Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So there were talks, but we want Storm to take up a large chunk of Olam's horrible contract. Rightfully so. Storm have thus far not obliged.
The only way we take Olam for anything close to his 600k price tag is if storm take Nof on his full contract too. Which they won't.
If storm aren't coming to negotiate then there's nothing to discuss for us. So sure, rather than sit around scratching ourselves we focus our energy elsewhere, on an origin and premiership winner. That sounds professional to me rather than waiting on a above average centre
Completely agree. Olam is now a $350-400K centre at best. He wasn’t a regular first grader at another NRL club as a centre. It would be bad business for us to pursue him unless Melbourne are picking up at least $200-250k freight, if he is indeed currently on somewhere around $600K.
If we were a chance to get AFB I would do a swap deal with Paps in a heartbeat. He apparently has a compelling reason to be in NZ, we probably wouldn’t need to chip in any salary and, while he is a quality player it is a gap we could fill. We need an alpha front rower more than a hole running second rower.

Completely agree. Olam is now a $350-400K centre at best. He wasn’t a regular first grader at another NRL club as a centre. It would be bad business for us to pursue him unless Melbourne are picking up at least $200-250k freight, if he is indeed currently on somewhere around $600K.
If we were a chance to get AFB I would do a swap deal with Paps in a heartbeat. He apparently has a compelling reason to be in NZ, we probably wouldn’t need to chip in any salary and, while he is a quality player it is a gap we could fill. We need an alpha front rower more than a hole running second rower.
10000% agree with this

I wouldn’t believe any reporting on salaries tbh. He will likely be starting in 2024. Fainu is young and Sezer would be a million to one to finish a whole season. Luai is not signed and given our track record who knows if it gets done. We have heaps of cap room it has to be spent on players available.
Luai hasn’t signed? I was thinking that he had already re-signed with Penrith.

Imagine the aerial threat in future of Lobb & Willett on wings, Galvin & Tupou centres, Sam Fainu & Haumole backrowers! Bombs away!

Sezer is meant to bring us an attacking kicking game so hopefully we see some wing aerial action

Lobb is definitely an aerial threat but can he defend is my biggest concern with him.

Willett is abit of an athletic freak from all reports, very much an all round quality sports talent.

Galvin and Tupou in the centers scare me somewhat defensively. I don’t think Galvin will end up in the centers but thats me. Both need a few years to get things flowing & with us looking at Olam/Best it’s clear we have a concern around at least 1 center position for the next few years.

Are you referring to their LU forum?
Spend some proper time there. They are a bunch of smug wankers who get very nasty very quickly. I like to stir them up occasionally.
Agree with what you are saying but I suspect @tigermate may have been referring to the "Panthers Pride" web site/Forum.

Wouldn't say that it is overly slick or any better laid out than this Forum which I think is one of, if not the best, but unlike how some players are treated on here, over there the overall theme is of respect and well wishing for Luai with his future.

Definitely not the Bogan type of attitude towards Luai as I am sure many would have expected to see.

Polar opposite types of attitudes that you would expect on somewhere like the Kennel attack dog Forum.

I have heard that Alex Lobb has been killing it in preseason...he is really pushing for a top 17 spot
You have to love a player who incrementally improves. He speaks well and obviously has the drive and motivation to succeed. He is a good example of recruiting a player who is motivated on and off the field. He is studying at Wollongong Uni.

Bud certainly lit up the last time he played against us. Wanted to smack the smug little smart arse in the mouth at the time.

I like him now that he is our little smart arse and hope he stays injury free and lights things up playing for us.
He did some great things in that game but ultimately we won that day, so for all the flashy brilliance, the lack of consistency didn’t get the job done.

Back