Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

A coach with around a 40% Win rate,
And a Player with not much better win rate
- Who played 90% of his career in a team noted to be defensively poor,
suggests to me neither would be a lock to teach anyone anything about defence.....

Reality just isn't your thing..... Is it?
You are a tiresome small minded stats driven ponitificator!

Yes - you can read numbers from a stats page!

But you clearly can't read a good footballer or a genuine football intellect if it fell into your batcave!

Stats do lie - and your selective choices just show a remarkable lack of maturity - actual analysis or contextual perspective!

Keep beating your empty drum......

I can you blind imbecile - his form last year shat on anything he ever produced for the Broncs!

He has matured as a footballer & is a leader and rock in defence!
Joffa was a gun all year. Except rock in D and the only reason he wasnā€™t, was coz he was everywhere in D, covering for others and therefore he had some important missed tackles. I reckon this season with the recruiting of other quality seasoned nrl forwards around Joffa he will miss less tackles and his A game will more than likely lift too. I look forward to a more effective all round forward in Joffa this year. I prefer a captain that is on the field for 80 mins otherwise heā€™s my pick.

Thatā€™s hilarious.
Pearce has lead his team to a grand final win and plenty of final series, played SOO and just about every other rep team except for Australia.
Brooksy ā€¦. nah. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Beyond hilarious.
Itā€™s no comparisonā€¦and I donā€™t rate Pearce highly at all.

Mole has said it also šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I donā€™t follow the Mole..so I donā€™t know the context. Was he just answering someoneā€™s questions and having a guess? Or was it ā€œbreaking newsā€?

Because I watched the Raiders when Furner was their coach - heā€™d have been implementing defensive systems as a head coach would he? - they were ordinary, and his winning rate was about 40% - hardly screams a solid defensive unit??

Robbie played for us his Whole career (basically) and we were never known as a solid defensive unit - although his defence improved.
we were known as if you score 42, well score 43.
And we didnā€™t win more than 50% of the timeā€¦

Iā€™m yet to hear a reason, or a reference to past any accomplishments that point to either being successful in such a role and where such an assumption would come from.

To your point - a happy clapper here implied they were some sort of defensive coaching gurus - and I simply asked how that assumption could be made?

Everyone hopes they do or can - but thatā€™s very different to claiming (with nothing to base it off) that they will
Maguire was a mediocre player but a premiership winning coach. Bellamy was a good club centre and premiership winning coach. Sheens was an average player and premiership winning coach. All copped hidings in their career but turned out good coaches. Fitter was a great player and state of origin winning coach but dud nrl coach. Farah didn't coach sides but maybe he can see where to improve in defensive structures. Who knows? It's all conjecture but let's hope it all works out. There is no statistics that proves that playing in a team that gets thrashed won't make you a good coach, eg Bellamy. Maybe he learned from the early Canberra days.

Not sure but are transfer fees allowed in NRL? I can't remember ever hearing about it before. If allowed, is there any reason why that couldn't be done for MM (if we get him) in 23 instead of giving 2 outside backs?

Not sure but are transfer fees allowed in NRL? I can't remember ever hearing about it before. If allowed, is there any reason why that couldn't be done for MM (if we get him) in 23 instead of giving 2 outside backs?
Yes itā€™s been done before have received a few of them when we lost Josh alioa to manly

I donā€™t follow the Mole..so I donā€™t know the context. Was he just answering someoneā€™s questions and having a guess? Or was it ā€œbreaking newsā€?
Mole is Tony Adams a friend of Sheens, in the Tigers case he would have better mail than Hooper, Read, Rothfield Chamas, Caryanis and the like
I think we have our man finally for 2024

If in 2024 Moses signs with tigers

If parramatta said for 2023 you can have Moses but we want

Simpkin - cover for hodgson

Joffa - replacement for Papali

I would do that swap

If in 2024 Moses signs with tigers

If parramatta said for 2023 you can have Moses but we want

Simpkin - cover for hodgson

Joffa - replacement for Papali

I would do that swap

I'd tell them to kick rocks...
& we'll just wait until 2024