Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

weak recruitment in tiger land as you call it is to do with years of poor performances and infighting. who on earth would want to come here with what we've served up the last 11 years? and yet you don't want a review because of a recruitment manager that has done what exactly?

apologies on the meeting Fulton thing, I had that mixed up with another poster. regardless though, your obsession is nonsensical. the bloke is leaking information on a weekly basis to his godfather and publicly and privately undermining our head coach, yet you continue to vouch for him and our chairman, who is entirely out of his depth.

I'm simply saying I am pleased with the improvement in recruitment

I have concerns about recruitment if fulton leaves

Don't twist my words.

Don't twist my words.
our best recruitment was pre 2023, where we signed Isaiah Papali'i, Api Koroisau, John Bateman and David Klemmer. Fulton was not involved in any of those signings. right now I'd say recruitment has declined, and I have a lot of faith in the Fainu brothers.

AFB and Luai are up in the air but neither of them are above a 50% chance to come here at the minute. I hope that changes, but so far Fulton's signed three Tartak clients and whinged to Zorba when Marshall did a deal for Aidan Sezer. I hope the situation improves, but right now I don't think your love for Fulton holds weight.

Let him go early, use the salary cap space to forward pay some player contracts in 2024 and use the 2025 space that creates to go after AFB. Hard to see how we will miss Blore. He barely played for us. Invest in players here for longer term.
Ian Chappell would often say do what your opponent would least like you to do. That would probably mean having Blore play out his contract. But it may be in the WTs' interest to release him to gain another top 30 vacancy regardless of whether Olam is signed.

Its a shame you have ceased your "scoops".
Your posts have increased in quality now you arent seeking the approval of everyone as much anymore. Maybe youve grown up a bit?
Keep it up.
Mate I’ve been on this forum since day 1 and fair dinkum you would have to be the most negative poster on here, by my reckoning YOUR the attention seeker champ

The latest news on recruitment was that pascoe took the lead on negotiations which could be interpreted as fulton is taking the lead.

The chips will fall when the review finally finishes. However, one thing for sure, the impact of the review was not well thought out and depending which way it goes could have a real negative impact for recruitment.

I'll just bookmark it here.
It's not like recruitment lately had been a massive positive for ua

By the time 27 comes around he'll be long forgotten in rugby - there'll be plenty of others in his place over the next 2 years. If Sualilii kicks on and Korobiete stays he won't get a look in - he'll stay at the Roosters.

Who knows, I've watched him closely over
the last few years, he has a very unique
skill-set that's easily transferable to league.
If he stays he'll probably end up signing
a big money extension & taking Teddy's
jersey, he's good. I found this interesting:

"Six weeks ago, at Darlinghurst’s fine-dining restaurant Beppi’s, the genesis of the most audacious union-to-league defection was hatched.
Roosters boss Nick Politis, Wallabies star Mark Nawaqanitawase, some board members and other officials discussed life in general.
There was no formal offer.
As the pasta and seafood was served, the group talked about property investment, setting yourself up for life after football, and got to know Nawaqanitawase as a person.
They found him intelligent, articulate and polite. They were already well aware of his athletic prowess.
Soon after, the offer came through and Rugby Australia was officially on notice that one of its best stars was considering a switch to the NRL.
Unbeknown to both parties, Nawaqanitawase already had a multimillion-dollar offer on the table from a Japanese club.
It was upwards of $3 million over three years. He gave up a bigger offer from RA to settle for $450,000 a year over two years to join the Roosters.
Nawaqanitawase would have been paid $300,000 more if he stayed in Australian rugby. He will earn around $2.6 million less by rejecting the Japanese offer.

It is a remarkable conclusion.

Don't twist my words.
Improvement in recruitment? I don’t see how we’ve improved without a game being played?
We aren’t exactly setting the world standard, losing 7 mostly experienced players and recruiting 4 mostly inexperienced replacements.
We’re losing players because we aren’t developing them or improving their reputation. If we can’t fix that fundamental inability then we’ll continue to have poor recruitment results.

so far Fulton's signed three Tartak clients and whinged to Zorba when Marshall did a deal for Aidan Sezer. I hope the situation improves, but right now I don't think your love for Fulton holds weight.

our best recruitment was pre 2023, where we signed Isaiah Papali'i, Api Koroisau, John Bateman and David Klemmer. Fulton was not involved in any of those signings. right now I'd say recruitment has declined, and I have a lot of faith in the Fainu brothers.

Tony baloney's boner 4 Fulton is equal parts
unwarrented & unfounded. Baffling really

Who knows, I've watched him closely over
the last few years, he has a very unique
skill-set that's easily transferable to league.
If he stays he'll probably end up signing
a big money extension & taking Teddy's
jersey, he's good. I found this interesting:

"Six weeks ago, at Darlinghurst’s fine-dining restaurant Beppi’s, the genesis of the most audacious union-to-league defection was hatched.
Roosters boss Nick Politis, Wallabies star Mark Nawaqanitawase, some board members and other officials discussed life in general.
There was no formal offer.
As the pasta and seafood was served, the group talked about property investment, setting yourself up for life after football, and got to know Nawaqanitawase as a person.
They found him intelligent, articulate and polite. They were already well aware of his athletic prowess.
Soon after, the offer came through and Rugby Australia was officially on notice that one of its best stars was considering a switch to the NRL.
Unbeknown to both parties, Nawaqanitawase already had a multimillion-dollar offer on the table from a Japanese club.
It was upwards of $3 million over three years. He gave up a bigger offer from RA to settle for $450,000 a year over two years to join the Roosters.
Nawaqanitawase would have been paid $300,000 more if he stayed in Australian rugby. He will earn around $2.6 million less by rejecting the Japanese offer.

It is a remarkable conclusion.
As always players make massive financial sacrifices to sign with the Chooks. They get the calling, it’s not about money, it’s all about being a better person.

I think I have read this crap before

So we finally have an ounce of respect from player managers and from a recruitment perspective, an element we have been weak in forever, and the club make moves that will remove the newly appointed recruitment manager.

I do believe if Lee goes fulton goes, which will set the club back for another decade.
Apart from the Fainu brothers what has Fulton delivered us? Sweet FA. The bloke has done absolutely nothing except go all cowboy and try sign over-priced nuffs like Schuster and big, dumb hacks like Keppie. He has nothing but his own personal agenda driving him and will stop at nothing till he fills the team with blokes he stands to benefit from.

He has shown little regard or respect to firstly Sheens now Benji when it comes to potential targets, instead rushes off promising blokes the world before even discussing with the coach. Manly punted him for a reason, if he's the recruitment messiah some make him out to be why would they shove him out the door. I'll put money on it that he's the one with loose lips feeding the media club intel about potential signings, if not directly then indirectly.

AFB and Luai are up in the air but neither of them are above a 50% chance to come here at the minute. I hope that changes, but so far Fulton's signed three Tartak clients and whinged to Zorba when Marshall did a deal for Aidan Sezer. I hope the situation improves, but right now I don't think your love for Fulton holds weight.

That's your opinion and I'm not going to call you pathetic for that. Shows the type of person you are.

If Luai and AFB sign it wont be on the back of Fulton it'll be on the back of the $$ and contract length offered and a love of Benji.

Apart from the Fainu brothers what has Fulton delivered us? Sweet FA. The bloke has done absolutely nothing except go all cowboy and try sign over-priced nuffs like Schuster and big, dumb hacks like Keppie. He has nothing but his own personal agenda driving him and will stop at nothing till he fills the team with blokes he stands to benefit from.

He has shown little regard or respect to firstly Sheens now Benji when it comes to potential targets, instead rushes off promising blokes the world before even discussing with the coach. Manly punted him for a reason, if he's the recruitment messiah some make him out to be why would they shove him out the door. I'll put money on it that he's the one with loose lips feeding the media club intel about potential signings, if not directly then indirectly.

There's a lot of guys coming through that don't make the head lines.

It's my opinion that overall Fulton would get us in the best recruitment position.

If he gets that autonomy remains to be seen.

Justin Pascoe said it in an interview before the round 1 game.
Lee and Pascoe also conceded in an "Ask the Boss" segment that neither of them knew Fulton or had anything to do with him prior to recruiting him and basically hired him off the back of a recommendation by Ray Hadley in a phone conversation Lee had with him.

Pretty common knowledge that Hadley has been tight with the Fulton family for at least the last 30+ years and then Lee thinks it's a great idea to make the appointment without consulting the Football Department.

How did the F#*k wit think that was going to work out.

About on par with signing Nofo on an over priced long term contract, certainly creates faith and confidence in members of the legal profession.

Tony baloney's boner 4 Fulton is equal parts
unwarrented & unfounded. Baffling really

Mate your faith in benji is based on the same thing.

Being attacked for having a different opinion on footy really just sums up today's society.

Well done.

I seem to remember a number of years ago he was interviewed and he said he offered to pay 3rd party money to any 4 players wanted by the club and nobody got back to him.
Don't know if that is true or not, but at various times we have also been fed the line that Harry could not provide TPA's to players because he was too close to the club.

Don't really understand that or know what it means but have heard that on here many times in the past.

Lee and Pascoe also conceded in an "Ask the Boss" segment that neither of them knew Fulton or had anything to do with him prior to recruiting him and basically hired him off the back of a recommendation by Ray Hadley in a phone conversation Lee had with him.

Pretty common knowledge that Hadley has been tight with the Fulton family for at least the last 30+ years and then Lee thinks it's a great idea to make the appointment without consulting the Football Department.

How did the F#*k wit think that was going to work out.

About on par with signing Nofo on an over priced long term contract, certainly creates faith and confidence in members of the legal profession.
Outrageous isn't it. Blows my mind that this Gadget looking nuff with zero knowledge of football operations would sign a recruitment agent off the back of a radio jocks recommendation without consulting any of the coaching dept beforehand.

Back