Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The Dogs are going to have to let some big money players go.
They’ll let form / play style decide this is the Gus way.
Sign everyone for competition and then pick the most suited 17. The rest either accept the lower grades or beg to get out.
There is always a desperate Wests Tigers or similar around to help.

Developing didn't work last time...
Or the time before.
Won't work now!!

How many front rowers (Better than below average) have we "Developed" since 2011-12?
Is it 1?
What about Backrowers? 2-3 maybe....
No fullbacks of note since Tedesco (Who's been gone for 5 years)
1 Decent centre - If you count Suli....
ALL THIS - From 2 Junior Nurserys....

Even when we were loaded with Junior Talent - We made 3 finals in 20 odd years...
Don't buy everything they sell you.
how did it go 2004 - 2011? Who was in charge then?

They’ll let form / play style decide this is the Gus way.
Sign everyone for competition and then pick the most suited 17. The rest either accept the lower grades or beg to get out.
There is always a desperate Wests Tigers or similar around to help.
Thing is the Dogs haven't actually officially signed all these players for 2023. They may have signed contracts, but they're all currently sitting in a draw in Belmore. They haven't announced the signings of Kikau, Mahoney, Sutton, Pele etc.

These players may have signed contracts with the Dogs but until they're officially lodged with the NRL these players are all effectively free agents. Sure they've been given assurances from Gus that everything will be fine, don't worry about it, sign the contract and everything else will sort itself out.

This is a huge story that's currently still being ignored by the media. Gus has probably warned them off having a go at him.

Seems odd that he played a lot of very ordinary football there, They couldn't wait to be rid of him...
Only to sign him back now.

Does make sense though, Their "Best Player" this year in Marshall-King is gone and there probably isn't a lot of cover for him.

Mahoney is going there next year.

Reactions: 851
The Dogs are going to have to let some big money players go.
Or they won't be able to register players or they will struggle to keep their good kids in a year or 2 time. Something has to give in a big way. 3rd party deals for the players they are chasing won't cut the mustard.

Why does my avi keep getting deleted?
Deadset, it's a [This word has been automatically removed]ing naked m&m🙄

Welcome to the new whirlpool forum.

If Nu Brown leaving is accurate I'd personally be devastated. The guy's footwork and spark around the spine/hooker is gold.

Just dug up a headline back from July, and this is what Nu had to say about the club.

"Personally, I grew up watching the Tigers and obviously as a Kiwi kid Benji Marshall was my favourite player," Brown said.
"I actually debuted against Benji Marshall so to be a part of this club is surreal.
"So to stay here until I retire would be my dream come true."

Why would he wanna leave ?

Back