Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I can’t believe what I am reading on this forum , u want to trade joffa and keep a reserve grader , and what happens when we get 2-3 injuries is seyfarth going to win us games with his no metres and average defence . I give up we got rid of nearly all the dead wood forwards who got us a wooden spoon and people want to get rid of our best forward last year
100% this. The idea of punting a legitimately good forward for one who is two years older and basically unwanted goods... jeez. I'm glad some of these people aren't responsible for recruitment.

Mitchell Pearce's performances have never been better the Brooks. He has consistently played worse then Brooks while having much stronger players (forwards in particular) around him.

He is the most one dimensional halfback to have a long career the game has ever seen. Brad Fittler at over 40 completely embarrassed Pearce at training one day. While training as a defender, Fittler predicted every move Pearce was making and either intercepted the ball, knocked the ball down or easily covered Pearce and his outside runner. Apparently it was very embarrassing.

People think Pearce is better then Brooks because he barks orders, but his actual play is pathetic.
That’s hilarious.
Pearce has led his team to a grand final win and plenty of final series, played SOO and just about every other rep team except for Australia.
Brooksy …. nah. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
I would cut Joffa too if it meant you could bring a subsidised Nathan Brown in to the side and keep seyfarth for depth.
Is Joffa a 13 ? don't think he can ball play enough for Sheens
Is Joffa a Prop ? Don't think he is big enough for prop as far as metres go compared to say Stef and Klemmer

Potentially throw some remaining cash at upgrading a younger player,

We would still have
Pole
Twal
matamua
Simpkins

all still available
You clearly have zero clue!!

Joe has been our stand-out by miles as a leader - player and ambassador for the club!

Dumbest suggestion ever!

I reckon Laurie is in his sights for a shift to halves with Staines taking over at fullback. To me the ideal for 23 would be Laurie at half, Brooks 5/8, Mamalou and Nofo wing, Doueihi centre with Naden and Staines fullback. Then course if we could jag Moses for 23 who knows, as earlier discussed some potential of backline trades with Parra................

A wicked thought just flew across my mind- what if Parra want Papalii for Moses in 23?
A wicked thought - or a drug induced brain fart??

Last edited:
😂😂😂😂

A coach with around a 40% Win rate,
And a Player with not much better win rate
- Who played 90% of his career in a team noted to be defensively poor,
suggests to me neither would be a lock to teach anyone anything about defence.....

Reality just isn't your thing..... Is it?
You are a tiresome small minded stats driven ponitificator!

Yes - you can read numbers from a stats page!

But you clearly can't read a good footballer or a genuine football intellect if it fell into your batcave!

Stats do lie - and your selective choices just show a remarkable lack of maturity - actual analysis or contextual perspective!

Keep beating your empty drum......

I can you blind imbecile - his form last year shat on anything he ever produced for the Broncs!

He has matured as a footballer & is a leader and rock in defence!
Joffa was a gun all year. Except rock in D and the only reason he wasn’t, was coz he was everywhere in D, covering for others and therefore he had some important missed tackles. I reckon this season with the recruiting of other quality seasoned nrl forwards around Joffa he will miss less tackles and his A game will more than likely lift too. I look forward to a more effective all round forward in Joffa this year. I prefer a captain that is on the field for 80 mins otherwise he’s my pick.

That’s hilarious.
Pearce has lead his team to a grand final win and plenty of final series, played SOO and just about every other rep team except for Australia.
Brooksy …. nah. 🤣🤣🤣
Beyond hilarious.
It’s no comparison…and I don’t rate Pearce highly at all.

Because I watched the Raiders when Furner was their coach - he’d have been implementing defensive systems as a head coach would he? - they were ordinary, and his winning rate was about 40% - hardly screams a solid defensive unit??

Robbie played for us his Whole career (basically) and we were never known as a solid defensive unit - although his defence improved.
we were known as if you score 42, well score 43.
And we didn’t win more than 50% of the time…

I’m yet to hear a reason, or a reference to past any accomplishments that point to either being successful in such a role and where such an assumption would come from.

To your point - a happy clapper here implied they were some sort of defensive coaching gurus - and I simply asked how that assumption could be made?

Everyone hopes they do or can - but that’s very different to claiming (with nothing to base it off) that they will
Maguire was a mediocre player but a premiership winning coach. Bellamy was a good club centre and premiership winning coach. Sheens was an average player and premiership winning coach. All copped hidings in their career but turned out good coaches. Fitter was a great player and state of origin winning coach but dud nrl coach. Farah didn't coach sides but maybe he can see where to improve in defensive structures. Who knows? It's all conjecture but let's hope it all works out. There is no statistics that proves that playing in a team that gets thrashed won't make you a good coach, eg Bellamy. Maybe he learned from the early Canberra days.

Not sure but are transfer fees allowed in NRL? I can't remember ever hearing about it before. If allowed, is there any reason why that couldn't be done for MM (if we get him) in 23 instead of giving 2 outside backs?

Back