Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This is what ive been talking about, East have the ultimate team, pretty much 3 or 4 of them are worth over a million A season, the rest are all worth over half a million, and Any player they want to retain they do.
It was known that Crighton was not resigned by east yet.
before any other club can make a bid for him East have him sewn up again, how did they know how much he wanted. Or what other clubs would be willing to pay him, but their offer to him was good enough, that he saw no reason to even test the market for his own value.
Then negotiate with east???

THE QUESTION I KEEP ASKING IS HOW COME NONE OF THESE BIG NAME PLAYERS ARE NOT MADE OFFERS OR EVEN CONSIDER OFFERS FROM OTHER CLUBS. THAT WE HEAR OF.

IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME CORRECTLY WHEN TEDASCO LEFT OUR CLUB, HE LEFT WITH AN UNSIGNED, LONG TERM CONTRACT AT OUR CLUB THAT WAS WORTH OVER 1 MIL A SEASON REFUSED BY HIM TO GO TO ROOSTERS FOR $650000 A SEASON BY RORTERS, BECAUSE MORE CHANCE TO WIN GRAND FINAL WITH RORTERS THAN TIGERS, AND GOING BY THE MAN NICK POLITIS, HE WANTED CHANCE TO WIN G/F

SO WE ARE TO BELIEVE TEDDY WAS WILLING TO THROW AWAY 1 AND A HALF MILLION
FOR A 4 YEAR CONTRACT.

AND SBW WAS OFFERED 1ML A SEASON TO PLAY UNION FOR NZ, BUT BECAUSE HIS PERSONAL FRIEND NICK AT EAST WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH HIS TEAM AND COULD ONLY AFFORD $650000 A SEASON, SONNY KNOCKED NZ BACK, AND AGAIN ORDINARY FOLK ARE FEAD THIS INFORMATION.

THE SKY IS FALLING TYPE OF STUFF, NRL IF YOUR ASSOCIATION HAS ANY INTEGRITY AT ALL LEFT, HOW ABOUT AN OPEN INVESTIGATION OF EAST SALARY CAP

That will not happen,there is a very valid reason it is called the

National
Rooster
League

the game has lost a lot of its appeal since the 2 ref, bunker days.
The game has never been the same since they decommissioned the corner posts as being out of bounds.

And the in goal referees.

We had 2 refs, 2 touch judges and 2 in goal referees and they still missed coat hanger tackles ever week.

But the venerable corner post, it never failed in its critical mission.

And there’s no comfortable post game career for the old corner post. Usually stolen by kids and used as swords or jousting games on dragster or bmx bikes.

Last edited:
Is this full strength 2023 ?

1 Daine Laurie
2 Starford Toa (Nofo, IF he returns)
3 AJ Kepoa
4 Brent Naden
5 Ken Maumalo
6 Adam Douihei
7 Jock Madden or Luke Brooks
8 Joe Ofahengauie
9 Api Korosau
10 Stefano Utoikamanu
11 Shawn Blore
12 Isahia Papali'i
13 Jackson Hastings

14 Alex Twal
15 Fonua Pole
16 Zane Musgrove
17 Alex Seyfarth / Tommy Talau
musgrove & seyfarth shouldn't be near the team imo

The Dogs will be moving players on to accommodate all their signings. Not that a Dog’s reject is anything to get excited about, but I get the feeling the big Pom will be in our colours next year And maybe one other. The way our roster is shaping for 2023 any regular FG would be welcome.

We just need a few troops to at least give us some hope of having a outside chance of the eight, at present we are hoping API and Papi might save us from back to back spoons

Tigers have been the most reckless club at signing players Brooks $960k ave
Mbye $900k also huge money $800 k to joey L Josh R Russell P and more bad signings in fact the Peachy $375 small by comparison .
Its no wonder with all that cap spent on players that spent much of their time
on the bench or Reggie's no wonder we struggle
I noticed you left your winger off that list

With Api coming to WT in 2023 and he can play 80 mins could Nu Brown play Lock and Hastings back to the halves.

Still prefer AD in the Centres.

Love to know Forum Member's insightful opinions.

If you want more recent data tim did coach the all star England team to win against the England team.

1 rep game….
Where the players from the superior hemisphere beat the players from the inferior hemisphere..,
Like they do most years that game is on?

You’re taking the piss now - surely….

Why leave out the other clubs where he failed and was sacked?
- including ours

Reactions: 851
With Api coming to WT in 2023 and he can play 80 mins could Nu Brown play Lock and Hastings back to the halves.

Still prefer AD in the Centres.

Love to know Forum Member's insightful opinions.

I would have though Nu Brown / Peachey was the obvious replacement for Hastings when he went down with the boys coming in at Hooker…

But nope - they went full 180… worked a treat

Aaron woods I reckon
Im actually heart broken with the Club.

The effort being shown by the club is deserving of coming last.

I wish the players and employees would care as much as we do.
Pity we don’t have the chance to ask WTF questions to TS,LH and JP directly. Everyone keeps saying that they are concerned for the fans. Well then walk the talk !
One proper question each where we might get an answer to our concerns. Be it on here or a fan question day. We could put our heads together and work out 20 major questions.
Would at least stop endless speculation on this site.
If you are watching Tigers heirachy then please respond. Our hearts are aching for WT to succeed.
Yes, I know I’m probably dreaming.

1 rep game….
Where the players from the superior hemisphere beat the players from the inferior hemisphere..,
Like they do most years that game is on?

You’re taking the piss now - surely….

Why leave out the other clubs where he failed and was sacked?
- including ours
Just like you leave out all the good he has done.

Our club has certainly only been worse since he left.

You do you mate, I happened to get back into footy when Sheens was at Tigers and glad to have seen the 05, 2010 periods for the club. I am still a fan because of these periods.

I've had enough with the club like everyone else up until Sheens was appointed.

The club has stunk year after year without him.

I don't think sheens has ever lost it, again, the England game you scoff at some expects mentioned the England coach as a WT coach candidate but again with a lesser named team with less resources sheens beat England. If you watched the game you'd see modern game tactics were used. I highly doubt you even watched the game.

Corruption, corruption, corruption at the highest level.
Because the NRL crooks have promised their Tycoon friends that they will not change a thing and make the NRL a level playing field.
A fair salary cap system does not exist, it is just a mockery.

The corruption in the NRL is rife,
And even when the unexpected team seems like they are going to win a game or even worse, after the game, their Crook refs, will make sure that the unexpected result does not occur.
What I can't understand is there was a feeling in the rugby league circles that when clubs like Western Suburbs and Balmain were going good then the state of the game was also very healthy. This can be reinforced by the fact that a huge following of WT fans view games on the TV and when WT won in 05 Fox and 9 smashed the ratings.
Since a huge amount of revenue comes from fox and the 9 network you would think that the NRL would be doing it's utmost to help clubs like us survive.
Instead they allow us to be media cannon fodder to fox and struggle maintaining an honest salary cap.

What I can't understand is there was a feeling in the rugby league circles that when clubs like Western Suburbs and Balmain were going good then the state of the game was also very healthy. This can be reinforced by the fact that a huge following of WT fans view games on the TV and when WT won in 05 Fox and 9 smashed the ratings.
Since a huge amount of revenue comes from fox and the 9 network you would think that the NRL would be doing it's utmost to help clubs like us survive.
Instead they allow us to be media cannon fodder to fox and struggle maintaining an honest salary cap.
Spot on Cobar,
It would be similar to the corrupt government when they sell the many valuable public assets, short term gains but not realising or denying the long term pains.

Just like you leave out all the good he has done.

Our club has certainly only been worse since he left.

You do you mate, I happened to get back into footy when Sheens was at Tigers and glad to have seen the 05, 2010 periods for the club. I am still a fan because of these periods.

I've had enough with the club like everyone else up until Sheens was appointed.

The club has stunk year after year without him.

I don't think sheens has ever lost it, again, the England game you scoff at some expects mentioned the England coach as a WT coach candidate but again with a lesser named team with less resources sheens beat England. If you watched the game you'd see modern game tactics were used. I highly doubt you even watched the game.
I didn't leave it out
- I just fully realise and acknowledge that it was a VERY long time ago....
And am cautious in the fact he never backed it up.
Something you seem to not be interested in referencing.

Just a reminder, His winning record as a coach over his career (Which has been sporadic at best - for the last 10 years) is less than 45%....
With a team of Raiders internationals and winning a comp with us.

You want to hang your hat and hopes on that - You go right ahead...
- Another reminder, Mick Potters is north of 50%...
(But our captain didn't like him either)

You back Sheens endlessly - He's done nothing of substance in recent memory....
I'm hopeful - Don't get me wrong....
You're delusional.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back