Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just a quick comment re Nofa .Without defending him I do think in recent times part of his demise is the lack of a straight running centre able to set up their winger as required. When he went to Storm and was paired with Olam he had what he so desperately needed, unfortunately I think Okam is also going downhill at a rapid rate.
I’d like Benji to devote some time to the way centres run and how to set up their winger.
More basics that unfortunately our guys just can’t master.

He's been absolutely terrible. We've leaked so
much on his edge. He's a vet next to his
centre partners, been atrocious we mustn't
Justify it. Bow-legged I love him I met him a few times it hurts, he's not fit to teach

Edit: I'm pulling 4 him 2 prove otherwise
I think he may still have it, u can't lose talent I just pray he leads and takes that senior role seriously.

Last edited:
Just a quick comment re Nofa .Without defending him I do think in recent times part of his demise is the lack of a straight running centre able to set up their winger as required. When he went to Storm and was paired with Olam he had what he so desperately needed, unfortunately I think Okam is also going downhill at a rapid rate.
I’d like Benji to devote some time to the way centres run and how to set up their winger.
It’s a fairy tale that he played good in the storm system. Was bog ordinary and mouthed off to boot. There’s a reason Bellamy doesn’t want him back

I don’t know how they do it but every off season I some how convince my self next year will be different haha could this be the year?

Api as captain an elite level fullback good young talented half’s 2 strong defensive backrowers some Mongrel up front a coach who has recently played a knows how to win?

Or will it be another disaster will we be saying why did this club run with the most inexperienced coaching staff in the hole comp.

I really hope this works

I don’t know how they do it but every off season I some how convince my self next year will be different haha could this be the year?

Api as captain an elite level fullback good young talented half’s 2 strong defensive backrowers some Mongrel up front a coach who has recently played a knows how to win?

Or will it be another disaster will we be saying why did this club run with the most inexperienced coaching staff in the hole comp.

I really hope this works
Cant be worse than starting 0-6, can it?

Reactions: 851
ET. He's not aggressive, he's a good yardage
and clubman though.. I hear what you're saying

We're lucky to have him at the club 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Agree, we don't have many who are good enough to have had a taste of Origin.
But if were going to offer him 700k plus next conyract, we need the whole package.

I was thinking to myself he would be the prototype prop for Melbourne to pick up and turn into a 300 gamer.

They wouldn't pay him what we are paying him. They spend big on their spine players.

I really hope this works
The problem is, the things you are pointing out are things we had this year and still finished last. At least this time last year, we had the allure of daring to dream with Api, Pap and Klemmer not having played a game yet.

The problem is, the things you are pointing out are things we had this year and still finished last. At least this time last year, we had the allure of daring to dream with Api, Pap and Klemmer not having played a game yet.

We have Fainu, Sullivan and Galvin coming through. The problem is Brooks right now is better than those guys. We are hoping those guys come good and become a lot better than Brooks but will it happen and if so will it happen next year ?

It's hard for next season to be worse than this one.

We have Fainu, Sullivan and Galvin coming through. The problem is Brooks right now is better than those guys. We are hoping those guys come good and become a lot better than Brooks but will it happen and if so will it happen next year ?

Plus I think it was pretty evident sheens was past it his game plans had zero structure. Once benji took abit more control things started to improve

2 years in a row our seasons have been over after 3 rounds I’m just hoping we can at least keep the dream alive for most the season

Unproven kids mate. Things can always get worse. Not many would have thought we could go backwards this year either. I have less than zero faith in the administration of this club to get us on the right track.

Unproven kids mate. Things can always get worse. Not many would have thought we could go backwards this year either. I have less than zero faith in the administration of this club to get us on the right track.

I agree they are unproven. It's hope. They are gun juniors though.

Reactions: 851
The last time Nofa looked good was when Benji was there setting him up for a heap of tries. He has never looked good in D unfortunately

No doubt at Klem's age he will trigger it.
He might but also might think he’s not up to it anymore by 25. Could also be with the young middles we have coming through he might not want to block their path after 25. I can see him playing on till 26 but if he’s ready to hang it up after 25 then I ain’t worried.

My fear with signing Luai is we have all these kids coming through and have paid a fair price for Latu. Are we then going to break the bank for this guy? The young kids will be out the door.

Secondly, what’s his role going to be coming here? He’s not a game manager and we all saw how Sheensy tried to play Benji at 7 for years to which he finally realised he’s a ball runner and ball player.

If we’re going to break the bank for halves we need a half back albeit I like Sezer.

I’d be trading Olam for Blore and Stefano for AFB.

As always, Arriba!!

He might but also might think he’s not up to it anymore by 25. Could also be with the young middles we have coming through he might not want to block their path after 25. I can see him playing on till 26 but if he’s ready to hang it up after 25 then I ain’t worried.
Isn't he on $800k a season? He'd still be playing at 58 on that sort of contract.

Back