Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'd love to be a talent scout, surely I could find someone.
I would base myself somewhere in Samoa. I'm done with PNG. I worked there for toooo long and over it.

A change of a few words to a D Trump classic.

If you build a spine, they will come.

TSK🔮

Souths offered Keary $800,000 and he went to the Roosters for more. At the time, Mitchell Pearce was their highest paid player. They also had Jayden Nikorima on about $500k. They then got Cronk for a reported $1m. There's at least $3m just in halves before they punted Pearce, although Cronk was signed before Pearce left so he still counted against the salary cap and the NRL approved the Cronk signing. They were also paying for Cordner, Friend, Teddy and JWH. I'll be generous and say that's another 2.5m. So over half the cap on 8 players leaves 4.5 m to share between the other 22, which averages out to about 200k each. That's for blokes like Aubusson, Furguson, Latrell, Kenny-Dowell etc. They've always been cheats.

Keary didn’t leave south’s for more money at the Roosters - he had a falling out with Rusty, we’ll reported at the time. Was considering Union before he got a shock call from Robbo…

View attachment 2341

I'll just leave this here......
Souths offered Keary $800,000 and he went to the Roosters for more. At the time, Mitchell Pearce was their highest paid player. They also had Jayden Nikorima on about $500k. They then got Cronk for a reported $1m. There's at least $3m just in halves before they punted Pearce, although Cronk was signed before Pearce left so he still counted against the salary cap and the NRL approved the Cronk signing. They were also paying for Cordner, Friend, Teddy and JWH. I'll be generous and say that's another 2.5m. So over half the cap on 8 players leaves 4.5 m to share between the other 22, which averages out to about 200k each. That's for blokes like Aubusson, Furguson, Latrell, Kenny-Dowell etc. They've always been cheats.
Keary left Souths because of his fallout with Rusty Crowe. His original deal with Chooks was less than his Souths deal. The deal with Roosters was more about sticking it up Souths than it was about money.

Sharks would have lots of players under the $500K mark. They don't have many players on big money. Fifita, Finucane, Hynes and McInnes are their highest paid players, and only Fifita is on massive coin. Finucane and Hynes reported around the $600-700K mark.

They also have a large crop of young players, who are playing well and are only on their first or second contracts. Those guys would be cheap. Easy to balance a cap when you have youth coming through who are performing to first grade standard within 1-2 seasons of their debut.
Think u left a few players off the plus $500,000 wage , ramien came band Moylan ,
Out of that lot Frizzlesticks sounds good, ultimate professional.
Nanagai hard to get him out of NQ because of his family.
Tapine is locked up and I can't see Ricky letting him go but would be awesome.
If your talking about seeking early releases I would throw money at Warriors Josh Curran. He is an absolute workhorse and would be perfect along side Papa.
yes with u , would take Curran he is a real goer

I’d pay nothing extra to take anyone from Newcastle. This is a club with problems, you don’t want their problems.
Totally agree they are a club with problems - big time. I'm not sure who I'd want to take from there, maybe Frizell?... but a fresh environment might get new energy in the player.

A few members have been saying we should sign Jayden Okunbor. He just let in a soft try in reserve grade for the dogs.
Cini looks like he's cemented a spot in Parra's reserves. 🤔

Knockonbor, yeh that hilarious. I'm glad one of our back has improved his hands. Nothing rhymes with Asu Kepaoa. 😻

i was listening to an interview with Chad last night and when asked about the difference in the cows performance under Todd and in the past, he put it down to heavy training, in particular creating “muscle memory”.

It’s good when a bit truthfulness leaks out of the glass of bullshit and emotion all the clubs serve us.

Knockonbor, yeh that hilarious. I'm glad one of our back has improved his hands. Nothing rhymes with Asu Kepaoa. 😻
Asu Kepaoa
Was a back rower
Until he met Madge Maguire

Along came a spider
And sat down beside Nofa
Now he’s scoring whilst he’s away!

Back