Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So they should have you'd reckon....
Cooper should have debuted with us at some point,
Certainly over the likes of Hoffman and Cini
I agree.
He was carving up cup....

Then returned to Newcastle to play for Central Charlestown Butcher Boys.

Think his Mrs is playing for Knights WNRL too.

We could've used him this year in cup imo.

If brooks goes maybe sheens believes he can turn Laurie into a jahrome Hughes type halfback? (Mind the spelling). Just play eyes up footy and run first then pass? It’s pretty evident that AD couldn’t play halfback and can’t see jacko playing anything but lock

Your taking the piss tunks obviously.Do you realize how much the real arsehole called Tunks hates the Weststigers.Just listen to 2sm
Was in junior footy wasn't it?
How much of a medical "team" would Matts have?

If I remember how it was, The club wasn't prepared to extend him long term while he was injured.
He took exception and went in a different direction.

Funny there's folk here that are bashing the club for the Ilias situation, Then Bashing the club for doing the opposite with Talau.
The senior medical staff would have had a say if it was a major injury. My young bloke tore his ACL playing SG Ball at Roosters and he was operated on by the same guy who does their NRL. Did his rehab with the top squad physio’s.

He's not available next year anyway and by the size of him he might be destined for the back row.
Certainly nothing to investigate about him .. previously a strong centre like body at 95kgs .. but now since he's been hitting the gym in his current time away from the game, he has increased his body size to that of strong ball running back rower at 107kgs .. clean as a whistle .. !! ;-)

The senior medical staff would have had a say if it was a major injury. My young bloke tore his ACL playing SG Ball at Roosters and he was operated on by the same guy who does their NRL. Did his rehab with the top squad physio’s.
it would have been Merv Cross Orthopaedic surgeon

A Brooks and Frizzell swap in my opinion is a win/win to both sides plus I really want to see Brooks in another environment to he can show the NRL Public what he has got or not.

I would be fine for the right money to give brothers and former WT players Andrew and David Fifita a one year deal and a second year in the clubs favour as they seem obtainable.

Would rather have Klemmer and Lodge but can't see both leaving their current clubs especially Lodge now he is in the hands of Uncle Nick.

I am sure there are some hidden gems in other teams State Cup Teams that have their NRL pathways block like Dean Hawkins (Souths Half Back who top the stats in 4 categories) and Kayal Iro (Centre/Winger who appears to top all the important stats. Son of Kevin Iro).
Your wishes are part there of might already be a done deal. We haven't seen anything great as yet from Tim so fingers crossed he's been hard at it behind the scenes 😉

Reactions: 851
If brooks goes maybe sheens believes he can turn Laurie into a jahrome Hughes type halfback? (Mind the spelling). Just play eyes up footy and run first then pass? It’s pretty evident that AD couldn’t play halfback and can’t see jacko playing anything but lock

Seen Sheens believe in lots of things - And lots of Nuftys over my time....
Didn't work out - That's back when he was actually an NRL coach.

Interesting some of the chat around Sheens wanting Laurie as halves cover.

I’m not sure if anyone remembers, but in his first trial for us (against Manly I believe) he went very well at 5/8…

You could see he had the skill, but his strength and size was stopping him from turning the half breaks into something more.

Maybe with a couple of years of first grade behind him, he’ll be better for it?

The only concern is the amount of defence he’d have to do.

On Brooks, it was clear without him we weren’t any better. On the right contract $, he presents good value for the club when you take the long-serving player allowance into account.

It’s obvious to everyone including Luke that he’s not a $1 million player, but if Sheens can renegotiate his contract extension to say $650k x 3 seasons, the cap allowance is $188,000 per season, making Luke’s impact on our cap only $462,000 a season.

Given the average of the cap is around $306k in 2022…and likely more in 2023 and beyond, that presents a decent result for the club going forward. Even if he plays reserves for half a season or gets injured, you don’t have a huge chunk of your cap sitting on the sidelines.

What makes you sure that Brooks wanted to play under Madge? Brooks will be a much better halfback under Sheens and Marshall.
Don’t think brooks has ever been coached by sheens, I believe potter gave him his debut

Reactions: 851
If the whole Laurie to 5/8 thing could be happening if Brooks goes and we get Frizzel or Klemmer in return I'm all for it

Screw Charlie Staines, much prefer Tyrell Sloan who has reportedly asked for a release and has a strong connection with some of our boys.

Back