Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Looks like Merlo. Came to us in 1980 from Penrith a sparky frim Maltese background.

Had a good year but sent off twice and suspended. Along with Goodwin who also got suspended twice and Dallas at least once probably cost us premiership.

Anyway, for a laugh Wests won RL new faces in 80 with a rendition of You can't stop the Magpies, the Village people song,

Merlo I believe was the guy with leather jacket on far left in that clip around 5 min mark.

Rabs and Bernard King hosted show.

Congratulations @Magpie_Magic.......imo You have won the gold medal 🥇 for the bestest :p ever 🥇(y).... funniest ever 🥇:ROFLMAO:....and most meaningful ever :unsure: (y):ROFLMAO: post.... since the conception [or is that inception] of Our WTF.
I hope you had a Happy and peaceful Christmas.

lol . That’s why I said ‘26 . DCE has probably 2 years left bricks goes to 7 and then the 6 opens up for … well it was supposed to be schuster . So Glavins path to the 6 is blocked there anyway . It to mention I’m almost positive there’s a gun half by the name of Humphries that’s highly rated . Throw in the Arthur’s who would have had a few promises , I mean it’s much of a muchness . If we start winning then that will be the biggest deterrent to leaving .
He’s 18 , just dominated juniors at 6 , of course he’s going to say he wants to be a 6. We will see when the reality of professional football sets in .
Schuster will be bigger than George Rose by 2026, no chance of playing 6.

Tony Adams aka The Mole is very close with both Sheens and McDonnell. He will constantly be writing these types of stories every few weeks to not only plant seeds to destabilise us but to generate clicks. He absolutely has an agenda against us since Sheens got the flick. I do believe Isaac Moses had his nose out of joint when we signed a couple of halves. We have a terrible relationship with Moses but I think Richo will sort alot that stuff out. I think the club is showing Lachlan a lot of love publicly to reassure him how they feel about him. We wouldn’t be the first club to not negotiate with Moses, Politis and Matt Cameron (Panthers) refuse to negotiate with him directly preferring to use a third party in the process. I think Lachlans first couple of seasons in first grade maybe as a centre. This time next year we will have a clearer picture. Just realised I rambled on a bit, apologies for long post
Tiger_Claws.

You get way more then you let on.
to generate clicks
Finally someone else gets it. If you have ever seen the movie "Idiocracy" it near nails our modern society.
Issac Moses and any good player manager wants controversy over their player. Will "Galvin" leave, will he stay.. As long as we talk "Galvin" his name and price increase.

Heck a good manager should be doing this. If I managed Galvin and I saw:
Luai
Sullivan
Fainu
Sezer

all ahead in the halves I would get my client out of there.

Matterson got it. Post a stack on social media, likewise Hastings started to get it. Build a name because that will keep your post NRL career active.

Clicks, good for the player and usually bad for our club.

They can look all they want. We have Galvin locked up until 2026. When Luai comes on board, "teams looking at Galvin" stories / tweets will be commonplace. Why? Journalists are lazy and Wests Tigers stories get more clicks than any other team.
Is there any real evidence to the common opinion that Wests Tigers stories get more clicks than any other team? I fail to see how or why that would be the case.

Richo should have fun dealing with Moses. Something of a mismatch I'd think.
Not sure about the mismatch, but the NRL just lets some of these crooks get away with so much dodgy shit, would be nice if someone could do a job on Moses and have the prick banned again, but this time have his whole operation shut down for good.

Is there any real evidence to the common opinion that Wests Tigers stories get more clicks than any other team? I fail to see how or why that would be the case.
Yes we have 20,000 members including dogs, cats, canaries and no doubt a certain number of memberships that are probably counted twice.

Never mind that there are clubs that have more members, some with 50-100% more members, but we have to consider the other 380,000 fans that Wests Tigers have that would be members but can't due to the incompetence of the Wests Tigers Administration and their inability to sign up these fans.

We should have 400,000 members on the books, 10 times more than any other club, that would be why we get more clicks than any other team.

Sounds like a done deal. Well worth the whole listen. If not fast forward to about the 33 minute mark.
I'm inspired by Richo.
He's the 💯 real deal, and he sounds like a genuine Westie, which is the exact opposite of Our Fedora wearing, Ferrari driving Hagipantellis, whereas Richo is probably still driving his father's Holden Kingswood, or at best a Suzuki Ignis, because they're both reliable.
And that's what he wants from our players every time they go into battle.
The bad old days are over...this is Our Time...the Dawn of a New Beginning.
And I'm excited.

Can we NOT make the new player captain!

I mean sure it worked in the past. Josh Reynolds (one of 5 captains?.. oh yea with Russell packer maybe).
Moses Mbye (Throws head against wall, HARD)

oh that idea of the under-pressure halves being captain... GREAT!

Lets give Captain to Api. He has deserved it and earned it.

Funny mention don’t make a new player captain then you mention Api.

I doubt Luai gets Captain whilst Api is here but with TDS can see Api getting less time on the field so someone will need to be the leader when he is off it.

We pretty much had no other options at the start of this season. Api was the obvious choice.

Have zero issues with it.
Hands down our best and should be captain.
Just find it interesting when someone says a new player shouldn’t be captain and then mentions the new player who was captain as our captain.

Not suggesting Luai is captain material either but from the Richo talks he often mentions leadership when it comes to Luai so expecting something down that path at some point

Have zero issues with it.
Hands down our best and should be captain.
Just find it interesting when someone says a new player shouldn’t be captain and then mentions the new player who was captain as our captain.

Not suggesting Luai is captain material either but from the Richo talks he often mentions leadership when it comes to Luai so expecting something down that path at some point
Luai should still have at least 3 years post Api. Plenty of time for him. He doesn’t need the Captaincy to be a leader

Not sure about the mismatch, but the NRL just lets some of these crooks get away with so much dodgy shit, would be nice if someone could do a job on Moses and have the prick banned again, but this time have his whole operation shut down for good.

The NRL are useless. Waiting for them to really pull any of these blokes into line is an exercise in futility.

Reactions: BZN
It’s actually bizarre how much control Isaac Moses has over Manly at the moment.

Do they not remember what he did to us and Brisbane? He’s doing the exact same thing to Manly now.
ITs because they were previously completely dominated by Mario Tartak and he was pulling the strings at Manly. Part of the reason Manly pushed Fulton was to clean out the Tartak influence. Most of our new signings are Tartak clients. Glasshouses and stones etc.

Has anyone heard/seen anything in related to Fulton!!
He has been awfully quite, must be waiting for the dust to settle.

Latest posts

Back