Sheens selections

Last night should be his last game for the Tigers… move him on early to Manly if they will have him…

Lets see what Feledy has got in the meaningless games left this season
Talau is an attrocious footballer...classic case of his physical size getting him through the grades, but having absolutely no IQ. He does not even know a basic thing like draw and pass.

Having said that...souths next week. You can't debut Feledy in that game. Walker destroys every edge and it would be unfair to blood Feledy.

That grubber he booted the shit out of when were attacking 5m out summed his skill level up for me. I'd rather Bateman kick on the last than that joke of a player
Exactly Tc, but I thought these guys were full time professionals and practice things like that over and over and over.
Whoops, no practice , just give it a shot during the game . Oh well, let’s forget the grubber !

And another thing , did everyone notice when Hunt landed the ball 10 metres infield from a penalty but no one was in position and it bounced twice into touch. Pleeeese, Tim/ Benji explain that to all of us. We were desperate for the pill and they offered it to us but no Bula, Tupou or Talau on the touchline or nearby to gather it in.
They are such basic skills, line up along the touchline just in case. It’s like the guy inside the 10 from the line drop out. ABC but not for our thick heads .

Sheens has always been known for his crazy team selections and stubbornness. The simple fact is he failed to develop a squad with depth and competition for places, it seems our entire recruitment team focused exclusively on forwards, not a single consideration to backs and halves. That we would re-sign Naden, Kepaoa and Toa so early into the season when they hadn't earned that right shows they have no idea how to run a professional and successful football club.

It's hard because on one hand Sheens refusal to drop players, and insistence on selecting proven failures has been a disaster for us this season. However when he also failed to recruit ANYONE for our nsw cup and flegg sides he has no one pushing for first grade, no one to give a chance to.

It's literally like Sheens gave up on the season before it even started, saying we'll be crap but have good teenagers eventually coming through. And that lack of professionalism will earn us another spoon.

In my view Sheens should go, and ideally we get a Morris or Holbrook to be head coach next season, get another experienced assistant coach and let Benji learn.

Last edited:
Sheens has always been known for his crazy team selections and stubbornness. The simple fact is he failed to develop a squad with depth and competition for places, it seems our entire recruitment team focused exclusively on forwards, not a single consideration to backs and halves. That we would re-sign Naden, Kepaoa and Toa so early into the season when they hadn't earned that right shows they have no idea how to run a professional and successful football club. It's hard because on one hand Sheens refusal to drop players, and insistence on selecting proven failures has been a disaster for us this season. However when he also failed to recruit ANYONE for our nsw cup and flegg sides he has no one pushing for first grade, no one to give a chance to.

It's literally like Sheens gave up on the season before it even started, saying we'll be crap but have good teenagers eventually coming through. And that lack of professionalism will earn us another spoon.
In my view Sheens should go, and ideally we get a Morris or Holbrook to be head coach next season, get another experienced assistant coach and let Benji learn.

i agree with all this…

The composition of our backline ( even when everyone is fully fit) this season is atrocious… who is to blame?

They got incredibly lucky that Bula is a freak who came out of nowhere … take him away and imagine the state of the backs …

Sheens has always been known for his crazy team selections and stubbornness. The simple fact is he failed to develop a squad with depth and competition for places, it seems our entire recruitment team focused exclusively on forwards, not a single consideration to backs and halves. That we would re-sign Naden, Kepaoa and Toa so early into the season when they hadn't earned that right shows they have no idea how to run a professional and successful football club. It's hard because on one hand Sheens refusal to drop players, and insistence on selecting proven failures has been a disaster for us this season. However when he also failed to recruit ANYONE for our nsw cup and flegg sides he has no one pushing for first grade, no one to give a chance to.

If find that hard to believe but it makes you wonder ?

If it's any consolation, look at our team selection 20 years ago in 2003 (two years before the premiership):

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2003/round-19/canberra-vs-wests-tigers/summary.html

And then in 2004:

I remember that 04 game. Ref missed a blatant knock on from the Dogs in the in goal from a kick off in the last 10 mins.

Brandon Wakeham is the reason we didn't win tonight. Laurie has always shown ticker when he's played. You don't win players player if you don't have a go. How do Sheens Benji and Robbie sit about and say Wakeham is a better option than Laurie.
100% reserve grader ,Wakeham is just a fill in with no chance of another contract. with the injuries we got AD and the other bloke that's finally leaving to Manly its slim pickings, BUT I would have liked to see what Laurie could have produced with the same game time Wakeham has been give.
Besides last night he's a good goal kicker that's about it.

I liked Laurie in the 6 last night however with him scooting off to another club along with Talau next year I’d say it’s time we make changes.
We literally cannot make the 8. No matter how many games we put together now we will fall 1 short. That’s us done.
So if the plan really is about building for season 25 when Benji takes over, start making trades NOW get out our outgoing dead wood, Talau out, Fainu in, pair him up next to Brooks for the rest of the year and move Laurie on too while there at it.
I am absolutely fed up with the players we lose putting in their best performances once they made their mind up to get outa the club.
Fed up!

Jason Taylor thought it would...
I remember when Taylor was discussing this tactic at the time and he said something along the lines of - it might not look pretty but it makes the opposition start close to their line.
In theory, it works but you need a great kick chase team who are willing to chase and work hard in the 1st 3 tackles of the set to work.

I remember that 04 game. Ref missed a blatant knock on from the Dogs in the in goal from a kick off in the last 10 mins.
Mat Utai knocked it on a metre in front of him picked it up off the bounce and ran with it. Ref called 1st tackle. Disgraceful.

Would love a 12 hour compilation video of the refs blatant shit calls against the Tigers since 2000.

I liked Laurie in the 6 last night however with him scooting off to another club along with Talau next year I’d say it’s time we make changes.
We literally cannot make the 8. No matter how many games we put together now we will fall 1 short. That’s us done.
So if the plan really is about building for season 25 when Benji takes over, start making trades NOW get out our outgoing dead wood, Talau out, Fainu in, pair him up next to Brooks for the rest of the year and move Laurie on too while there at it.
I am absolutely fed up with the players we lose putting in their best performances once they made their mind up to get outa the club.
Fed up!

Fed up!

I am absolutely fed up with the players we lose putting in their best performances once they made their mind up to get
I think if we’re fair dinkum then all who are leaving should be left out.
That includes Brooks, Talau, Laurie and Wakeham for a start, plus anyone else the coaches have earmarked for departure.
We just have to use the remaining rounds as trials for some of our fringe players.
And Fainu Bros not joining until November 1st.

I think if we’re fair dinkum then all who are leaving should be left out.
That includes Brooks, Talau, Laurie and Wakeham for a start, plus anyone else the coaches have earmarked for departure.
We just have to use the remaining rounds as trials for some of our fringe players.
And Fainu Bros not joining until November 1st.
where is Laurie headed?

Talau has never been a good player.
I remember when he was coming through the junior ranks he had some big wraps on him. Came into first grade and scored a few tries but his handling was always letting him down.
He was not a natural centre ( played 5/8 originally) and has always had problems setting up his wingers. It just doesn’t come naturally to him.
Even last night, where it was obvious he had admonished for not passing the ball, he fired out some passes to Tupou but it never looked natural. I think it was coz he was encouraged to go himself when he was younger.
He actually butchered a try last night by throwing a dummy to his winger, who I think would have scored, and took the tackle.
Compare that to say Laurie who looks much more relaxed with ball in hand and throws a lovely pass. Anyway, won’t matter either way coz both are leaving.

Back to Penrith, has signed a one year deal. Assume he must have been told by TS and co no longer required.
For me this is a shame. I went to the game on Thursday and he was good. He looked dangerous in attack and we haven't had much of that from our halves this year. I would have liked to persist with him at 5/8.

For me this is a shame. I went to the game on Thursday and he was good. He looked dangerous in attack and we haven't had much of that from our halves this year. I would have liked to persist with him at 5/8.
Agree, I was talking about that much earlier in the year and predicted ( incorrectly) that he would be a player to watch. 5/8 all through junior footy so knows the position.
Bad man management by the coaches , like a lot of our players.
Too late now, back home to the Panthers where I think he will be more comfortable ( similar to Peachey).

People seem to be forgetting the Sheenius first stint at this club. Fitzy off the bench for 2mins or no minutes. Playing Rowdy or Fulton @ 6. Farah @ 7. Signing Johnny Cronk to replace Prince. Diabolical selections and team manager.

The fraud got lucky at Canberra filled with hall of fame'rs and then the once in 3 generation Tiger cubs coming through in 2003.

I was expecting Ice @ 3 and API in the back row this year from the senile old fool. Persisting with TT and AJ should come as no surprise.

People seem to be forgetting the Sheenius first stint at this club. Fitzy off the bench for 2mins or no minutes. Playing Rowdy or Fulton @ 6. Farah @ 7. Signing Johnny Cronk to replace Prince. Diabolical selections and team manager.

The fraud got lucky at Canberra filled with hall of fame'rs and then the once in 3 generation Tiger cubs coming through in 2003.

I was expecting Ice @ 3 and API in the back row this year from the senile old fool. Persisting with TT and AJ should come as no surprise.

Careful because you will have the entre formation of Sheens buttock kissers demanding your blood,you are not allowed to tell the truth about Tim on here without mentioning his magnificence

Back