Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A
I know this sounds crazy but I'd consider offering Daniel Tupou a contract on low money if he wants it and he's not extended by Roosters. Good role model for the boys at the club, and not 'regressing' like other old players. Only played origin just 2 years ago. Very reliable. Great finisher especially in the air. Makes lots of run metres out of his own end. Veteran of the game. If we could sign him on low money it would be great value
Also hymel hunt,, any news on this much hyped signing?

Totally. He’s killing it in England (currently man of steel) and left NRL (35 tries in 40 odd games) after a couple of short seasons. Think he’s got the attacking gifts that our outside backs lack.

Has scored more FG tries than Noffa for all those calling him a legend.

Successful backs in ESL very rarely make it here especially undersized ones. Let him be a legend of ESL. The NRL wing game is effort and hitup then finish focused. He would get rag dolled now like he did when he hit the NRL the 1st time.

Successful backs in ESL very rarely make it here especially undersized ones. Let him be a legend of ESL. The NRL wing game is effort and hitup then finish focused. He would get rag dolled now like he did when he hit the NRL the 1st time.
35 tries in 40 odd games in NRL. Not too shabby. If he stayed he’d likely have 130-150 at that rate. He’s Alex Johnson like when it comes to scoring. AJ is also not a physical specimen but has stood the test of time.

35 tries in 40 odd games in NRL. Not too shabby. If he stayed he’d likely have 130-150 at that rate. He’s Alex Johnson like when it comes to scoring. AJ is also not a physical specimen but has stood the test of time.
If you want to talk about try scorer’s, we just punted a dude with 100 tries to his name. It’s about the other side of the ball too. Plus, we already have one jockey on the wing (Staines). We don’t need another,

If you want to talk about try scorer’s, we just punted a dude with 100 tries to his name. It’s about the other side of the ball too. Plus, we already have one jockey on the wing (Staines). We don’t need another,
French has more tries than Noffa in less games and he’s not a mug lair.my opinion only. Free to scroll by.

He also let in about the same amount as he scored when he was here. He is quoted as saying his aim in the ESL is to take the physical side out of things. He is 29 when the season started so at best 30 next year, would need a big ransom to get him here - he isn’t the right target.

He also let in about the same amount as he scored when he was here. He is quoted as saying his aim in the ESL is to take the physical side out of things. He is 29 when the season started so at best 30 next year, would need a big ransom to get him here - he isn’t the right target.
Fair and well made points mate, on current form and comparing to what we have I would be on the phone.

Might just be me, but I don't think Terrell would add much to our roster. A young middle with potential and we already have plenty. It would also block one of those guys we already have. Taylan is the one I would be interested in, but he wouldn't come without Terrell and worse Tyrone.

Might just be me, but I don't think Terrell would add much to our roster. A young middle with potential and we already have plenty. It would also block one of those guys we already have. Taylan is the one I would be interested in, but he wouldn't come without Terrell and worse Tyrone.
Disagree mate. Terrell has the potential and aptitude to become the next best prop in the game. Good age at 24 as well, has the drive going the long way to the top.
Similar frame size to Pole. 183 and 108kg but is less agressive and more skill.
Reminds me of a young AFB.
Warriors I’ve noticed are looking to sign Uele to replace Blake. Different players all together but for us Uele wouldn’t be a bad pick up. Though it seems he wants 700k a season. Yuk!

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Disagree mate. Terrell has the potential and aptitude to become the next best prop in the game. Good age at 24 as well, has the drive going the long way to the top.
Similar frame size to Pole. 183 and 108kg but is less agressive and more skill.
Reminds me of a young AFB.
Warriors I’ve noticed are looking to sign Uele to replace Blake. Different players all together but for us Uele wouldn’t be a bad pick up. Though it seems he wants 700k a season. Yuk!
Fair enough but I just think with Richo and Benji at the helm, they will give our young blokes a clear path to NRL if they are good enough, rather than block them. Happy to put the eggs in the basket of Klemmer, Stefano, Pole, Twal, Sam Fainu (assuming he transitions to prop over time), Sione Fainu, Faaguutu, Miller, Kit Laulili'i (even though he will most likely be playing lock he might give some minutes off the bench) without blowing the cap over the coming seasons.

I would be tying up Pole before November 1 before signing any outside props to our club. He needs to know he is a priority.

A 2nd rower to take over from Bateman is something I would be looking at. Luki or Finefuiaki from Cowboys would be 2 players I hope we are looking into.

Fair enough but I just think with Richo and Benji at the helm, they will give our young blokes a clear path to NRL if they are good enough, rather than block them. Happy to put the eggs in the basket of Klemmer, Stefano, Pole, Twal, Sam Fainu (assuming he transitions to prop over time), Sione Fainu, Faaguutu, Miller, Kit Laulili'i (even though he will most likely be playing lock he might give some minutes off the bench) without blowing the cap over the coming seasons.

I would be tying up Pole before November 1 before signing any outside props to our club. He needs to know he is a priority.

A 2nd rower to take over from Bateman is something I would be looking at. Luki or Finefuiaki from Cowboys would be 2 players I hope we are looking into.
I am hoping Fa'agutu will move to the second row. His skills are wasted at prop and second row is a position we could strengthen.

I just want to make sure that people know that there is no NRL requirement that you have to have your Top 30 filled at all times …

They don’t need to replace Nofo the nanosecond he walk out the door … and maybe having a space spare in case someone shakes loose somewhere is actually a good thing …

I personally think out of the three Faagutu is better at lock with his skillset. Laulilii is similar to Pole for me strong carries and work horse whereas Faagutu has the better ball playing skillset, can defend more and can run the ball when needed for lock even though we didn't get to see much of it last year as he was relegated to Prop for Kit.
Will be interesting to keep an eye on. Got 3 players who are suited to lock in Matamua, Laulili'i and Fa'agutu.

Back