Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Thank You Kelche. Inside information. I guess my question. At what stage apart.from injuries, State of Origin, playing for Australia and his own country, retirement, where does Simpkin fit in alongside Api. Both great players.
Good squad player AHX. Can do a job when needed, has a bit of versatility and is capable of 100 NRL games in my opinion.

Certainly not a superstar, but every club needs these types of players.

Do you know that for sure?

Do you know that for sure?
Well it’s been mentioned within the commentary team a few times that Connor Muhleisen is highly regarded by the Dragons.
He is a tough uncompromising hooker similar to what Shane Flanagan was himself.
Add they are more than happy with Jacob Liddle as their starting hooker and it’s as clear as day the Dragons are not stupid and will not be releasing Lomax to pick up Jake Simpkin.

Well it’s been mentioned within the commentary team a few times that Connor Muhleisen is highly regarded by the Dragons.
He is a tough uncompromising hooker similar to what Shane Flanagan was himself.
Add they are more than happy with Jacob Liddle as their starting hooker and it’s as clear as day the Dragons are not stupid and will not be releasing Lomax to pick up Jake Simpkin.
Most teams need at least 3 players maybe 4 max who can cover 9. And given 3 of them are in the 17, if one goes down it can have problems. Don’t be surprised if they feel the need to bring another 9 into the team. Not saying it will or won’t happen because I don’t know if it will, but if it does happen, it’s not a shock.

Probably extremely unlikely, unpopular, and I don’t like the guy but Matterson can’t make Parra’s starting side and would be a far better 13 than any of our options.
He would probably be happy to play less game time as he preferred to accept the suspension rather than take the fine and step into the trenches with his teammates.

I thought his best footy was played at the Tigers but sadly he chose to carry on and get traded.

Pretty sure that was someone else, not Meaney, although the name escapes me.

We tried to sign Meaney from the Dogs and he reportedly knocked us back.
I am talking about from Newcastle he was in and out of first grade playing 5/8 and fullback he agreed to come to us then the Tigers turned him away to sign Mbye

Thats not saying much.
Which says enough on why we need to go hard for some class in the outside backs when it come available. Especially when we finally have some pull in the market with the latest Luai signing on top of Api, Papalili, Bateman and Klemmer etc.

Lomax was extremely close to coming to us back in 2018/2019 I believe under Madge. Dragons came out with a ridiculous 5 year massive $ deal that we couldn’t counter and it fell through.

I know Lomax’s dad pretty well and he keeps most to himself about his son and fair enough. But he has always told me, knowing I’m a fan of the club that Zac has strong connections to us and watches us closely still after growing up a massive fan of us. I’ve posted about the Lomax links for the last 18 months, it’s real.

If he was so close to coming under Madge, with the recent recruitment drive and his idol coaching him. Those opportunities don’t come often, on top of that Parra are on the decline. I’d be surprised if Moses fulfilled his full contract.

I like our chances. That’s if Benji wants it.

Last edited:
He would probably be happy to play less game time as he preferred to accept the suspension rather than take the fine and step into the trenches with his teammates.

I thought his best footy was played at the Tigers but sadly he chose to carry on and get traded.
Parra walked into a nightmare of 3 Money Focused players in Matterson, MM and Gutherson.
Look I get it, you need to make money, you may get busted. But with guys who are so focused on the P$$ check, that's going to rub off on the team in all the wrong ways.

Yes it's a business. Yes players will want decent coin. No one is going to play for the tigers on 400k when an 800k offer is made. Matterson and co seemed the kind of player that is willing to change teams for 20k.

Which says enough on why we need to go hard for some class in the outside backs when it come available. Especially when we finally have some pull in the market with the latest Luai signing on top of Api, Papalili, Bateman and Klemmer etc.

Lomax was extremely close to coming to us back in 2018/2019 I believe under Madge. Dragons came out with a ridiculous 5 year massive $ deal that we couldn’t counter and it fell through.

I know Lomax’s dad pretty well and he keeps most to himself about his son and fair enough. But he has always told me, knowing I’m a fan of the club that Zac has strong connections to us and watches us closely still after growing up a massive fan of us. I’ve posted about the Lomax links for the last 18 months, it’s real.

If he was so close to coming under Madge, with the recent recruitment drive and his idol coaching him. Those opportunities don’t come often, on top of that Parra are on the decline. I’d be surprised if Moses fulfilled his full contract.

I like our chances. That’s if Benji wants it.
I know his dad Cliff too really well. Great guy.

I have nothing further to add, but just wanted to acknowledge my friendship with Cliff.

Very good player with all the attributes to be a superstar if a coach can get him to reach his potential.
He scored numerous long range tries in NSW Cup last season and another 80 metre solo trial during the NRL trials this season.
Hard to work out why Ricky isn’t including him in his current NRL side, but the Raiders have plenty of quality outside backs to choose from.

Yeman, he's the real deal. I'd be talking with Jordan
Petaia too while we're at it. We'll see what happens

This article is bizarre. If Dolphins can get Finefeuiaki, then Cowboys might want Howarth and if they get him, THEN Storm MIGHT be able to go for Stef. You'd think with the season just starting Journo's could find something more substantive to write about.

Bennett makes sense to me, given his links to Richo and Benji. I am all about it.
Bizarre is too coherent a word for that article.

Latest posts

Back