Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sheens hasn’t lost his ability to talk it up. Jason Taylor sounded like he had it all figured out before a ball was kicked for WT.

Time will tell if it translates on the field. I suppose this media talk is better than endless articles about Brooks saying “this is my team”.

Tristan Riley's birthday.
He's getting a lot of love.

Daine Laurie said they're cousins.
Wondered if that played into us signing him.
Wondered if that's also legitimately true.

Either way, He's top 30 and looking healthy.
I think we'll see him in grade this year and I hope he does well.

Sheens hasn’t lost his ability to talk it up. Jason Taylor sounded like he had it all figured out before a ball was kicked for WT.

Time will tell if it translates on the field. I suppose this media talk is better than endless articles about Brooks saying “this is my team”.
One thing that is funny is Tigers would have made the finals under Jason Taylor in 2016 but Mitch Moses only kicked 2 from 5 in a one point loss to the Gold Coast at Campbelltown late in the season. He kicks one of those and we play finals. No other coach has got us that close for all the hatred

One thing that is funny is Tigers would have made the finals under Jason Taylor in 2016 but Mitch Moses only kicked 2 from 5 in a one point loss to the Gold Coast at Campbelltown late in the season. He kicks one of those and we play finals. No other coach has got us that close for all the hatred
He also missed a couple of straight forward field goal attempts in a game earlier in the season.

Yep although my memory thinks if benji doesn’t kick it dead on the 3rd rather than passing through the hands v sharks one year I think we may have snuck in too one year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
IMO that 2016 side was one of the best we’ve had. Just lacked some forwards.

The difference between the coaches is clear. Look up your footy history.

Isn't the song called It's my life?
Yes it is .. so the tatt .. “it’s is my life” .. technically .. “it’s” means .. it is .. so that tatt technically says .. “it is is my life” .. heh .. yep go back and your money back and a new tatt .. !! lol

It's all so strange IMO
IF he was staying the Eels would have been all over the media to boost the club and memberships etc. He is back at training as well but all very quiet..

Even our normal contacts on here are very quite so clubs are keeping in house.
Means nothing really as he still has a contract in play for current season should of been sighted before just now IMO

Facebook rumour suggests we are considering Shaun Johnson. Anyone have some insight regarding this?
Haven't heard anything but his Mrs is a NZ netballer. They also have a young kid. I know that they both really struggled being seperated with Warriors not being allowed home. I don't imagine he would be looking to change teams now that they are back home.

🤮talk is cheap. Stick to training.
We've had positive player interviews for years now. They give lines like 'Fittest we have been', 'I have worked on my defence' ' I will take control of the team' ,'lead by example'. Bla bla bla. As you said talk is cheap. Stop talking about things and go out and do what your paid good money to do

I used to hate some of his tactics to be honest.

Almost making the 8 is not an achievement
The way he used Tedesco annoyed me. The backline moves were so obvious and structured. Tedesco would get the ball from behind a lead runner while he was running diagonally towards the sideline. The centre and winger had about 5 metres to move. Tedesco wouldn't pass it and even if he did he was near the sideline. They repeated this game after game.

"Talk it up"? Yes, but also, I think Sheensy is talking it down...simplifying the process?
If there is something we needed to improve on its our desperation, desire and ability to score more points than our opponents.
It's a simple logic but it has been effective throughout history.
Don Bradman was asked why he scored so many runs?
He said why else would I pad up and carry a bat to the crease? (or words to that affect).
Mike Tyson was asked what's your secret? how come you win so many fights?
He said because I get in the ring to kill my opponent.
Willie Sutton, the USA notorious bank robber was asked why he robbed banks? He said "hell that's where the money is".
Its this simple logic which changed the way Doctors proceed with a medical diagnoses, they call it Sutton's law. Putting a priority on the most obvious.
Sheens is making sure that everyone is aware 100% of the time about the most obvious priority.

Back