Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It goes like this Paws.

1. Doueihi - by a mile.
2. Hastings - a different player to Doueihi but pretty important.
3. Brooks - miles off Hastings
4. Madden - pretty close to Brooks.
The reason for my listing was to highlight WTs is not in a position to consider swapping any player, let alone a half.

I attached no priority as to which player is more valuable.

I see a role for all players at WTs.

Sad to say for Hastings, the WTs will have to wait to see how he recovers. Note Sheens views Hastings as a 13 only.

We are stupid for entertaining the idea of extending Brooks but it will be interesting to see what his decision will be. If he thinks he is a great halfback like some on here do, then one would think he will move on to another club. If he stays even on a reduced wage then I think that would say a lot. He knows he is overpaid, he is not up there with most of the other halves in the comp and will stay knowing that he won't be playing reserve grade here.

Reactions: 851
We are stupid for entertaining the idea of extending Brooks but it will be interesting to see what his decision will be. If he thinks he is a great halfback like some on here do, then one would think he will move on to another club. If he stays even on a reduced wage then I think that would say a lot. He knows he is overpaid, he is not up there with most of the other halves in the comp and will stay knowing that he won't be playing reserve grade here.
Is this like the case with Chris Lawrence, who re-jigged his contract to stretch over a longer time to benefit the club?

I support Brooks but am happy to let Sheens, Marshall and Farah determine his future. Why aren't you able to accept the decision of the independent arbiter on Brooks' future? Is it the realisation that he is actually very good and you and the others are wrong?

Just read that 4 other clubs are interested in signing Madden. Penrith, Newcastle, titans and cronulla. We need to get this sorted urgently, being reported he will make a decision in the next week or so on his playing future.
At Cronulla the supporters are of the view he wouldn't even be acquired for depth and this is his manager attempting to drum up business. At Penrith it is a dead end. And who would want to be at the Titans and Knights with the ongoing coaching dramas?

Just read that 4 other clubs are interested in signing Madden. Penrith, Newcastle, titans and cronulla. We need to get this sorted urgently, being reported he will make a decision in the next week or so on his playing future.
This makes no sense, he would be in the same position with all them teams as he is here , these rumours are put out by his manager to get him a upgraded contract here .

Don’t feed into the the rubbish being portrayed about Hastings being a question mark due to his injury.

It’s a similar injury to what Laurie did last year and he’ll miss 1 less game than Luke Brooks given he played on the weekend.
It’s taken Daine Laurie 12 months to get back to playing his best footy.

While you may technically be right about the number of games you really can’t compare a torn calf to a broken leg that requires surgery.

The fact Hastings isn’t a player who relies on his speed or agility probably makes it a little bit easier to come back from but he’s going to miss the majority of the off-season which is less than ideal.

This makes no sense, he would be in the same position with all them teams as he is here , these rumours are put out by his manager to get him a upgraded contract here .
Maybe, maybe not, though the fact that Madden is unsigned with less than a month of the regular season left remains.

As I have stated a while back, don't have a problem with him being re-signed as a backup half, and seems obvious that the whole NRL club wise sees things similarly.

not as starting halfback they are not except Newcastle and Gold Coast.
Penrith and cronulla he would be back up like he will be here if he signs for 2023

if Newcastle do not get a 7 next year they finish last
if they want to ride out 2023 with a 10 game first grader like Madden go for it.
do not give them Brooks
2023 needs to be
7. Brooks
6. douhie
13. Hastings
We can share the bottom of the table with them, persisting with Brooks.

Staff online

Back