Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't watch Fox/360 etc, but have a question for those that do please:

Now that Sheens is back, is Braith playing nicer with us? How many players does he manage? I only know of Munster; I'm glad we've initiated the conversation, but we'd be a longshot. Wondering who else he looks after and whether, due to past incidents involving Gatorade and strapping tape, we aren't even a consideration for his clients?

Can anyone shed any light? Cheers

Also, on the issue of player managers, wouldn't it be a better approach for Sheens or Warren, to approach one or two and say: we have x amount of dollars and are chasing a package of players. Who have you got? This way, none are coming on their own, won't be expected to be our savior. We could even list position preferences for the bigger agents, that have quite a few on their books. Wouldn't it be lovely to announce three or four players, a FRF, 1 or 2 2RF, CTR, all at once.

Now that Sheens is back, is Braith playing nicer with us? How many players does he manage? I only know of Munster; I'm glad we've initiated the conversation, but we'd be a longshot. Wondering who else he looks after and whether, due to past incidents involving Gatorade and strapping tape, we aren't even a consideration for his clients?

I watch 360 every night but Braith is very guarded..He was sort of forced to discuss Munster and his meetings with Storm as Kent was carrying on like he knew more than Braith .All that came out was Storm had improved their offer to now being in the ballpark but Munster won't consider his position till after GF

I watch 360 every night but Braith is very guarded..He was sort of forced to discuss Munster and his meetings with Storm as Kent was carrying on like he knew more than Braith .All that came out was Storm had improved their offer to now being in the ballpark but Munster won't consider his position till after GF
Thanks @Stevec

IMO Braith has been fine with his comments regarding the Tigers for years. Supporters have been way too sensitive when it comes to Anasta.

It's a qld team race

You might think this post is in the wrong thread but it goes to who we should be signing. There's a book by Gary Lester called "Clouds of Dust Buckets of Blood", which is a history of the Western Suburbs Rugby League Club". In it there's a wonderfui quote from Noel Kelly in which he says:
"There wasn't one Wests player I didn't want to play with .... not one dud. I loved Wests. It is the greatest club in the world. To put a Wests jumper on was equal to wearing an Australian jumper."

Wouldn't it be great if we could say win, lose or draw, there wasn't one dud in our team. And, if we could say the players feel a great honour to play with Wests Tigers and prize the jersey highly. I said something in an earlier post about culture, or the lack of it at WT. We should be recruiting players who have these characteristics and, more important, we should be making sure our juniors are imbued with this spirit and want to play with WT above all else.

Pipedream? I hope not.
It’s in my library. Great read for magpie old timers.

Also, on the issue of player managers, wouldn't it be a better approach for Sheens or Warren, to approach one or two and say: we have x amount of dollars and are chasing a package of players. Who have you got? This way, none are coming on their own, won't be expected to be our savior. We could even list position preferences for the bigger agents, that have quite a few on their books. Wouldn't it be lovely to announce three or four players, a FRF, 1 or 2 2RF, CTR, all at once.
Would be wonderful if we could pull it off . 3 class forwards and a class center great .We would have to pay overs of course .
Would be nice to talk about actual recruits instead of reading hundreds of pages on this thread about suggestions and fantasy recruitment

Why would you consider baitman with a big transfer fee he would close to $1,000,000 with transfer and salary and we all remember the way he walked away from Canberra when under contract there team was way better than these reserve graders

100% this.
It's bonkers to go after him given the fee needed & his form/age + track record just doesn't warrant it.

He is also someone who doesn't care about the club he plays at.
He left the Raiders early after the fallout due to being with his daughter / homesick and within 2yrs comes back to us leaving another contract early by 2yrs. If things go ugly have zero doubts he would bail on us as well.

Why would you consider baitman with a big transfer fee he would close to $1,000,000 with transfer and salary and we all remember the way he walked away from Canberra when under contract there team was way better than these reserve graders
That's it and we have our Cap under control .complete waste to sign bateman

if Munster goes to dolphins and douhie to stor then we have 650k to spend on our cap for 2024
As far as Brooks go you get the long service 150k allowance so as long as Sheens can negotiate 2024 and beyond down to say 650k that becomes 500k straight away. That is a good deal for brooks if we can keep Hastings.
Then with Brooks reduced salary and Douhie's you have (650k plus 650k) 1.3 million to go after Dylan brown or Moses or even tedesco

Imagine we went after Tedesco, Manu, Keary, Tupou, Crighton, JWH, Radley, Sualii, Walker.. how would we fit them under the cap????
"If there is a will, there is a way", and "the way" shall be easy, just copy/implement the Rorters/Dogs system!
To accomplish that, a drastic change is needed in our administration!

Except transfer fees aren't included in the salary cap. If the reported $350k transfer fee is true then that's between the clubs. His salary (~$600k) will be the only cost included on the cap.

He's not worth a million but is he worth the same price as Papali'i? That's the real argument.

Imagine we went after Tedesco, Manu, Keary, Tupou, Crighton, JWH, Radley, Sualii, Walker.. how would we fit them under the cap????
Thats between about
$8 or $9 Million & you have only 9 players.

RORTERS WILL HAVE TO GET RID OF AT LEAST
3 or 4 TO BE ABLE TO HAVE A TEAM.

BUT UNCLE NICK WILL HAVE IT COVERED.
THEY WONT LOSE ONE.

Don't let the smooth talking Braith fool you he is quite open about how unprofessional West Tigers where and still are. Munster was always going home to Brisbane and we had no hope of signing him at all and it is the same with Sua from the Dragon's he wants to go home for family reason.

Latest posts

Back