Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Will be interesting to see how the media portray this - last week Its poor poor IP doesn't want to go to WT - they should let him stay at Parra - no doubt this one will read WT agitating for KT to break his contract with Manly and NRL should come down heavy on WT.
AM I ALLOWED TO ADD OUR POLE TO THAT LIST OR IS THAT TO EARLY?

Will be interesting to see how the media portray this - last week Its poor poor IP doesn't want to go to WT - they should let him stay at Parra - no doubt this one will read WT agitating for KT to break his contract with Manly and NRL should come down heavy on WT.
I assume Manly took their time getting the contract to him maybe change the goal post.

And yet with all his bad judgements and poor team selections he is still the only coach in the club’s history to get us into the finals. Strange that must just be luck on his part
I could say yes, and have people agree with me, it was a whole lot of luck, the game was designed for open attacking play at the time, he had Benji and Prince on fire, and Hodgo and Farah, the whole team lifted, it was a quite the coincidence it all happened mid season.
I am sure Sheens was doing a lot behind the scenes as well, but if you think his team selections are good, I really don't know what games you watched, as it went on for around 4 years of horrible team selections after we won the comp

Sorry mate, disagree. Manly did ecourage Aloiai to break his contract and Parramatta did the same with Moses and Matterson but that just shows they're scum. We should play it hard with contracts, but legal. For example, we should not let Pappy backflip under any circumstances but let's not get down in the dirt with the scum.
Can't take a knife to a gunfight,if that's the rule others are playing by weve gotta adapt

Fair call. I reckon he still goes good and if we replace Easter Island Head with Klem for couple of years I reckon that’s an improvement costs more but you get more and no to woods.
Like it all...particularly Easter island...!

Spot on re: contracts…as for the Brooks contract, fact: Brooks could not stand Madge and his footy philosophies, now that Madge is gone there is a belief that under Sheens and Benji, Brooks will recapture his 2019 form….it’s quite a strategic (and smart) play by the club…they offer Brooks 3 years till 2025 at $766 per year…now, if Brooks is committed to the club, he will take it, if Brooks wants to test the market, the club has put a market value of $766 on his head, if he signs elsewhere after Nov 1st from the clubs perspective so be it…
I have been saying Brooks hates Madge for ages and was shot down as a Madge hater

Spot on re: contracts…as for the Brooks contract, fact: Brooks could not stand Madge and his footy philosophies, now that Madge is gone there is a belief that under Sheens and Benji, Brooks will recapture his 2019 form….it’s quite a strategic (and smart) play by the club…they offer Brooks 3 years till 2025 at $766 per year…now, if Brooks is committed to the club, he will take it, if Brooks wants to test the market, the club has put a market value of $766 on his head, if he signs elsewhere after Nov 1st from the clubs perspective so be it…

Brooks' 2018 (I think you mean 2018) form is still not nearly worth $750k. It's the biggest myth in football.

We came 9th and scored the second least points in the league apart from wooden spooners Parra. They won 6 games and score 374 pts. We scored 377.

He was average that year. He got a bunch of Dally M points he didn't deserve. We won close games in fluky ways and we were among the worst teams in the comp that year and our attack for most of the year was quite pitiful - in large part due to Brooks' impotence. He has been reserve grade standard for the majority of his career and his career highlight was a season where he was generously, maybe the 7th or 8th best halfback in the league.

He is simply not worth remotely close to 750k. 300k to be a backup half and potentially play some 14? Good with me. But 3 years at 750k a year is a deadset joke for a guy who would struggle to make first grade at any other team in the comp and most certainly not for any team that has a serious desire to play finals footy.

This always seems to be the general consensus of opinion in the media and among many fans when we win or play well, the other side was terrible, had an off day.

Admittedly in both cases mistakes were made by both sides, was this because we forced the opposition into errors or did they just take us too lightly, were they rushing and trying to score on every play thinking that they were going to put a cricket score on us?

It's all too easy to say that they played badly but it is pretty rare for anyone to admit that Wests Tigers were the better side on the day or that they played really well.

Forget about those 2 games, take a look at the game against the 'Riff in round 18. We get ridiculed for losing to a Penrith side that has 7 State of Origin players out.

Forget about the Paul Kent type of criticism and hate that pieces of shit like him dish up and look at the facts.

The game ends up 3 tries a piece and the difference is a goal kick losing by a mere 2 points (18-16 scoreline) which in traditional Wests Tigers style, we are leading and lose the lead with 5 or so minutes to go.

Their try scorers, Tago, Kikau and Fisher Harris, 3 of their star players that are still in the team that would get a run in just about any top 17, and there are still even more players playing in that game that get a run as first picks in most teams

The 7 players that are out are replaced by so called reserve graders many of which would probable get a run as first picks in our top 17.

Basically, what I am saying is that their reserve graders are way better than our reserve graders and in many cases better than our first graders.

We run out with a team for most of the year that is probably missing somewhere close to 7 of our so called top pick players but barely a mention ever in the media of our horrific injury toll or suspensions, yet if the top of the ladder teams have players out for whatever reason, the hand wringing and hysteria is never ending.

The reality is that the biggest scores we have had put on us this year have been in the 30's, not 50 type blow outs that we have tended to suffer in previous seasons, then there were some really close heart breakers that should have gone our way with either some smart game management or the fact that there were dud and possibly corrupt calls going against us.

I can be as critical as anyone on here of our team when they perform poorly, and there is nothing wrong with that because you need to be realistic, but I think they deserve a bit of credit when they put in a good performance.
I talk about all the things you have mentioned, & if you take a look at certain things, you will notice in a huge percentage of our games its the tigers that give the first penalty, and when they bring in a new rule, we are the first team they penalise for it. And it was only a few weeks ago we got penalised for not putting ball into scrum before time ran out. I don't recollect seeing any other team penalised for that, seen the time run out in plenty of games, but not seen penalties given.

Brooks' 2018 (I think you mean 2018) form is still not nearly worth $750k. It's the biggest myth in football.

We came 9th and scored the second least points in the league apart from wooden spooners Parra. They won 6 games and score 374 pts. We scored 377.

He was average that year. He got a bunch of Dally M points he didn't deserve. We won close games in fluky ways and we were among the worst teams in the comp that year and our attack for most of the year was quite pitiful - in large part due to Brooks' impotence. He has been reserve grade standard for the majority of his career and his career highlight was a season where he was generously, maybe the 7th or 8th best halfback in the league.

He is simply not worth remotely close to 750k. 300k to be a backup half and potentially play some 14? Good with me. But 3 years at 750k a year is a deadset joke for a guy who would struggle to make first grade at any other team in the comp and most certainly not for any team that has a serious desire to play finals footy.
I think you underestimate how much halves are worth on the current market,while 2018 brooks wasn't really elite he was at least a solid first grade half.

Granted brooks hasn't played anything close to that since 2020 so hid market rate is probably around 500k give or take a 100

Its funny that our biggest issue is go forward and yet one of the best at going forward still in the prime years could be available but hey he is bog average & not good enough for us.

If Klemmer becomes available we would be nuts not to put our hat in the ring.

Provided the price is right would love him here

Klemmers 800k is same as Brooks 900k...they're both paid way more than they're worth.based on legacy expectations that they wld each develop into world class...they didnt ...and never will
Haas,Paapali ,Junior Tupou ,Bromwich etc arent getting 800 k atm and Klemmer isnt close to the same league as those current elite soo and international props
About 550 k ito 600 k is market for Klem..certainly less than what were paying Paps and Api.
He,like Brooks,need to re-adjust their $ expectations or rely on incumbent club to top up next year if wanting to play elsewhere
Which is why a neat swap between the 2 makes sense for next year
After that,each one gets market value for 2024

Back