Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Gota agree with Masterton here. No doubting his effort, but he still ran sideways a lot. His defence probs looked better as the centre & wide running second rower inside him probs made there tackes, unlike Kelma for us this year.
Nofo missed several critical tackles,buthis biggest issue was he cldnt keep up when Olam made clean breaks...dunno whether he was asleep..or whether he lacked pace..or some combination of both
Bellyache likes his finishers fast ..so he was never gonna be offered a contract

If MM is signed for 4 years from 2024 that means he is with us until end of 2027 - that is 5 years away! How old will he be by then 33? 34?

if they can't get a good replacement for Papali they might be interested on a second rower and I would say they would be nervous with just Hodgo to fill the DH role

They didn't release Stef and he got 2 minutes in first grade. They didn't release IP who is a great player but he was a second rower and they had depth in that position. You think they are going to release their no 1 player with no back-up.

I can't see it happening but the elephant in the room is that he hasn't even signed with us for 24 and it probably won't happen.

Don.t particularly want Williams, sure he was ok playing for England, but you would expect that. There will be a whole new batch of halves coming through this year, we should be able to poach.
We have signed enough experienced players for the moment, he is to risky a buy to my way of thinking.

Michael Carayannis said pre Christmas parra were 3rd in the pecking order.

The other bloke on sen said Isaac on holidays as reason for hold up.

I am just refreshed at how awesome our recruitment has been.

We were 16th. We have recruited:
Api Koroisau (top hooker).
I Papalii (well rated forward).
Klemmer (former orgin rep, maybe not at his best still had a great season.
Charlie Staines (no stain on his rep)
and
Bateman, a well rated second rower/forward that helped drive Canberra to a final's appearance.

Just look at this list and where we came on the ladder. Paper means nothing but I think this has been the best round of recruitment EVER for the WT.
and if we did this well attracting good players after running stone motherless, how much more attractive a destination will we be if we make the eight or better

They didn't release Stef and he got 2 minutes in first grade. They didn't release IP who is a great player but he was a second rower and they had depth in that position. You think they are going to release their no 1 player with no back-up.

I can't see it happening but the elephant in the room is that he hasn't even signed with us for 24 and it probably won't happen.
he will sign for us in 2024 pretty confident it will happen
Parramatta need a replacement for Papali so we will see. They could run with Jake Arthur you never know

If he did sign for us in 24 id be reasonably confident he'd be here by mid season. We all know MM has the ability to kick stones and isnt afraid to play the mental health card. I personally would usually have a problem with a player doing this but Parra have done it to us twice so i will say go hard Mitchy boy.

If he did sign for us in 24 id be reasonably confident he'd be here by mid season. We all know MM has the ability to kick stones and isnt afraid to play the mental health card. I personally would usually have a problem with a player doing this but Parra have done it to us twice so i will say go hard Mitchy boy.
I don't think he's that guy any more. Seems to have matured.

We would also need to find room in the cap for him.

If we sign, i personally can't see 2023 happening.

If in 2024 Moses signs with tigers

If parramatta said for 2023 you can have Moses but we want

Simpkin - cover for hodgson

Joffa - replacement for Papali

I would do that swap

I wouldn’t trade Joffa & Parra wouldn’t ask for him anyway. Parra wouldn’t need if they have RCG/Jnr and Marty.

Joffa is a 60min NRL quality forward he can play multiple forward positions at a pinch. Pole and few others all view him as a leader & he showed he was a true leader in 22 unlike any other forward we had.

Considering the rabble forward pack we had where he had zero help he hit quality form. His best years are coming. Put quality around him and I expect 23/24 are going to be very good years for him.

They need backs and halves. It MM
Goes maybe AD, Nofo, Ken or someone else might be an option.

They didn’t release Fano or Papali’i because they were more valuable than their pay, both on less than $200k.
Moses otoh May be more valuable gone?

Latest posts

Members online

Back