not a member anymore, this club doesn't deserve my hard earnt.

True, at some point though when do we stop executing coaches careers and drop the muppets making the decisions. By omission, if Sheens is knifed 10 months into a 5 year plan then firstly whoever signed off on him to coach the first 2 years made a mistake and secondly the five year plan has already failed. If we just keep getting rid of coaches who will come to the joint once Benjis shown the door. The whole board and ceo need to go. We can sack Sheens but nothing's going to change while they're still there.

So when will the removal of the board happen? Seemingly on the 12th of never… people don’t often vote to sack themselves

I actually see this as a positive. Have one voice, Benji will interact better with the younger team members. We weren't setting the world on fire to begin with, and if reports are accurate about Benji controlling the most recent game, well they played a lot better. Just need another senior assistant like Furner to help Benji now but Benji is no coward he will take it on full bore and give everything.

Benji needs a head coach quality person as an assistant...

I feel it could to either way with Benji.
Could be great or could be embarrassingly bad.

Interesting times ahead, I guess.

How can Pascoe and Lee continue to be decision makers at this club and be in positions responsible for acting in its best interest when they are incapable of backing the decisions they make.
They are beyond an a embarrassment to the club and can now be fairly accused of acting on self interest alone.

What ..they gunna win two games next year?

They may not improve …but you cant get lower then the spoon.,

Still plenty of players getting paid more here then another team would offer them
Just you wait...when the young guns we are putting all our faith in say "nah this joint sucks" and leave to begin stellar careers at Roosters, Storm etc...thats when true rock bottom will be realised. By then we'll be stuck with these aged mentors who are becoming injury prone and experiencing irreversable drops in form. Its already happening with Bateman. Klemmer will join him by the end of next year.

Latest posts

Members online

Back