Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

1. Will never happen
2. No club does that -every club changes them every few years as a money making exercise.
3. We are already doing this a lot
4.Supposedly this is happening, but realistically we don't even have a game-plan at nrl level so of course the coaches at lower levels are adapting a game-plan to suit their players.
5. There is one NSW Cup team. Branded as Magpies but many NRL clubs use other club's brands at that level (Newtown, North Sydney, Blacktown, Mounties etc.)

So really we've already done most of what you say.
Point 5 difference is we are a merger and are called wests tigers.
I do not particularly want to support a nsw cup team called Western Suburbs Magpies e.g. this is not wests tigers.
Sydney Roosters use Norths
Manly use blackthorn
fine they are one entity they are not a joint venture

If the club truly wants to end a divide the nsw cup team shoukd be wests tigers

I think that's the point. Easts and Cronulla don't have a NSW Cup team in their colours - they use Norths and Newtown respectively, and it doesn't harm them in the slightest (both 1sts and reserves are in the top four).
cronulla and easts are not merged nrl teams
wests tigers are

I'd like to see the Balmain and Western Suburbs logos removed from the jerseys. Would prefer just the Wests Tigers logo on the front, chest position. One club, one logo, one ground etc....
I think removing the balmain and western suburbs logos from the nrl jersey would be a great start along with one nsw cup team wests tigers.

I don't see why it matters. The sole purpose of a NSW Cup team is to develop players for the FG team. I wouldn't mind if they had a fan contest to decide upon the name each and every weekend - it's irrelevant.
it matters because we are a joint venture... I don't give a tinkers about Magpies tbh
it is yet another divide in the club.

1. Will never happen
2. No club does that -every club changes them every few years as a money making exercise.
3. We are already doing this a lot
4.Supposedly this is happening, but realistically we don't even have a game-plan at nrl level so of course the coaches at lower levels are adapting a game-plan to suit their players.
5. There is one NSW Cup team. Branded as Magpies but many NRL clubs use other club's brands at that level (Newtown, North Sydney, Blacktown, Mounties etc.)

So really we've already done most of what you say.
1. It should…not speculating as to if it will. That’s up to the club. There is support from the fan base though. It’s been 22 years since Wests and Balmain merged. Anyone under 27 or 28 would have little to no recollection of those clubs and plenty of the old heads are seeing it that way too…it’s the club that is holding onto to this 79 home grounds each year mess.

2. St George and Souths don’t change their jerseys. Penrith have gone back to their 90’s strip, with a non-traditional away strip. Parra have been pretty consistent. Bulldogs? Roosters? Manly?

3. Yes we are…just need to get it right. A good start.

4. Hopefully we get it right…it will make a huge difference to the future of the club.

5. Who are the Magpies? Who are Balmain? We had a WT cup team at one point…why was it changed? We should have one identity from the ground up. I realise there will be different opinions on this…just my 2 cents on the matter and I think many agree.

When Mick Potter arrived and described the club as different to any other and is a political hotbed. There is your answer . Signings are affected by perception right or wrong perception is everything
And perception can be changed , by just accepting our inability to recruit stats and focusing on ‘development’ we are only adding fuel to the fire. Nobody wants to play for Worsts Tigers.

Hopefully next year they put the NRLW on before the wests tigers first grade, at least they are wests tigers
Nah, I’d much rather watch blokes on the precipice of making it as an elite athlete than a Mickey Mouse league. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Latest posts

Back