Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

To be fair the decision was made before the changes happened in upper management. If they were in before that came out, they might not be top 30 next year.
You would also hope the plan is to fit Onitoni Large and Heamasi Makasini into our top 30 by 2025, they look to be far superior prospects than Saukuru and Luke Laulilli.
I also think Heath Mason is a bit under rated and I’m tipping him to progress quicker and better than most.
Although a bit older I think Alex Lobb and Declan Casey are astute recruits, particular when signed as fringe players. Wouldn’t surprise me if either one of these 2 really take their chances and play plenty of NRL in 2024.

Not all that straightforward.

Jaycar I don't know the exact story, but Gary Johnston the founder was a Magpies man. His wife however is a mad Bulldogs supporter.

Laundy claimed to be a Tigers supporter but as far as I can tell his main link was a friendship with Tim Sheens. Recent comments from Laundy he calls himself a Bulldogs supporter. His son is 100% a Bulldogs supporter.

In those respects I don't believe Laundy ever sponsored Wests Tigers. I believe Jaycar was mostly a low-tier sponsor of Maggies.

Meriton's sponsorship had nothing to do with the Leagues Club site. Harry always said he only sponsored the Tigers if they couldn't find another sponsor; he wasn't interested in advertising his company through NRL - said this in public. But he still gives the Tigers financial support year-on-year.

Arthur is in fact a Balmain man. Still is. He was presented with a sponsorship opp in which the dogs gave him 3years front of jersey for the price of one year. His father’s (Arthur Snr) first ever pub was The Sackville in Rozelle where Arthur grew up and learnt the business before establishing the empire after the untimely passing of Snr.

You would also hope the plan is to fit Onitoni Large and Heamasi Makasini into our top 30 by 2025, they look to be far superior prospects than Saukuru and Luke Laulilli.
I also think Heath Mason is a bit under rated and I’m tipping him to progress quicker and better than most.
Although a bit older I think Alex Lobb and Declan Casey are astute recruits, particular when signed as fringe players. Wouldn’t surprise me if either one of these 2 really take their chances and play plenty of NRL in 2024.
Large I reckon will maybe be on development for 25, could join top 30 in 26. Mason I know is on development for sure next year along with Lobb and Will Craig. I’m not too familiar with Makasini what position does he play?

Large I reckon will maybe be on development for 25, could join top 30 in 26. Mason I know is on development for sure next year along with Lobb and Will Craig. I’m not too familiar with Makasini what position does he play?
Makasini is a big, strong fast centre/winger not too dissimilar to a young Stephen Crichton. Maybe a touch more powerfully built and not quite as quick as Crichton, but a lot of similarities.
He plays centre outside Large for Wests Magpies and wing outside Large for young Waratahs.
They are younger, but both on another level compared to Saukuru and Laulilli.

Makasini is a big, strong fast centre/winger not too dissimilar to a young Stephen Crichton. Maybe a touch more powerfully built and not quite as quick as Crichton, but a lot of similarities.
He plays centre outside Large for Wests Magpies and wing outside Large for young Waratahs.
They are younger, but both on another level compared to Saukuru and Laulilli.
But I’m guessing that Laulilili and Saukuru are older, which is probably why that they are getting the nod ahead for now at least. That’s not me saying Large and this Makasini won’t play first grade, sounds like they will and hopefully it’s with us. I think the club will look after them so not too worried yet. I’ve heard positive things about Luke Laulilili not so much on Sukkar though.

But I’m guessing that Laulilili and Saukuru are older, which is probably why that they are getting the nod ahead for now at least. That’s not me saying Large and this Makasini won’t play first grade, sounds like they will and hopefully it’s with us. I think the club will look after them so not too worried yet. I’ve heard positive things about Luke Laulilili not so much on Sukkar though.
I’m hoping Luke Laulilli develops into a Brian To’o clone as he’s a fearless ball runner, but lacks height and doesn’t look to be overly fast.
Sukkar and Solo Saukuru both have the height, size and mobility to become very good players I was a bit concerned to see them both only run the ball half heartedly when playing Flegg late last season.
But as I’ve said they are both still very young, an off season can sometimes see a big change in attitude and toughness in young players, let’s hope that’s the case for both of these boys.

I’m hoping Luke Laulilli develops into a Brian To’o clone as he’s a fearless ball runner, but lacks height and doesn’t look to be overly fast.
Sukkar and Solo Saukuru both have the height, size and mobility to become very good players I was a bit concerned to see them both only run the ball half heartedly when playing Flegg late last season.
But as I’ve said they are both still very young, an off season can sometimes see a big change in attitude and toughness in young players, let’s hope that’s the case for both of these boys.
Well there’s been massive changes across the club. Hoping it goes down to all our teams this year.

How's Fainu training for the guys that know?

And when does Sezer arrive?

This is key.

Can we build a successful combination.

It's been many years since this club had a successful halves combination.

Any finals fantasies hinge on it.

Arthur is in fact a Balmain man. Still is. He was presented with a sponsorship opp in which the dogs gave him 3years front of jersey for the price of one year. His father’s (Arthur Snr) first ever pub was The Sackville in Rozelle where Arthur grew up and learnt the business before establishing the empire after the untimely passing of Snr.
I'll be frank that I cannot consider someone a true Balmain / Wests Tigers man if he pays money to be the main sponsor of another club.

At least Lee H put most of his money into Tigers before any other club sponsorship.

Me either. But it shows Richardson can get tough decisions pushed through

Don't think he'll push that one. Smart operators know when to hold them and when to fold them.

Don't think the HBG group would be averse to having Harry on the board...........trouble is that would probably preclude him from TPA's.

Reactions: 851

This is key.

Sezer has been here since the start of preseason….not much footage though…which is intersting

Justin Olam doesn't get his own thread?

Its the third thread down in latest posts

This is key.

Sezer is already at training leading them around based on the last training pics.

Fainu has been in the recovery/injury group this week.

Maybe to a point but say one is a Highlander and one Coastal and relations already somewhat strained.
But I could be wrong, I only visited PNG( all areas) about 4 times a year from 1989-2016 or a total of about 100+ visits.
Or maybe they’ll end up best buds, which would a great outcome for us. Or maybe Jimmy might never get to the firsts, which I think someone else said.
100+ trips bloody hell... What were you doing up there?
Govt position?

Latest posts

Back