Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We probably wont do it, but... id for sure take a look at that swap with Newcastle, i honestly dont see much drop if we lose Brooks and replace him with Madden. and at the same time bolster our forward stocks with Klemmer, would be stupid not to enquire on it atleast.

Super club Wests Tigers helping out struggling minnows like the Melbourne Storm & Sydney Roosters. ;)
But really .. what do we get out of these types transfers / loans .. ?? Financial gains .. player swaps .. or what .. ??

Woods and Klemmer meant to be great mates from NSW days... maybe he can make Woods better again...??
Woods is past his use by date, he might get a run in England. Woods should not even be considered, I am sure we already have plenty of lazy players who would be willing to reverse slowly into the opposition then stroll back into the line.

Gus needs to remember he’s the employee of an NRL club. This constant sniping and criticism of how other clubs manage their affairs is unprofessional. If he wants to be a pundit he should go back to being a full time commentator.
Absolutely spot on. It's outrageous how, as a paid club employee, he can make comments and potentially disrupt the affairs of other clubs.

The club has a perfect chance to "deal" with the Brooks dilemma: Straight swap Brooks for Klemmer - extend Klemmer till 2025 on $600kpa...sign Madden up for 3 years
That would significantly strengthen our side in 2023. It seems plausible given both players are currently on “overs” with 1 year to go in their contracts. It’s a win for everyone.

Personally, I'm hoping this is just a front to increase the percentage the other team, be that Knights or Dolphins or Dogs, are willing to contribute to his salary from '23 onwards. If we make the right noises around keeping him, i.e. define his role moving forward, that increases his perceived value to us.

Totally agree,

Best outcome for Brooks himself is to freshen up at a new club, I sincerely hope this happens for his sake.

He has been doing all he can at a club in turmoil for a long time.

Why Perpetuate???

Because the Sheens comments on Brooks are nonsense. Brooks shouldn't be at the Tigers beyond 2023 and certainly on his reported salary.
There has been no statement from the club about his contract (as it should be). Any decision about Brooks' future I'm happy to let Sheens, Marshall and Farah make.

Sheens' comments about Brooks related to the style of play adopted by the former coach. This is the former coach that many on this forum supported. He also made mention of Brooks' performance under Cleary in 2018.

I posted that the playing group should be judged after it has had the opportunity to be exposed to the coaching of the new coach. The square peg round hole comment resonates. Many on this forum had negative views on the playing group but there appears to be plenty of life and optimism left in the group.

I think Madden is rolling the dice. We win in the next few weeks his stocks rise, we lose and he goes back to being a reserve grade quality signing. His manager is getting us much as he can out of last weeks win.
Nothing wrong with that approach....he doesn't have to rush to sign...he holds all the cards..Madden will get what he wants, to play regular first grade, in 2023, either here or with another club...

Absolutely spot on. It's outrageous how, as a paid club employee, he can make comments and potentially disrupt the affairs of other clubs.
Funny how u all condem GUS for sticking his nose in other clubs business , but I don’t remember seeing any one pull the rosters coach up for calling the manly 7 out for not wanting to wear the rainbow jersey,

Sheens has made two public statements on Brooks. Why continue to perpetuate this nonsense?
When you’re selling an old car you don’t point out all the reasons you want to get rid of it. You talk about why you’d want to keep it. That’s exactly what’s happening here.

If Sheens said Luke is not in our plans the amount we get from anyone else drops

Funny how u all condem GUS for sticking his nose in other clubs business , but I don’t remember seeing any one pull the rosters coach up for calling the manly 7 out for not wanting to wear the rainbow jersey,
Possibly becvause that was a one-off whereas Gould is starting to make a habit of it.

Reactions: 851
Back