Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Twal is a weird one.

Watched the hit. Seem light contact to start with that knocked him out and may have had a secondary knock on impact with the ground.

Reminds me when ufc fighters loose their chin from too many head knocks and get knocked out easily.

Think he is a high probability to retirement
Nooooooo. The tab owes me to much. I need a meat pie out of him first.

Would Charlie Stains be a better option at Fullback for WT'S apparently had s good game in reggies last week and surprise surprise he wants to come.

Young Panther Charlie Staines reportedly approached the Tigers about a club switch to play fullback — and his performance on the weekend suggests No.1 is indeed his best position.

Would Charlie Stains be a better option at Fullback for WT'S apparently had s good game in reggies last week and surprise surprise he wants to come.

Young Panther Charlie Staines reportedly approached the Tigers about a club switch to play fullback — and his performance on the weekend suggests No.1 is indeed his best position.
We need a real fullback so I would be talking to him but wing is not his position.

Reactions: BZN

I'd believe he'd be a great depth player for WTs rather than Peachey. He can cover fullback and wing plus brings the commodity we lack the most - pace. At a realistic price yes.

Young kade dykes run down stains easy on the weekend I don’t know if stains is not that quick or dykes is pretty quick
Fatigue, carrying the ball all impact pace. I'd happily take both of them. I know our recruitment team in the past chased Stains. Why I like him is he has incrementally improved his game each year. The Panthers have great depth so we can assist!

Fatigue, carrying the ball all impact pace. I'd happily take both of them. I know our recruitment team in the past chased Stains. Why I like him is he has incrementally improved his game each year. The Panthers have great depth so we can assist!
Staines is woeful.

I'm sure he can improve but I don't think we're in a position to be buying more project players hoping they improve ala Jimmy the Jet, Tristan Riley and others.

I'm not a fan of this suggestion.

I think it’s not just a player in a position we need it’s a player in a position who comes from a winning team or a team up in and around the top 6 to 8 , we have a full team of players Getting beat nearly every week we need to invest some winning form into the team and Brown from Parra would be one player to look at as he would be pissed he is out of the team and told to move on he now has a point to prove offer 2 1/2 year deal now , we need to do this with Centre , 2 x backrowers , 2 x Props and these props need to be hard nosed and workers

250 meters is exactly what we need

Stains may well be a good buy , he is young and if he can play well at fullback / Wing / maybe centre he could add to our depth , Has our fullback played other positions before arriving to us from Penrith

sounds like if ciraldo is at COE again and with Hastings it would mean Barrett is coming too as an assistant

IMHO players better than Laurie are (in the order of preference):
Tedesco, T Trbojevic, Ponga, Walsh.

All other NRL FBs are either as good or behind Laurie.🐅
No way man, not a chance this is correct.
Ryan Papenhuyzen, Dylan Edwards, Scott Drinkwater, Latrell Mitchell, Will Kennedy, Clint Gutherson, AJ Brimson are all better in every aspect. The rest are on par at worst.

Very hard for any players at the club to improve under the circumstances surrounding the coach, mid year reviews, injuries, and general lack of direction. The talk is always about the future never addressing the now. Is it any wonder players move on who want it now. Most clubs are talking about week to week we are always talking about 3 years time and have been every time we bring in a new coach.

No they wouldn't.
How many offloads through the middle has he latched onto at pace?
It's usually a hooker or another forward there.
How often is he the guy trying to make the last tackle when the try is scored - Barely ever.
Souths put 4 odd tries on the left... He barely made it there in time to help them celebrate.... Like he doesn't even know how his own uncle plays!!

He's not an elite fullback - He's just not....
He's not even mid table.... Unfortunately for us - He just isn't.
I don't know anyone outside a few voices here that think he is.

Do I hope he comes good - Of course I do...
Do I have blind faith in it - F**K NO!!
Do I want us in the market for a real fullback... As of today - yes I do!!
while Laurie isn't Tedesco ATM, IMHO he is about 14th issue we need to fix, there are many more glaring holes which are being around from the time of Tedesco, and even Hodgson!
And while we may fool ourselves with "lets get a "proper" FB NOW", these issues are conveniently overlooked and pushed to the lowest drawer.

Latest posts

Back