Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If roosters get haas and we manage to snag Angus I personally think we’re the winners in the trade I can’t justify 1million for a prop
The makes regular headlines off the field as well and probably needs the extra income to pay the fines for all his off field indiscretions.

We need the extra attention from the media like a hole in the head and at this stage we are more desperate for a second rower than a prop anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BZN
If roosters get haas and we manage to snag Angus I personally think we’re the winners in the trade I can’t justify 1million for a prop
Agree, and I think it will happen. Chooks have offered Angus a 2 year extension, but need to offload to get it registered.

Agree, and I think it will happen. Chooks have offered Angus a 2 year extension, but need to offload to get it registered.
It does put the Rorters in a position of .. who do you go for .. Hass or resign Crichton .. ?? if they end up with both of them .. the competition is rigged .. !!

You can just read it now .. Payne Haas wants a million dollars a season as a prop .. has talks with the Rorters .. a few weeks later the Rorters get permission from the NRL to retire Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (JWH) on medical grounds as he is a threat to all ref's after Jared had a rant at referee Gerald Sutton:

"Every time, bro. Every f***king time. It's not fair.
"Every f***ing time, every time."

Now with JWH out of the Rorters they announce that they have just signed Payne Haas for $350K per season .. and they got him so cheap as he just wanted to play with a club with a winning culture .. !!
You forgot one thing…JWH moves onto a job within the football department at Bondi for about 880g per year

You pay a bloke like Adam Reynolds a million a season. He touches the ball four plays out of six, he controls your kicking game, he has a massive football IQ and he is a total pro on and off the field.
Payne H plays about 60 minutes a game and makes tackle and carts the ball up with the odd offload, and is a real liability off the paddock . No thanks but there will be clubs willing to stuff their cap to get him

😂
Realistically though, what other club would take him on?

He will not have an issue finding a club, he is a quality winger.
We would have to tip in but he would find a club with ease.
Position wise he isn't a problem for us, if we are targeting what next for Noffa over all our other challenges then we would have a bloody good team to do so.

Doesn’t look like the Broncos will give him his release. It’s one thing to release a player on compassionate grounds, like if they want to move back home, but you don’t cave if a player is money hungry. I hope they make him honour the last 2 years of his contract.
Moses was quite successful in doing that and transferring to Eels.

Yeh, I valued him at $375k the last time he was supposedly talking to Eels. I haven’t changed my mind.
I would even go just over 4 coz he is a junior and I think that should be rewarded. But it shouldn’t have to be a burden. Otherwise you need to revert back to a business decision. Anyway water under the bridge now.

Back