Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

There were plenty who said Burton and Hynes would struggle outside their current clubs, I was not one of them, I was all in on both
I’ve said it before , but not here. These guys will achieve less than expected.

Not sure but I think it will be someone already under contract so no one will expect it.
Sheen's just has a way of making things happen and ex-players love him and speak very highly of him.
I can only see someone being released if a club is under cap pressure to retain a big name player.
Like if the Broncos go all out for Haas they might have to offload a quality player.
That could be an interesting scenario.

Tedesco speaks regularly with Marshall, and the Tigers’ legend even reached out to him about a homecoming.
“Benji lives down the road from me, and before he was even announced as head coach at the Tigers, he texted me about coming back,” Tedesco said.

“I never thought he was serious at the time. He was appointed coach and then all these stories came out about me [returning].
“I’m close with Benji but I’m very happy at the Roosters. Robbo also signed on for another five years this year, and that’s a big factor for me. He’s the best coach I’ve ever had. I can’t thank him enough for not only what he does for my game and confidence on the field, but how he has helped me as a leader off the field.”

The SS Teddy sailed some time ago!

If we weren't on the hook for Brooks on near 1 million and our club's idiotic infatuation with him, we definitely could've had one of Burton or Hynes.

Could you imagine Burton on the left, Doueihi on the right, Hastings at lock and Koroisau at 9. What a spine that would be.

Not a fan of the Dylan Brown talk. I think he's a good player, but simply not consistent enough in attack to be getting premium dollar. You can't pay a guy 800k+ if they're not going to be the best player in the spine. Parra still runs through Moses/Gutherson/Mahoney more than it does Brown so the hope would be that he'd have to kick his game another gear.

If we weren't on the hook for Brooks on near 1 million and our club's idiotic infatuation with him, we definitely could've had one of Burton or Hynes.

Could you imagine Burton on the left, Doueihi on the right, Hastings at lock and Koroisau at 9. What a spine that would be.

Not a fan of the Dylan Brown talk. I think he's a good player, but simply not consistent enough in attack to be getting premium dollar. You can't pay a guy 800k+ if they're not going to be the best player in the spine. Parra still runs through Moses/Gutherson/Mahoney more than it does Brown so the hope would be that he'd have to kick his game another gear.
Brooks has a long service discount so offer 700k it is 500k on your cap

Last edited:
A lot of people are getting too carried away with what the jersey means.

6 and 7 are jerseys. They don't mean "halfback" or "five-eighth" anymore. For many teams its left half and right half. If Hastings is in the 13, he's our first receiver and for all intents and purposes, our halfback. Just defends in the middle. Then our 6 & 7 would play as two second-receivers/"five-eighths".

If you put Tamou in the number 2 jersey and played him up the middle all game, would he be a winger? No.

"The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Panthers have begun talks with Madden and are hoping to lure him to Penrith as Sean O’Sullivan’s replacement."

Madden would be crazy not to jump at the opportunity imo
I agree. He will pretty much be in exactly the same position at both clubs. If all signs are pointing to Sheens preferring to stick with Doueihi and Brooks as preferred halves.
Why not be an understudy to another set of halves in a team that is very well built and coordinated.
Actually he probably plays more first grade going there as the trend Ivan has developed is to not rush back his origin players. Either Nathan or Leuli will miss about 5 games at least each year.

If past trends continue at the Pawwawakker Seals they’ll be our BIT@hs for at least 6.5 years , just short of the seven years bad luck.

Latest posts

Back