Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It would not surprise me now if we secure Olam or Best but maybe we will be careful with the salary cap with the JL signing & having to consider the many upgrades of our pathways talent over the next 3-4 years.

It is evident we need a decent centre (both attack & defence) so I think Taylan May, Isaiah Tass & even Tesi Niu could come into the equation.

Niu is an interesting one! One of the strongest in the gym at the Dolphins, was a highly-touted teenager and could find his place as a block-busting centre (a younger & cheaper version of Olam). I could get shot down for this but could be worth a swap deal this year with Tupou if Benji is a fan.

The last few minutes of the IV seem to confirm that there wasn't much difference between the deals on the table (confirmed by his manager) and that his main motivation for accepting our offer was to be his own man and lead the team. He feels he has a point to prove.

He spoke very well and seems like he is coming here for the right reasons.

It would not surprise me now if we secure Olam or Best but maybe we will be careful with the salary cap with the JL signing & having to consider the many upgrades of our pathways talent over the next 3-4 years.

It is evident we need a decent centre (both attack & defence) so I think Taylan May, Isaiah Tass & even Tesi Niu could come into the equation.

Niu is an interesting one! One of the strongest in the gym at the Dolphins, was a highly-touted teenager and could find his place as a block-busting centre (a younger & cheaper version of Olam). I could get shot down for this but could be worth a swap deal this year with Tupou if Benji is a fan.
Another player who could be motivated to have a point to prove. Feel he was pushed out of Broncos (rightly so given their elite backline) but outside Luai at centre could be really good

I would say this triggers a few moving parts. Olam & Blore deal proceeds in the next week or so. Stef commits long term. Maybe just maybe we land Bradman Best. Still nothing official from the Knights.

Simpkin will sign elsewhere for 25. We move Nofa on some how. Doeuihi is an interesting one. No way he wears 6 or 7 at WT again. Has to be content with Centre or will go to the UK.

All we really need is a high level centre to look the goods for 2025. Interesting times!

Your gut telling you all these other changes ?

The last few minutes of the IV seem to confirm that there wasn't much difference between the deals on the table (confirmed by his manager) and that his main motivation for accepting our offer was to be his own man and lead the team. He feels he has a point to prove.

He spoke very well and seems like he is coming here for the right reasons.

He is backing himself in alot of ways and really wants to make something happen. I really like it.
He was gonna get paid one way or another, coming here wasn’t the easy option.

Exciting times ahead. Let’s see if this shifts the dime on a few players inbound for 25 & beyond.

Hope we are hunting for May.

He is backing himself in alot of ways and really wants to make something happen. I really like it.
He was gonna get paid one way or another, coming here wasn’t the easy option.

Exciting times ahead. Let’s see if this shifts the dime on a few players inbound for 25 & beyond.

Hope we are hunting for May.

May or Sunia Turuva next signing 👌🏽

I don't think we need to be breaking the bank on a big money outside back like May or Best.

Luai was worth it because he's a spine players. I'm confident Luai and Fainu will make our existing outside backs like To'a look a lot better. It's a shame Tupou is leaving as I think he would have benefited as well.

There could be another back step up this year like Saukuru. Galvin could even start in the centres.

I don't think we need to be breaking the bank on a big money outside back like May or Best.

Luai was worth it because he's a spine players. I'm confident Luai and Fainu will make our existing outside backs like To'a look a lot better. It's a shame Tupou is leaving as I think he would have benefited as well.

There could be another back step up this year like Saukuru. Galvin could even start in the centres.
There is always a kid that steps up that surprises everyone. Bula last year, Pole the year before. Looking forward to seeing a few more get blooded this year.

Now that Luai is done, I reckon we’ll be looking back into Olam now. Benji was keen on him so have to see if anything happens.

Back