Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Managers/Leeches are a blight on the game and should be NRL regulated somehow. I know I’m dreaming bcoz the NRL can’t even police the cap.
Managers are needed simply because slot of players don't understand or don't want any part of the business side of negotiations they just want to play footy

Managers are needed simply because slot of players don't understand or don't want any part of the business side of negotiations they just want to play footy
Yeah a necessary evil.
I’ve done a fair bit of sales, training and negotiating, and I reckon I’d use one in a players situation too. You need to take the emotion out of it.

Blore played his best footy in the middle. He may do better with better halves if he does go back to the edge but if Blore stays with us, I see him as a middle going forward. He hasn’t performed as well on the edge IMO but the only way if he does want to be a backrower he needs to train their full time and oddly enough, I haven’t seen him in any of the training pics the club has posted on their website and social media.

Would I like AFB? Of course but we’re also making our squad weaker by making the trade for him even if we did Stef instead of Ipap it’s the same thing. Let’s be honest we don’t have a back rower that can replace him and the ones on the market apart from Haumole aren’t better or as good as he is but in saying that Haumole isn’t available to talk with until Nov 1 next year.

We need a good replacement if we’re gonna let Ipap go. If we had Haumole already coming i’d bite the bullet but we don’t and we can’t guarantee he’ll come to us as well. Unless we get a genuine replacement, I wouldn’t even consider letting Ipap go for another Prop where we have enough depth already, and our depth in the backrow is atrocious.
AFB is in the top 5 front rowers in the game at the moment. IPap is a very good player but you could probably argue not currently in the top 10 edge forwards in the NRL. If IPap was the trade you had to make to get AFB, it’s a no brainer. Ideally you keep IPap and get AFB anyway, but if you have to choose…
A damaging, elite front rower or a very good edge forward who needs good players around him? AFB makes the players around him more effective, I reckon IPap needs good players around him to get the best out of him.

AFB is in the top 5 front rowers in the game at the moment. IPap is a very good player but you could probably argue not currently in the top 10 edge forwards in the NRL. If IPap was the trade you had to make to get AFB, it’s a no brainer. Ideally you keep IPap and get AFB anyway, but if you have to choose…
A damaging, elite front rower or a very good edge forward who needs good players around him? AFB makes the players around him more effective, I reckon IPap needs good players around him to get the best out of him.
Easy swap. Make it happen Pascoe!

What a load of nonsense. Firstly you will never find out for sure what a player is on unless the NRL starts to publish salaries.

Secondly - how do you know for sure that the anonymous person is speculating? The anonymous person could in fact be a very close contact of the player.

By your own logic in fact, if I know for sure that Buzz Rothfield is not a family member of the player, but I don't know for sure that the anonymous poster is NOT a family member of the player, therefore the anonymous poster must be more reliable because they are possibly a family member of the player.

Wrong once again..

The anonymous person said he was speculating…

And did you miss the part where I said player agents and clubs leak this info to juornos all the time ?

Not sure they leak it to anonymous guys on the Wests Tigers forum…

Your “logic” is speculation about a guy speculating …

Last edited:
We should have all players with a connection to AFB in his ear daily , telling him. That under Benji the rise of the tigers is starting k the team that come last 2 years in a row is ready to come out and climb the ladder , you join us we play finals footy , then all we need to do this coming season is start winning , be around the top 8 and he will look at us , being part of the rise of the tigers would be a really good feel , teams wining games makes training no matter how hard more enjoyable , heading for the semi finals players just respond it’s simple and a mind game , if your winning your mind will be 100% on the job , How will it look in 24 if we come out and are 4/4 plus the by game , 5 rounds down and we are on 10 points , we are the talk of town

It's true he's never really had his heart in it with us. He was average last year and let in plenty of tries with lazy defence around the ruck.

AFB would make a big difference to our team.

Ice is either cooked or he's not interested. Neither one of those helps us. Punt him!
AFB is a very good player but not at the expense of Papali'i'. The latter imo has much to contribute to a better culture at our club as well as onfield performances. We have good young player such as Fa'agutu emerging who will benefit from having Papali'i and also Bateman in our team.

AFB is a very good player but not at the expense of Papali'i'. The latter imo has much to contribute to a better culture at our club as well as onfield performances. We have good young player such as Fa'agutu emerging who will benefit from having Papali'i and also Bateman in our team.

It’s letting Ice go one year early for a better player … I don’t get why people would be against the idea

You know whats funny, a year at our club, and we‘d probably want to trade AFB for Papali’i if he were still at the Eels.

Latest posts

Members online

Back