Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Because Sheens said in the off season that he's very happy with his spine for 2023. It's taken him 3 rounds to realise what most already knew.

He also said Laurie is the number 1 fullback with Staines backing him up. Now he's saying Doueihi is our best fullback.

Sheens should have stayed in retirement. Next he will asking for Mullins, Big Mal, Daley, Stuart and Clyde to come out of retirement so he can relive his glory Green Machine Days,

He also said Laurie is the number 1 fullback with Staines backing him up. Now he's saying Doueihi is our best fullback.

He also kept going on about speed in your position. Doueihi is slow in every backline position.

Maybe Doueihi will run it back hard this week and get some tackle busts. He can definitely make a bust in the attacking zone with his running. I reckon that is his best asset. He is also pretty good under the high ball.

The problem with this move to me is that it stuffs Doueihi up longer term. He hasn't been good enough in any position bar maybe centre. He needs to find his role in the team.

Well we're currently bleeding profusely so a band-aid would probably be helpful. Gives us two years to find something
We need to do something, after calming down I figure it will help us win more games, climb the ladder and be more attractive to any future signings. But as a player your in a bad spot when in your last contract year your club have to go and send am sos to a 34 year old to help you do your job.

Where are all the long term options then? There are none that are off contract and slim pickings for next year.

Signing a stop gap option is probably the only choice till we either develop one or have a chance to sign one.
They and Brooks failure have really put the club in a bad position. This is a worst case scenario.

Why didn't didn't WT go hard for Lachlan Miller and Braydon Trindall from the Sharks???

Happy not to sign Pearce and say goodbye to Brooks and AD after this season.

Surely there is some halves in other clubs not getting a go that will be better than Pearce and Brooks?

Trindall, Taaffe, Hawkins, Volkers would be worth considering as long term solutions,
They won’t get young halves who block the career path of our juniors surely?

There's an article by the alcho in the tele about Pierce telling Marshall no to coming before Christmas, article says why he said no but I'm not a subscriber. Question is they knew before Christmas they needed an organising half, how did they bottle things this bad. Give Moses the offer continue looking, I'd we find someone tell Moses we're about to sign them is he coming. If we get no answer pull the offer and grab them. What were they waiting for. Surely there is someone in lower grades or top 30 who can't get a run even in Q cup. We could have spent 2 years developing them at least there would be a light at the end of the tunnel

There's an article by the alcho in the tele about Pierce telling Marshall no to coming before Christmas, article says why he said no but I'm not a subscriber. Question is they knew before Christmas they needed an organising half, how did they bottle things this bad. Give Moses the offer continue looking, I'd we find someone tell Moses we're about to sign them is he coming. If we get no answer pull the offer and grab them. What were they waiting for. Surely there is someone in lower grades or top 30 who can't get a run even in Q cup. We could have spent 2 years developing them at least there would be a light at the end of the tunnel

Don’t want either of RTS or wighton , the ones u named before all have are better options

The tigers have only two options, either Dodd or Williams from England both could really help us , Dodd has years on his side Williams has experience in the NRL , if we were willing to spend $1.500,000 per season on Moses then I am sure we could get either for a lot less than that , just get it done , the club is drowning, we need help today not next year

So they knew before Christmas that Brooks is not the halfback they needed but did the right thing by backing him trying to build his confidence good on Sheenius for knowing he is not a halfback and good on him for trying to build him up not bringing him down and good on Sheenius for not panicking and giving him a contact ASAP like the previous management would have

So they knew before Christmas that Brooks is not the halfback they needed but did the right thing by backing him trying to build his confidence good on Sheenius for knowing he is not a halfback and good on him for trying to build him up not bringing him down and good on Sheenius for not panicking and giving him a contact ASAP like the previous management would have
If they had identified the problem then why waste time. Brooks is finished was 5 years ago. They dropped the ball and cost us another wasted season or 2

Catlains have an option next year so can choose to let him go.

They've commented saying they are open to releasing him

Wighton solves none of our halves woes but I reckon he would be a good option for us at fullback, would obviously depend on size and length of contract but he is better than most players is available over the next couple years.

The tigers have only two options, either Dodd or Williams from England both could really help us , Dodd has years on his side Williams has experience in the NRL , if we were willing to spend $1.500,000 per season on Moses then I am sure we could get either for a lot less than that , just get it done , the club is drowning, we need help today not next year
Can’t be any worse then what we have atm.

Reactions: 851
At the end of the year with the Newcastle negotiations the club and brooks management came to the agreement that if he didn't leave the club for Newcastle that Brooks would be guaranteed to be at the club in 2024 brooks isn't going anywhere soon
Why would Brooks want to stay at a club where he's despised by fans, ridiculed by the media and he plays like crap and his game keeps regressing.

A fresh start is his only chance of success and happiness

I wouldn't read too much into the "Mitchell Pearce said no" story.

What we do know as it has come from Sheens' mouth in today's presser is that there is no secret we are after an experienced half (confirming our interest in Munster, Moses & Pearce).

So I would say that Mitchell Pearce is definitely on the table for next season (2024). In Pearce's quotes today, he said he is not leaving, he is under contract (which is referring to this season) and Catalans has an option for next season but are willing to discuss that with Pearce. Mmmmmm!

I can smell a Mitchell Pearce here in 2024 to be that experienced half. AND THEN we bring in George Williams for 2025 & beyond when he is definitely off contract.

Here is an interview George did today in the UK with the pertinent quotes:

“I’m not too sure what will happen in the future, I’m really enjoying my time at Warrington, I’ll definitely be here this year and next year, I’m really enjoying it. The fan base have been unbelievable in the last six weeks, and who knows what will happen in the future.

“I definitely wouldn’t write it off. You’ve got to explore your options, but I’ve got 18 months left on my contract, we’ll see what the future holds.”

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/george-williams-keeping-options-open-over-nrl-return

So I'm speculating Mitchell Pearce is in discussions re. 2024 (with another option as an experienced half being Aidan Sezer) & then George Williams for 2025-27.

Another option may be Chad Townsend in 2024 if Cowboys are willing to release him a season early if they see their future spine being Chester - Dearden - Drinkwater and we can offer a player in return (Twal, Nofa perhaps).

Back