Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

They read the forum and write shit in the paper example below -
Tigers knock back Klemmer trade
17:09
Wests Tigers deny they are in trade negotiations with Newcastle over axed prop David Klemmer.
Klemmer has been dropped by the Knights this week, who said it was punishment for yelling at a trainer, but rumours are circulating the Hunter club is trying to offload the former Origin star.
One suggestion was Klemmer could go to the Tigers, in exchange for halfback Luke Brooks.
But Sydney Morning Herald journalist Christian Nicolussi tweeted incoming Tigers coach Tim Sheens denied that was an option.
Journalists might read the forum but there are plenty on this forum who will continue posting about this nonsensical "swap".

How many trades happen in the NRL ?

That is how much chance there is that the club is trying to trade Brooks assuming they are looking to re-sign him.

Thinking they take Brooks. We pay part of his salary but take a player too to sweeten the deal. Even if it's a prospect player similar to toa.

Thinking they take Brooks. We pay part of his salary but take a player too to sweeten the deal. Even if it's a prospect player similar to toa.
I posted this earlier but look at the conundrum now facing the club. We're imo in no position to be trading players.

Doueihi - 6 games back from second ACL - good player but a risk.
Hastings - a 13 but long rehab and outcome to be determined.
Madden - good player still learning but unsigned.
Brooks - good player and signed.

I posted this earlier but look at the conundrum now facing the club. We're imo in no position to be trading players.

Brooks is replaceable

He got replaced at 7...
Then at 6...

Then Sheens came in and saved him with the "three pronged attack" idea.

Now Madden is showing us how a real #7 should play.

Smart move by Sheens tho.

Let's wait and see with Madden. Madden has his shot now. It been one game so we can't get too ahead of ourselves.

Half backs do not grow on trees.

Smart move by Sheens tho.

Let's wait and see with Madden. Madden has his shot now. It been one game so we can't get too ahead of ourselves.

Half backs do not grow on trees.
Agree.. Lets see how Madden goes over the last few weeks before we class him as better half.
He is cheaper but the main focus is on Hastings and AD IMO

I think it's pretty obvious the club has decided that the best case scenario is Brooks stays with the club for the next 3 seasons and that is it. He can then choose to retire a one club player.

If they wanted to get rid of him I think they wouldn't sign him up now.

I think it's pretty obvious the club has decided that the best case scenario is Brooks stays with the club for the next 3 seasons and that is it. He can then choose to retire a one club player.

If they wanted to get rid of him I think they wouldn't sign him up now.

Idk a few jurnos think Brooks has had enough

It goes like this Paws.

1. Doueihi - by a mile.
2. Hastings - a different player to Doueihi but pretty important.
3. Brooks - miles off Hastings
4. Madden - pretty close to Brooks.

Idk a few jurnos think Brooks has had enough

How many trades like this have happened in the NRL ? Can anyone think of any ?

I can think of Grant for Momo for 1 year and letting Momo go early for Laurie. These trades were nothing like Brooks 3 year contract to somewhere.

Now Brooks is being offered a 3 year contract. You can't even talk with players until November prior to the last year of their contract.

It just looks like the club has decided the 3 halves approach is where they want to go and they want Brooks in the team.

How many trades like this have happened in the NRL ? Can anyone think of any ?

I can think of Grant for Momo for 1 year and letting Momo go early for Laurie to also go Laurie. These trades were nothing like Brooks 3 year contract to somewhere,

Now Brooks is being offered a 3 year contract. You can't even talk with players until November prior to the last year of their contract.

It just looks like the club has decided the 3 halves approach is where they want to go and they want Brooks in the team.
We're letting Nofo and Oli play elsewhere.

We're letting Nofo and Oli play elsewhere.

This proves my point. They aren't trades. We are giving players away we currently don't want.

We have also apparently offered Brooks a contract to keep him here for 3 years on reasonable dollars.

Maybe I'm reading the situation incorrectly. I have no inside info.

From listening to Sheens this is a way to decrease Brooks salary to more reasonable levels for next year and retain him to play a game where we have 2 running halves (one on each side) and Hastings managing the middle of the field.

They read the forum and write shit in the paper example below -
Tigers knock back Klemmer trade
17:09
Wests Tigers deny they are in trade negotiations with Newcastle over axed prop David Klemmer.
Klemmer has been dropped by the Knights this week, who said it was punishment for yelling at a trainer, but rumours are circulating the Hunter club is trying to offload the former Origin star.
One suggestion was Klemmer could go to the Tigers, in exchange for halfback Luke Brooks.
But Sydney Morning Herald journalist Christian Nicolussi tweeted incoming Tigers coach Tim Sheens denied that was an option.
He also denied he would coach us again too lol

This proves my point. They aren't trades. We are giving players away we currently don't want.

We have also apparently offered Brooks a contract to keep him here for 3 years on reasonable dollars.

Maybe I'm reading the situation incorrectly. I have no inside info.

From listening to Sheens this is a way to decrease Brooks salary to more reasonable levels for next year and retain him to play a game where we have 2 running halves (one on each side) and Hastings managing the middle of the field.
Yep.

In Sheens we trust
🤣😅

Latest posts

Back