Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Personal opinion, as always when the club tries to land a “big name” player the WT get used just to bump up contracts. I know we have signed really well for 2023. I thought by now we would at least one more signing for 2024. Who are we going to use this marquee $$$ on?

Foxsports reporting that Bateman is stuck in UK with visa issues .. there’s a chance he might miss the start of the season .. 😧😧
Is it time for our chair to call in that chit with Peter to call Andrew Giles?
Sheens wants him to play in the 2nd trial game.

For some reason that makes me happy that parra did not get what they wanted. I hope they are stuck with Brown for 2023 coz obviously there’s friction between him and the coach and that will be destabilising.
Problem is though, I think Tapou will probably go alright at the donkeys, used off the bench and I hate the donkeys.
There is definitely a click at parra. Brad Arthur is known to be fickle and a self presevationist above all.

Reactions: 851
Good call champion @Kaito:

Concords first game has been announced! We are thrilled to host both Two Blues and the Waratahs in a trial match on February 18. Each team will play 2 x 40 minute halves at the refurbished oval.

View attachment 4119
Let me know if you guys are going to be there
Should be a good day but don't expect a win by the Pirates but we will give the Tah's a good hit out. Two Blues have a solid team as well

Our Coe and the first game player there is rugby. Pathetic
Think it's out of necessity. The CoE is being shared, union doesn't pull in the crowds league does, so will give the council and any other stake holders /operators of the CoE the opportunities to iron out and issues that might arise from hosting events at the ground. I imagine whatever issues arise would be easier to deal with after 3000 people than after 10000. It's a good test. I just wonder if we went into lockdown again if the Tigers would just all live out of the CoE. And play at concord till things opened up again ?

Back