Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Do Brooks next...
haha.

Brooks has no voice, has poor game management, has a poor short kicking game and has been very low on confidence... but...

He's a solid defender, with a a good running game, reasonably ok kicking game (attacking kicks to corners for wingers is ok, long kicks ok, grubber kicks for drop outs not so great), he always try's his best and has stuck solid with the club.

He's a running half back or running 5/8... but he needs a leader around him in the halves like a moses, or hooker being Api, who can be the voice, direct the game management and take over short kicking game and pump up his tyres to give him confidence.

If you want him for the other stuff you're wasting your time and only going to make his confidence worse.

And he's probably worth $650K - $750K for that role.

With Tupou, Ngutlik, Bula, Scolari and Hill there is genuine depth now of young quick backs. A coaching team who will make full use of them if they put in the effort.

Which one of them will prove to be a top tier player ? Will any of them ?

Sorry but I disagree. Moses Mbye is terrible. Doueihi can create points. Mbye parades on the field pretending to be a footballer.
He is an average kicker, and can throw a decent pass, he is awkward to tackle . Against that, he also throws some terrible passes, has an overated and telegraphed kicking game, takes the wrong option on the edge, can't tackle and is a ball hog.

the hate, or objective criticism as I have made several examples of his game that would be difficult to argue with, comes from the guy wanting $950K and most on here, including the media, think that we should "build a team around him"...

he's had what, 3 seasons here, playing in 3 or 4 different positions, hasnt been able to lock one down, hasn't shown us that he can turn a game on his own... etc etc...

at some point you have to let them go and try someone else. how long does the hope of "potential" last? 4 seasons, 5 seasons, 9 seasons (brooks?) ... because every pre-season will be different and we quickly forget about the seasons before us, which is why we end up in a loop of mediocrity.... players underperform, everyone thinks they're terrible, the season ends, we wait around like lemons for preseason, we are busting to watch footy again, preseason starts and we get hopeful again because we're fans and totally biased and forget about last season because this season "will be different".

I want to win. period.
Stopped reading after you mentioned him wanting 950k.

I'm a busy man, no time for the he wants too much so I now hate him crowd.

Cheers

Stopped reading after you mentioned him wanting 950k.

I'm a busy man, no time for the he wants too much so I now hate him crowd.

Cheers
he does want $950K though... but that's not why i don't rate him.... I wish he was worth $1.2M and playing for us!

my reference to the money was to state a position that he is over hyped - by the media, by the fans on here and by his own ego - because he is the one wanting that money.

Sorry but I disagree. Moses Mbye is terrible. Doueihi can create points. Mbye parades on the field pretending to be a footballer.
I never said Mybe was good. He wasn’t. But the original poster said Douhie was faster than Mybe which, in my opinion only, is not correct. I believe Mybe is a much faster runner than Douhie. Both are average players only at their best though (also only my opinion).

With Tupou, Ngutlik, Bula, Scolari and Hill there is genuine depth now of young quick backs. A coaching team who will make full use of them if they put in the effort.
Reality is we might only be ale to squeeze out 1 possibly 2 regular first graders out of that lot. The step up from being a talented junior to 1st grade is huge

Unless you’re in the Penrith system … by the time Cleary is ready to retire I’m sure they’ll have a ready made replacement who is just as good

I have a large supply of popcorn and beer,could be a really fun day/night
Poured a Jameson, I fear it won't be enough.
Can't say anything about Doueihi or Brooks anymore haha.

Both were amongst the worst halves we've ever had in our colours last year (yes I know how bad some have been) and the worst in the comp. They have a nice splintery spoon to prove it.

Choose your excuses etc.... but fact is they need to perform and we should ALL be hoping they kill it or get the chop, nothing else is acceptable.

Edited to remove the alcohol talking.

This has to be his year, there are no more excuses for him, he has the pack now, I agree he needs to perform or should go. But I have a funny feeling he will sign a new deal early on in the new year, without having to perform for it, if Benji wants him then I can see them offering him a new deal soon. I would prefer he earnt it though, or go.
That's my biggest fear re Benji calling the shots..a quick sugar hit of PR particularly if we lose Moses announcing that we managed Brooks career into a one club player with a x year extension blah blah...when in fact most want Brooks to actually earn it
Gotta be the luckiest to ever play the game

That's my biggest fear re Benji calling the shots..a quick sugar hit of PR particularly if we lose Moses announcing that we managed Brooks career into a one club player with a x year extension blah blah...when in fact most want Brooks to actually earn it
Gotta be the luckiest to ever play the game
I'm just hoping it doesn't become a boys club, they have to want to improve and rip in.

the hate, or objective criticism as I have made several examples of his game that would be difficult to argue with, comes from the guy wanting $950K and most on here, including the media, think that we should "build a team around him"...

he's had what, 3 seasons here, playing in 3 or 4 different positions, hasnt been able to lock one down, hasn't shown us that he can turn a game on his own... etc etc...

at some point you have to let them go and try someone else. how long does the hope of "potential" last? 4 seasons, 5 seasons, 9 seasons (brooks?) ... because every pre-season will be different and we quickly forget about the seasons before us, which is why we end up in a loop of mediocrity.... players underperform, everyone thinks they're terrible, the season ends, we wait around like lemons for preseason, we are busting to watch footy again, preseason starts and we get hopeful again because we're fans and totally biased and forget about last season because this season "will be different".

I want to win. period.
Stef and Blore haven't been on the field long enough bc of injuries however at least they have locked positions.

Stef in the limited game time has lived up to the hype (or thereabouts) for me, when he has played.

Blore - started well, got injured, came back and was a bit average, got injured, so yes this year he'll either prove he's on the up and up or level out.

Laurie - i'd agree with you but he's only played 1 or 2 seasons? can't recall and he has been our voted players player for those years right? again can't remember.
Yeh agree mostly. I havnt written any of them off - especially Laurie - and barring injury they all need to demonstrate that they can meet the demands of FG footy at a competive level.
But I firmly believe the lack of leadership on the field has stunted the development of most of our young blokes. I am putting a lot of faith in Api K and Klemmer to address some of that this season and drive some pride/ resilience in their performances.

Back