Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

People are against the signing of Woods, but what if we were to be swapping Seyfarth for Woods. Would that be acceptable? One team gets a hungry youngster with a good ethic and we get an experienced pro on minimum wage.

Given Seyfarth doesn't add anything to our prop rotation, and he's no back rower either swapping out our worst props would be a move I'd be comfortable taking. And I no think Seyfarth would get some interest as a cheap squaddie with a good attitude, clubs need those types but we have others filming those spots currently.
Suggestion or does this post carry some weight?

Daine Laurie posted a story from the rehab room on his instagram, in the background audio you can hear the physio say

"Brooksy has torn his knee, it's a decent injury".

Less than a few days after we let Hastings go, our halfback is down with an injury that puts him in doubt for the start of the season - with no back up half in sight.

Here's his insta for anyone who wants to have a look.

Daine Laurie posted a story from the rehab room on his instagram, in the background audio you can hear the physio say

"Brooksy has torn his knee, it's a decent injury".

Less than a few days after we let Hastings go, our halfback is down with an injury that puts him in doubt for the start of the season - with no back up half in sight.

Here's his insta for anyone who wants to have a look.
He says 'hammy'.

Could be referring to the prior tear, but he does use present tense, 'it's a good one', suggesting its now.

However, there's still 4 months until the start of the season, so that's plenty of time to rehab a hamstring.

**bloody good sleuthing though. Kudos.

He says 'hammy'.

Could be referring to the prior tear, but he does use present tense, 'it's a good one', suggesting its now.

However, there's still 4 months until the start of the season, so that's plenty of time to rehab a hamstring.

Nah, 99% sure he says “his knee”.

Then says “It’s a decent one, yeah” when asked if it’s a really bad injury.

They’re talking about scarring though, so hopefully just talking about an old injury.

He says 'hammy'.

Definitely said knee.. Hammy not worth a post in here.

Also got called a decent injury. Cause for concern for the start of the season IMO.

Nah, 99% sure he says “his knee”.

Then says “It’s a decent one, yeah” when asked if it’s a really bad injury.

They’re talking about scarring though, so hopefully just talking about an old injury.
I've listened to it about 20 times and I've still got 'hammy'. Hopefully I'm correct.

Also, it would be rare for a physio to refer to a knee injury as 'tearing their knee'. They'd usually refer to the ligament abbreviation, whether it's mcl, lcl, acl or pcl.

Scarring (which is mentioned at one point) is also something that would be commonly discussed or seen in a hamstring. Not necessarily the case with a ligament.

Last year:-

9. Wayde Egan
6. Harris-Teveta
7. Asi
1 Walsh

Walsh is a gun but he is at the Broncos.

Our spine is better.
Hasn't Asi gone to Parra? And Harris-Tevita has taken a sabbatical from league. Warriors have Shaun Johnson too

I've listened to it about 20 times and I've still got 'hammy'. Hopefully I'm correct.

Also, it would be rare for a physio to refer to a knee injury as 'tearing their knee'. They'd usually refer to the ligament abbreviation, whether it's mcl, lcl, acl or pcl.

Scarring (which is mentioned at one point) is also something that would be commonly discussed or seen in a hamstring. Not necessarily the case with a ligament.
Yeah, pretty much everyone else seems to be hearing knee, so we'll have to see.

I was thinking if they were talking about an old knee injury, they could be talking about surgery scarring.

Will find out in due course, I guess.

Back