Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Brooks is the only person the the 30 that always plays to a first grade standard. He has on average been our best player since Tedesco left, he has not been the star of every game but is always up there.
He was told to stay on the left for years and did a good job with Moses on the right. When he was told to play in the middle to distribute and control, that is what he did, even though there was no creative player to pass the ball to. Now he has been moved to 5/8 and is still our best player.

I am not romantically involved with Luke Brooks and no one has to justify anything to you. Would any words make a difference to your belief?
Sounds good.
Whens he getting his origin call up?

Do you know for a fact that is his contract value?

Please list who "they" are as this pool of NRL quality halves available to "replace" Brooks is referred to ad nauseum by the Brooks' posse. How much will it cost to attract one of them to WTs in competition with other clubs?
the anti Brooks brigade are the same champions of Douhie who might be lucky to even get that 6 jersey back, so they are desperate for Brooks to move on
Use Douhie's money for Cobbo or Stephen Crighton and back the team with Hastings and Brooks with Madden as understudy

Do you know for a fact that is his contract value?

Please list who "they" are as this pool of NRL quality halves available to "replace" Brooks is referred to ad nauseum by the Brooks' posse. How much will it cost to attract one of them to WTs in competition with other clubs?

You got to look at the issue rationally.

We have Hastings, Brooks and Doueihi that would like to play in the halves. Maybe you can move one of them and it will work as well.

The questions become:-

1. Is it beneficial to the team to move one of them ? Where do you move them and who misses out ? I like Doueihi in the centres but is that the right option when we have Kepaoa and To'a looking good to take those spots.
2. If option 1 isn't a good option then you have to dump one of Hastings, Brooks and AD.

You also have to look at this through the lens of the salary cap and having strike players throughout your team.

Look at Penrith. They have a gun pack with awesome edge and middle forwards, a gun hooker, gun halves and fullback plus speed out wide. They also have depth. They are also losing players consistently because it's really hard to keep a team like that together under the cap.

I hope we make the right decisions.

the anti Brooks brigade are the same champions of Douhie who might be lucky to even get that 6 jersey back, so they are desperate for Brooks to move on
Use Douhie's money for Cobbo or Stephen Crighton and back the team with Hastings and Brooks with Madden as understudy

They can't go a day without mentioning Brooks in this thread. Sad really.

Love or hate Brooksy.

It is very difficult to justify him being our highest paid player. He is not a consistent out and out game winner..

I like Brooks but not at a mil per year or anywhere near it.

You do know Brooks isn't on a $1m a year contract right, it's actually more around the 600-700k a year contract comparative to ADs over the terms of his contract. It's just highlights how bad our cap was when he extended as his contract is backloaded.

All anyone knows is what is reported and most the time Buzz and co pull figures out of their backsides as players salaries aren't actually released.

The brooks lovers on this forum need to justify his value.

Personally I don't give a stuff about his salary. He has played for us for years. He has consistently been one of our better players. He will not get a massive contract renewal.

I'm not sold on keeping Brooks but you would be nuts to think you are going to pay him 1 million dollars a season and Hastings 500k. I can't see any club including ours being that stupid.

It might be happening right now but it won't continue.

Focusing on his salary is the wrong way to view the situation. You have to state he is worth say 500k and that is all you pay him. If he goes no worries.

I reckon he has been pretty good this season again. I'm not convinced that we retain him though. I'm 100% convinced he doesn't get a top tier contract with the Tigers again.

I still want to see a AD/Hastings halves combo.

1. Upgrade --> Laurie or Brooks.
2. David Nofoaluma
3. AJ Kepaoa
4. Starford To'a
5. Ken Maumalo

6. Adam Doueihi
7. Jackson Hastings

That backline lacks speed in the outside backs especially on the wings but with a gun fullback I reckon they'd score plenty of points.

Love or hate Brooksy.

It is very difficult to justify him being our highest paid player. He is not a consistent out and out game winner..

I like Brooks but not at a mil per year or anywhere near it.
Yep… this.
I’d be looking to extend - re-negotiate his rate… more in line with market value.

Truth is - no one knows why he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid now… he may have taken a haircut last time out so we could overspend on a heap of no ones…

Brooks is most certainly providing more value for money at the moment on 950 than our beloved Adam Doueihi is at 650.

Its been widely reported he is roughly on that amount. Get your head out of the sand.
We've got madden, AD and jacko who can play in the halves. Sure they're not on inflated amounts. I like the young kid from the Warriors too, Chanel? Few hb out there who are stuck behind regulars,
The brooks lovers on this forum need to justify his value.
You guys can't seriously think that he has been worth it for the last so many years?
Brooks gets the 100k long service discount plus I'm sure he will take a haircut at next contract if he is happy in halves with Hastings
Your man Douhie will likely be looking for the big pay day at next contract, maybe Dolphins might come knocking

We have Hastings, Brooks and Doueihi that would like to play in the halves. Maybe you can move one of them and it will work as well.

1. Is it beneficial to the team to move one of them ? Where do you move them and who misses out ? I like Doueihi in the centres but is that the right option when we have Kepaoa and To'a looking good to take those spots.
2. If option 1 isn't a good option then you have to dump one of Hastings, Brooks and AD.

You also have to look at this through the lens of the salary cap and having strike players throughout your team.

Look at Penrith. They have a gun pack with awesome edge and middle forwards, a gun hooker, gun halves and fullback plus speed out wide. They also have depth. They are also losing players consistently because it's really hard to keep a team like that together under the cap.

All I want us to do is make a decision and let those players have a good crack at that formation.

If AD is 5/8th give him the keys for this and next season, if he is a center put him there regardless of injuries/suspension/form of the halves. I just want him to own a position and the club let him do that. He is better than a utility player but he is at a junction which if he continues being that utility he will become another Peachey/Mbye etc.

Brooks is a clear one for me he is either our longer term view (meaning he remains after next season) or if not mutual release to another club occurs effective immediately & both parties move on.

Yep… this.
I’d be looking to extend - re-negotiate his rate… more in line with market value.

Truth is - no one knows why he’s getting paid what he’s getting paid now… he may have taken a haircut last time out so we could overspend on a heap of no ones…

Brooks is most certainly providing more value for money at the moment on 950 than our beloved Adam Doueihi is at 650.
Adam sidelined for 20 odd games is terrific value

Sounds good.
Whens he getting his origin call up?

This is the problem with Brooks. He is one of our better players consistently and he doesn't get injured.

He isn't that good though. We've been a crud team.

I view Laurie the same way. He was great last year and was another one of our top performers.

The question is are these the guys to take us from cellar dwellers to threatening to win the comp ?

I'm not sold on Brooks or Laurie in the team longer term. We want to win the comp.

All I want us to do is make a decision and let those players have a good crack at that formation.

If AD is 5/8th give him the keys for this and next season, if he is a center put him there regardless of injuries/suspension/form of the halves. I just want him to own a position and the club let him do that. He is better than a utility player but he is at a junction which if he continues being that utility he will become another Peachey/Mbye etc.

Brooks is a clear one for me he is either our longer term view (meaning he remains after next season) or if not mutual release to another club occurs effective immediately & both parties move on.
that also works in reverse, let Hastings and Brooks have a good crack at 6 and 7 too though

You do know Brooks isn't on a $1m a year contract right, it's actually more around the 600-700k a year contract comparative to ADs over the terms of his contract. It's just highlights how bad our cap was when he extended as his contract is backloaded.

All anyone knows is what is reported and most the time Buzz and co pull figures out of their backsides as players salaries aren't actually released.
remember it is convenient to believe Buzz Rothfield about Brooks salary as it suits the Doubie cheerleaders, but don't believe Rothfield on anything else

Kepaoa hasn’t played a game of NRL at centre - not 1…

Somehow he’s all of a sudden a given - and going to save us.
He can’t barely catch the ball, and when he does - he does something stupid with it

This is the problem with Brooks. He is one of our better players consistently and he doesn't get injured.

He isn't that good though. We've been a crud team.

I view Laurie the same way. He was great last year and was another one of our top performers.

The question is are these the guys to take us from cellar dwellers to threatening to win the comp ?

I'm not sold on Brooks or Laurie in the team longer term. We want to win the comp.
Laurie is up for contract renewal move him on for someone better then like S Crichton or Cobbo

Latest posts

Staff online

Back