Should Collis play

crouching_tiger

I just want to see what others think about this.
Do you guys think Collis should play for the remainder of this season now that he has signed to the Sharks? I understand Sheens will no doubt list HIS strongest 17 to take the field this weekend, but is there enough depth in Ayshford, Hanbury and Lawrence to keep him out of the squad to prepare for the next season?
I am a big supporter of Dean's but if the WT are fair dinkum about turning things around with this cleanout of players, then surely Collis should not be included and preparations for the future is a priority.
Thoughts?

Pick the best 17 and if that includes Collis so be it.

Collis has experience and he is being paid to do a job for the Tigers.

In 2005 we didnt drop O'Neill, Richards, Skandallis and Elford even though we knew they were playing elsewhere the following year.

No difference now.

I don;t think the best 17 includes Collis at the moment. Especially with him just coming back from injury. So definitely no.
When he's fully fit, if Ayshford has lost form AND we were a good chance of making the finals then yes.
In any other circumstances no.

Collis is gone and no longer part of our future…if Lawrence and Ayshford are fit they should be selected in front of Collis...Collis has been out for too long anyway!

@softlaw said:
I don;t think the best 17 includes Collis at the moment. Especially with him just coming back from injury. So definitely no.
When he's fully fit, if Ayshford has lost form AND we were a good chance of making the finals then yes.
In any other circumstances no.

Dead right!!! Let him earn the right to be picked.Fighting for positions is a healthy thing

Well that's the way i see it also. Collis has been in and out of the team for quite some time to really confirm that he is "in good form". Only thing to his advantage is his experience at this point.

Play him . Move Lawrence to wing over Ryan. Cant debut another center while Ashyford is still raw

If he is our strongest option then yeah id have him there.But like others have said i think Ayshford has done enough to get the nod.

No, not because he's leaving, but because I don't think he's a better option in the centres than Ayshford or Lawrence.

I said this in another thread but I will say it again. Collis takes too long to find form after injury. You would play him if you could afford the investment of time but given that only a third of the season remains and the fact he is leaving I say….No. Don't pick him unless we have injuries or he fires in Premier League.

He won't be match fit, let him get a bit of that in lower grades, then if he can perform well there, bring him into the side on the bench.
let him earn his spot. :eek:pen_mouth:

No he shouldn't but probably will…

Nothing wrong with him coming back through Reggies...if he is fit and in form could come in very handy as we charge into the finals....

If he was fit I'd say yes - we kept playing T'eo who left under more dubious circumstances. I certainly wouldn't rush him back in if he wasn't 100%. But really you pick the best team at this stage.

Back