Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

No idea where criticism of To’a comes from ?
He clearly demonstrated a great ability to beat his opponent one on one last season with very limited opportunities.
Hopefully the addition of Olam will make both To’a and Naden be close to their best much more often in wanting to obtain their preferred centre position.
I’d assume the one who misses out starts on one wing.
Alaimalo the wild card as Benji has already stated he thinks he will be suited to playing in the centres.
How many really good games did Toa have? I can remember one.
There’s your criticism

How many really good games did Toa have? I can remember one.
There’s your criticism
I thought he was good against Manly and Panthers in the rain. Even the early loss against Parra he was pretty good. So I'd guess about 5 good games, but hardly any shit games. That's a fair effort when you consider the ball he was getting.

I thought he was pretty good even back when he was with Newcs. No star, and he could get the boot in the future, but he's low on my plodder list.

I think it's pretty clear Naden and Toa aren't the kinda guys for success plans, but help fill a gap in the time being and are well respected.

Heard from someone at the club that Stefano is really turning heads early in pre season. Apparently looking the fittest he has ever looked and is really standing up at training, also being a leader to the younger forwards coming through. Really positive signs so far.

Both Stefano and the club have been engaging in extension talks and it’s looking increasingly likely he’ll ink a new deal relatively soon.

Heard from someone at the club that Stefano is really turning heads early in pre season. Apparently looking the fittest he has ever looked and is really standing up at training, also being a leader to the younger forwards coming through. Really positive signs so far.

Both Stefano and the club have been engaging in extension talks and it’s looking increasingly likely he’ll ink a new deal relatively soon.
That's great.
We need him to step up and really lead.

I've heard Nofo is still very much in the shop window - true?

I think it's pretty clear Naden and Toa aren't the kinda guys for success plans, but help fill a gap in the time being and are well respected.
Agree Jay, they aren't quality. Could get there with extremely hard work but are a way off yet. Fill ins.

Hoping we look at locking Pole up well before November 1st too and have him as a high priority on our retention list. He would command significant interest on the market and his price will only increase with the more game time he gets.

I've been a long-time Dave supporter, but he would need to do a lot of work to be a valuable member of the squad. I can't see it.
100%. I was a fan when he re-signed. I did think 5 years was too much though.....but we were desperate; losing top liners left, right and centre.

Now, its different. My expectations are higher. Noffa is taking the piss.

Hoping we look at locking Pole up well before November 1st too and have him as a high priority on our retention list. He would command significant interest on the market and his price will only increase with the more game time he gets.
Gus and the pub baron will be knocking on his door. He has big raps on the kid

Back