Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Agree. We should improve next year, especially in our go forward and defence with the improvement to the pack, but we won't go near the 8 whilst we have the halves we currently do

Our spine is a massive issue. Brooks, AD and Laurie would be pretty close to the worse 1, 6 & 7 in the comp. I think with Api at 9 we must still be close to the worse spine in the comp.

Am I being too harsh ?

Our spine is a massive issue. Brooks, AD and Laurie would be pretty close to the worse 1, 6 & 7 in the comp. I think with Api at 9 we must still be close to the worse spine in the comp.

Am I being too harsh ?
Not at all

He's a solid player mate, Unless we improve the 1-17 as a whole, I can't find a spot for him....
He would find a spot in a top 4-6 side, They can carry a plodder....

Tackle efficiency is the only thing people bang on about...
He doesn't cover much of the park for mine... If someone runs within a couple metres of him, He gets a hold of them....
There's so much put on us through the middle, He doesn't get anywhere near....
And if he's the terminator in defence like everyone bangs on about - He's getting there...
Even Jake T (Who's much maligned) covers heaps more ground than Twal.

I can wear him as a bench prop, If we get another weapon or 2 in the middle....
But not outside that....

He's a David Gower, First man up to the bench when you drop a prop.
Gower is a great comparison

Reactions: 851
People are against the signing of Woods, but what if we were to be swapping Seyfarth for Woods. Would that be acceptable? One team gets a hungry youngster with a good ethic and we get an experienced pro on minimum wage.

Given Seyfarth doesn't add anything to our prop rotation, and he's no back rower either swapping out our worst props would be a move I'd be comfortable taking. And I no think Seyfarth would get some interest as a cheap squaddie with a good attitude, clubs need those types but we have others filming those spots currently.
Suggestion or does this post carry some weight?

Daine Laurie posted a story from the rehab room on his instagram, in the background audio you can hear the physio say

"Brooksy has torn his knee, it's a decent injury".

Less than a few days after we let Hastings go, our halfback is down with an injury that puts him in doubt for the start of the season - with no back up half in sight.

Here's his insta for anyone who wants to have a look.

Daine Laurie posted a story from the rehab room on his instagram, in the background audio you can hear the physio say

"Brooksy has torn his knee, it's a decent injury".

Less than a few days after we let Hastings go, our halfback is down with an injury that puts him in doubt for the start of the season - with no back up half in sight.

Here's his insta for anyone who wants to have a look.
He says 'hammy'.

Could be referring to the prior tear, but he does use present tense, 'it's a good one', suggesting its now.

However, there's still 4 months until the start of the season, so that's plenty of time to rehab a hamstring.

**bloody good sleuthing though. Kudos.

He says 'hammy'.

Could be referring to the prior tear, but he does use present tense, 'it's a good one', suggesting its now.

However, there's still 4 months until the start of the season, so that's plenty of time to rehab a hamstring.

Nah, 99% sure he says “his knee”.

Then says “It’s a decent one, yeah” when asked if it’s a really bad injury.

They’re talking about scarring though, so hopefully just talking about an old injury.

He says 'hammy'.

Definitely said knee.. Hammy not worth a post in here.

Also got called a decent injury. Cause for concern for the start of the season IMO.

Latest posts

Back