Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If Pascoe just focused on finances
If Lee just focused on TPA options
If Sheens just focused on the Footy aspect
If none of the above crossed over into other domains I think we are ok.
You’re talking about clearly defined areas of responsibility? This is a spoon footy club mate, that’s not the way it’s done.

Cloudy

I heard some very intriguing information on the weekend (from a mate who's a journo in NZ), he told me that the Tigers are having a crack at a couple of fringe All-Blacks (outside backs) who are unlikely to make the 2023 World Cup side.

I was also told that Benji is incredibly popular there and has real pulling power.

Hopefully goes better than Maguire indigenous pathways. Only 1 player remains for now.

I did say they were a 'unique' example - I thought it was obvious what that meant.
Even so, they consistently turn promising youngsters into elite and hardened talent. It's not by accident.
You are working on the false premise that the Rorters are "devloping" this talent on a level playing field . If you can " lure away" & "magically"afford under their salary sombreo 5 times the amount of talented juniors from all clubs who really develop them , clearly your "fabricated " strike rate is better. They then simply discard the remainder. See what they themselves do with "their own developed talent" when they can corruptly buy real talented player from anouther club( eg Mitchell Pearce punted for Cronk , Verrils punted Smith.) By their own disloyal actions they clearly show even they dont believe their own BS .......so i dont understand when anyone else does.

I heard third hand today that a WT sponsor was working on a mega TPA for Munster. I can't vouch for the original source but the bloke who told me is in the know. Anyway, he reckons we'll know by Wednesday so I guess we don't have to wait too long to see if it's BS.
Tigers would turn Munster into a Q Cup player in no time

just to clarify nu browns contract
he was offered a one year minimum contract with the tigers

the only way he could have a accepted less is if he has signed on a train and trial deal or signed a nsw cup contract

Any idea what position the club view him.

Guess again.
You cannot ignore the lengths they go to to develop the supporting cast that play alongside the stars. Some of them have broken out as outright stars themselves. (Manu, Collins, Radley) but they are all given the same opportunity. Sure someone like Suali probably was not developed at the Roosters as with Tedesco and Keary.
But the Butcher brothers, Tupou, Hargreaves, SST, Collins, Latrell and more started as teenagers with the club.
Sorry mate, do your research. Guess again. Nat Butcher played junior footy with South Sydney, Hargreaves with Manly, Collins Brisbane Broncos, & Tupou with Parramatta. Only Manu, Radley & Mitchell Rooster juniors & Mitchell wont have a bar of them. . Development club my bum. Cheating rorters .

Cameron Munster is a winner…. if there’s a chance you can get him you do it with the cap being raised it can work in our favour with the $ we have available compared to other teams

Selling the vision from Munsters perspective wouldn’t be as bad as some may think:

- New coaching structure (start of a change of culture which Munster can see as an opportunity to challenge himself and test his greatness whist getting paid heavily)

- He won’t be alone he’ll be with other world class acquisitions as well in arguably both the best hooker/best back rowers in the game with Papalili and Api along with the juniors we have coming through too

- The coach is (childhood idol Benji Marshall) whom he is very very close too, whilst Anasta and Sheens have a mutual positive relationship as both view each other very highly

- Brand new faculties (world class)

- He’ll be getting paid heavily to set himself up with his newborn etc… talking around 1.2-3 million (would beat all competitor bids) with the amount of front loading we have done plus potential TPA we could afford it and have chance to go further if needed

Side note: Munster and Hastings would be a fantastic halves combination, both absolute warriors leading your team around in the halves

Last edited:
I thought that TPA's had to be from someone/business not associated with the club.
That's why Harry couldn't provide TPA's.
I could be wrong.
Our good mate Geo posted this back in 2015 about TPAs - don't know if it is still the same.

"Clubs can offer TPA's from Club affiliated sponsors up to an amount (currently 600k I beleive) on top of the salary cap...this can also be cars boats etc and can be spread to anyone in the playing group..."

Sorry mate, do your research. Guess again. Nat Butcher played junior footy with South Sydney, Hargreaves with Manly, Collins Brisbane Broncos, & Tupou with Parramatta. Only Manu, Radley & Mitchell Rooster juniors & Mitchell wont have a bar of them. . Development club my bum. Cheating rorters .
Roosters, Storm etc do it correctly if you ask me.
Trying to bring a kid from under 13s through to first grade is a hard task. Buying gun 16/17 year olds and then preparing them for first grade makes you a developer.

JWH was a pretty high profile (if young) signing, but the others were all picked up around 20yo or younger and debuted in FG with the roosters.
All you've mentioned have gone on to become rep players (bar Butcher).

How many promising 20 year olds have we signed only for them to fizzle out completely?

Yes they no doubt have some creative accounting going on, but their player development systems are excellent and there's no reason why we shouldn't aspire to the same.

You don’t hear a lot of things. Need to expand your sources
Of all the things that never happened, I didn’t hear of 100% of them.

Unlike others, if I haven’t heard, I don’t make things up.

again, if you didn’t hear it from me or @THE_POM its fake news……….although…….I can confirm that someone else has posted something correct in the last 10 pages

Hint……..it’s not Munster by Wednesday

Back