Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

A lot of people are getting too carried away with what the jersey means.

6 and 7 are jerseys. They don't mean "halfback" or "five-eighth" anymore. For many teams its left half and right half. If Hastings is in the 13, he's our first receiver and for all intents and purposes, our halfback. Just defends in the middle. Then our 6 & 7 would play as two second-receivers/"five-eighths".

If you put Tamou in the number 2 jersey and played him up the middle all game, would he be a winger? No.
I don't quite agree, particularly with the Hastings role. Well, at least after his initial week in the middle, when he did still try to play the halfback role too much.

For mine it worked much better in the following weeks when Hastings himself stated that he moved further into the true ball playing lock role, with Brooks the halfback before injury and then Madden, before the hip drop also put Jackson out for the year.

Reckon that this role, the one he was originally signed for is important in the current game, so a replacement needs to be found if Hastings doesn't want to stay.

Brooks has a long service discount so offer 700k it is 500k on your cap
Apart from him and Nofoaluma, does any other of our players qualify for the cap allowance next season?

Has to be a major consideration in who comes and goes when considering player values, as an extra $200k not included in the basic cap is not to be sneezed at.

There were plenty who said Burton and Hynes would struggle outside their current clubs, I was not one of them, I was all in on both
Mate you have two types of players who come out of good systems. You have the creative type and you have the players who gained their reputation feeding off the creative players.
The creative ones can transfer their skills anywhere but the other ones can struggle at new clubs.

Burton and Hynes were definitely in the first category

Reactions: 851
Apart from him and Nofoaluma, does any other of our players qualify for the cap allowance next season?

Has to be a major consideration in who comes and goes when considering player values, as an extra $200k not included in the basic cap is not to be sneezed at.
Ronnie Palmer, his services must be free by now. That energy dust of his isn't cheap you know.

If Brooks plays for us in 2023 we have to pay him $1.1 mill we can't tell him here is 700 k take it or leave it .We are legally bound to pay amount in his contract . What we could try and do is extend his contract to end 2025 and offer say 2.3 mill or so .He would have to agree to it . IMO after 9 years he's not worth it and we lose Madden who might turn out to be a star .With Madden we have an extra $1mill +++ to try and attract a top class center .We need someone like a Ramien or a Staggs desperately

T
Liam martin?
Wils
I don't rate Madden, but Brooks has had 9 seasons and delivered diddly squat, I think we should move both on
Agree Thinking ouside the box and a realistic chance Drew Hutchinson or Bryce Cartwright to accompany Doueihi
They would be a reasonable price, both ball players "eyes up" both have 50 plus games, bigger bodies and drew can kick as well.
Tim/ Benji projects!!

There were plenty who said Burton and Hynes would struggle outside their current clubs, I was not one of them, I was all in on both
So was i. also tipped Hynes for NSW side at the start of the year,-just missed out.

Reactions: 851

it is just nofo and Brooks that's it

This has probably been mentioned a number of times before so apologies for the stupid question - how many spots do we actually have available in the top 30 next year (assuming we can't dislodge any of the contracted players we don't want)? I've counted 2 spots.

Does anyone know whats happening with Tommy T and Blore ?
They can sign elsewhere now but might not be wanted

This has probably been mentioned a number of times before so apologies for the stupid question - how many spots do we actually have available in the top 30 next year (assuming we can't dislodge any of the contracted players we don't want)? I've counted 2 spots.
I have 3 spots

Back